Ed Reed says bring back Fireman Ed

joewilly12

http://nypost.com/2013/11/27/ed-reed-jets-need-to-bring-fireman-ed-back/

Jets safety Ed Reed will play his first game at MetLife Stadium with the team on Sunday against the Dolphins. He was upset to learn Wednesday he won’t see famed Jets fan “Fireman Ed” leading the cheers.

“That guy with the hard hat on, is he still here? What’s his name, Fireman Ed?” Reed said. “I need him getting the whole stadium crunked.”

“Fireman” Ed Anzalone quit a year ago after the Jets were humiliated on Thanksgiving by the Patriots 49-19 in the game famous for Mark Sanchez’s “buttfumble.” Anzalone stooped leading the “J-E-T-S” chant after that game.

Reed joked that maybe Anzalone would come back.

“He retired? I can’t believe it. We need to bring him out of retirement,” Reed said.

The Jets are 4-1 this season at home and 1-5 on the road. Reed said the Jets are counting on the fans to give them a boost on Sunday.

“It’s going to be fun to play in front of the home crowd and have that energy that we need,” Reed said. “We’re going to need the 12th man really bad to get this going the right way, to try to get this train moving to where we want to go. I think as a team we need it. We need that energy.”

I think its an absolute embarrassment that the Jets fans need any one person to make them get loud at that sh*thole of a stadium. I really really miss the old stadium, as do most of the fans who used to make that stadium loud.

The Jets have the most expensive tickets in the league (yes more expensive than their co-tenant the Giants, who btw have won 2 super bowls on the last 5 years) in a shared stadium. that is absolutely ridiculous, and now you are seeing what greed does.

I think Ed should focus on playing better..

About the chant. At first i thought it was lame that they wanted a new version of the J-E-T-S, but i like it, it works. Do not know what more experient fans think.

I think its an absolute embarrassment that the Jets fans need any one person to make them get loud at that sh*thole of a stadium. I really really miss the old stadium, as do most of the fans who used to make that stadium loud.

The Jets have the most expensive tickets in the league (yes more expensive than their co-tenant the Giants, who btw have won 2 super bowls on the last 5 years) in a shared stadium. that is absolutely ridiculous, and now you are seeing what greed does.

Top 5 worst owner in sports. Every time that nerd opens his mouth another Giant fan is born. 

I think Ed should focus on playing better..

About the chant. At first i thought it was lame that they wanted a new version of the J-E-T-S, but i like it, it works. Do not know what more experient fans think.

Meh, i was waiting for one of these. Yeah, he's a first ballot hall of famer. YOU TELL HIM! 

Meh, i was waiting for one of these. Yeah, he's a first ballot hall of famer. YOU TELL HIM! 

Know what, i respect what the man has done in Baltimore, no doubt. But since when is that a reason to judge him differently than anybody else out there trying? F that thinking..

With this team, we should have maybe Policeman Ed, or Cowboy Ed, or how bout Indian Ed - hell let's get the whole damn Village People Ed! Be a lot more entertaining than watching Geno throwing pick 6s all over the yard!

Village People Ed?   Now there's a thought.   Text Woody, it fits

What's your source?

This source says the Jets have the 12th highest average ticket price this season, with the Giants being 3rd highest.

Oh, I think I found what you were referring to. Apparently it refers to non-premium tickets only.

Know what, i respect what the man has done in Baltimore, no doubt. But since when is that a reason to judge him differently than anybody else out there trying? F that thinking..

I disagree, I think different people/players deserve different or various amounts of respect from fans etc. based on their careers and accomplishments... but to each his own. 

I disagree, I think different people/players deserve different or various amounts of respect from fans etc. based on their careers and accomplishments... but to each his own.

I respect Ed. Hope he has another gear to kick in for the remain of the season.

Fireman Ed like him or not got the crowd fired up and the Jets players fired up on the field. They need to make things right with Fireman Ed.

not exactly lol Fireman Ed is overrated at best and the ONLY reason why it "appeared" that he got the crowd fired up was because they showed HIM on the BIG SCREEN and there have been MANY times dating back to when he first came on board that if the camera wasn't on him? you could barely hear the crowd...it's like having someone talk through a microphone...it helps ALOT lol otherwise it falls on deaf ears and that's a fact.

The Jets owe Ed NOTHING infact...they made HIM.

not exactly lol Fireman Ed is overrated at best and the ONLY reason why it "appeared" that he got the crowd fired up was because they showed HIM on the BIG SCREEN and there have been MANY times dating back to when he first came on board that if the camera wasn't on him? you could barely hear the crowd...it's like having someone talk through a microphone...it helps ALOT lol otherwise it falls on deaf ears and that's a fact.

The Jets owe Ed NOTHING infact...they made HIM.

Having attended many home games you are WRONG. Fireman Ed fired up the players and the crowd I can remember on kickoffs the players looked for him to start the chant and often encouraged it. Certain fans just don't like the fact that Ed did a service why be jealous over a guy who cheers on your team?   The Chant isn't the same and sucks since Ed no longer does it. Ed owes the Jets nothing and Jets dropped another ball in the organizations history for not getting him back. That's a fact.

Archived