Kubiak fired.

Integrity28

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ben Tate was a 2nd rounder? Damn.

Wasn't he coming off an injury in college - probably could have gone earlier. He was supposed to inherit that RB job when he got healthy or something like that, but then Foster came from out of nowhere with his Priest Holmes impression.

The Great Mike Florio aside, teams and their coaches are always judged against expectations. Always. Ryan is actually falling victim to that this season, as expectations were raised due to a better than expected start.

Then what did the past 2 losing seasons do for said expectations?

Someone should tell Crusher that when players are hurt and not playing, they aren't helping the team. This seems lost on him.

Write it in bacon, there's a small chance he'lll subconsciously absorb the idea as he engulfs the bacon

Oh, a prediction from Bit. Is this from the less mature Bit of 10 years ago, who tried to root players on despite performance that said otherwise, or the more, wiser Bit of today?

um unless i have a time machine it's pretty clear who's making the post

san dimas high school football rules! 

Actually, this will be his 3rd losing season in 8 years. 5/8 winning seasons. Rex has had 3 losing seasons in 5 years. 2/5 winning seasons.

Kubiak is coming off of going 22-10 over 2012 and 2011. Rex is coming off of going 11-17 in that same span.

Who's the moron?

And how many playoff seasons did he have in 8 years? How about playoff victories? Let me tell u. He is 2/8 in making the playoffs (25%) and 2-2 (50%) in playoffs. Rex is 2/5 in making the playoffs (40%) and 4-2 (67%) in playoffs. And Rex has done this with possibly THE worst offense through that time span with THE worst QB play in the league while Kubiak had the luxury of a 4-time pro bowl QB.

And how many playoff seasons did he have in 8 years? How about playoff victories? Let me tell u. He is 2/8 in making the playoffs (25%) and 2-2 (50%) in playoffs. Rex is 2/5 in making the playoffs (40%) and 4-2 (67%) in playoffs. And Rex has done this with possibly THE worst offense through that time span with THE worst QB play in the league while Kubiak had the luxury of a 4-time pro bowl QB.

And Kubiak did it with a sh*t defense, it works both ways.

And Rex and Kubiak are to blame for the sh*t offense and sh*t defense respectively.

Both should be fired.

One down............

And Kubiak did it with a sh*t defense, it works both ways.

And Rex and Kubiak are to blame for the sh*t offense and sh*t defense respectively.

Both should be fired.

One down............

sh*t defense? Did they have the worst defense over the last 8 years? Not even close. They have some really good defenders, just like Rex.

Schaub was a 4 time pro-bowler? Wow, the AFC is that devoid of good Qbs, or did Peyton, Brady, Luck, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Flacco, and Dalton all have guest appearences on Leno scheduled that week? I'm shocked.

Actually, 2nd worse Qb play in the league over that time frame. Cleveland had a 70.8, and the Jets had a 70.9 BUT this was before GENOS single digit performance this past weekend, so probably if you factor that in, that I would assume that the Jets are now the worst over that span. Theirs something as Jet Fans we can pound our chests about being first in something.

Funny Rex actually had good QB play in the playoffs. Once again it was his vaunted defense that sh*t the bed in both AFCCG games. Funny I remember some Jets fans Recently saying if Rex just got decent QB play we would have won 2 SB's .....

Steelers AFCCG - sh*t bed in first half, Team making comeback in second half and defense could not get the big stop on 3rd and long. The Pats and Ravens and Giants defenses would have got those stops

Colts AFCCG - Jets take 17-6 lead defense then sh*ts bed totally and gives up points on nearly every drive thereafter

Imagine Rex taking low-round and UDFA'S like Foster, Tate and Daniels and turning them into high-end players.

Tate was a second round pick as a RB in the 2000's, he was a really good prospect. Daniels was the first pick of the fourth round. Foster opened the season as the top senior RB prospect in the draft (IIRC) and a second round grade. 

http://www.rockytoptalk.com/2009/4/21/846583/unfortunate-events-arian-foster

LOL

It cracks me up how quick people are to defend Rex over Kubiak getting fired.

Kubiak was coming off of two winning seasons, had a talented team loaded and ready to go, and they all got hurt... and they fired him. He's vastly out-performed Rex the past 2 seasons. Hard to compare this year given Kubiak's stroke or whatever and all their injuries, and Rex's circumstances aren't totally fair to him.

My point was an is, coaches get fired for way less that the failures Rex has had the past 3 seasons. So, maybe a 4th and 5th year of excuse-making for him is excessive? Perhaps? I dunno... since a franchise that actually has expectations of winning can fire a coach who has been mostly successful in the past 3 years after ONE down year, you'd think our franchise IF it cared about winning would fire a coach who hasn't been successful at all during those same 3 years.

It's just logic. I don't expect most of you to get it.

What would this teams record be if Geno had Arian Foster, Ben Tate, Andre Johnson, and Owen Daniels?

I love this question as it begs much further study?

The easy answer of course is that , sure we would have abetter record as these are far better weapons than we have, but are they? On the surface, of course, BUT in the Jets system, would they be? and would we be screaming that our offense stinks because we have no weapons?

OR

The bigger question is, if they are far better weapons, then why dont we have better weapons? Is it because, maybe we do and REX and his archaic offensive systems either doesnt develop offensive weapons or do great offensive weapons actually get stifled in this system?

OR

If they are better weapons and ours are just awful, then why does this coaching staff and organization GET better weapons? Are they just too stubborn and would rather have weapons on defense? Are they afraid to draft REAL weapons and plug them into a horrible system?

Its so easy to say, Yeah Geno would be performing better, with this teams or that teams weapons, but in reality would he? I am not so sure, are you?

Someone should tell Crusher that when players are hurt and not playing, they aren't helping the team. This seems lost on him.

Rex has coached a team of injured receivers and tight ends to being in the playoff hunt up to a week ago.  Like a freaking miracle worker Ape breathe. 

Archived