Where in the world is Jets GM John Idzik?

joewilly12

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-world-jets-gm-idzik-article-1.1540679

John Idzik has fallen silent as the Jets season has just about slid off the playoff map, showing no accountability at time when it is needed most.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-world-jets-gm-idzik-article-1.1540679#ixzz2mp7T3q5b

*My system wont allow me to copy and paste the article and the pics.

ac·count·a·bil·i·ty (əˌkountəˈbilitē/)

n. 

1. Submitting to puerile questions from mendacious, self-important sh*theels who were too dumb to make the Giants beat

2. Answering to a fan base famous for sexually harassing women and selling their tickets to Steelers fans

LOL! If Mehta wrote this article about Jerry Reese, Pat Hanlon would tear his trachea out.

Here you go, Manish. Your mythical Idzik interview:

Q: John, Geno has been bad for the last month. What are your thoughts on his performance?

Idzik: He's done some good things, he's done some things not so well. He's a talented young player and we're excited about his future.

Q: Dee Milliner has been pulled in four different games this year and has looked lost at times out there. Your thoughts?

Idzik: He's done some good things, he's done some things not so well. He's a talented young player and we're excited about his future.

Q: Brian Winters has really...

Q: What about Rex's...

Q: The Mike Good...

Q: What...

Q: You...

I disagree

John Idzik has fallen silent as the Jets season has just about slid off the playoff map, showing no accountability at time when it is needed most.

GMs rarely speak to the media during the season. Especially if the coach's job is in danger.

This is Mehta being his usual pain in the ass self. Nothing more.

his off season was terrible .., way more culpable for this year then Rex

sheldon richardson looks like he could be a future all-pro

chris ivory was a really nice pick-up, especially when you consider he only cost a 4th round pick

the reality is that idzik inherited a team with a roster totally depleted in talent, without a decent qb, and in salary cap hell.

if we come away from this season with a incredibly healthy cap situation and sheldon richardson and chris ivory i'd say thats not bad

chris ivory was a really nice pick-up, especially when you consider he only cost a 4th round pick

the reality is that idzik inherited a team with a roster totally depleted in talent, without a decent qb, and in salary cap hell.

if we come away from this season with a incredibly healthy cap situation and sheldon richardson and chris ivory i'd say thats not bad

Co-sign.  Also, this draft was based on the old regime's scouting staff's input.   I am giving him a pass on the misses from the 2013 draft.   2014 is all on his head.  With cap room and his guys in place I have high expectations.  Look for the team to have upgrades across the board (players and coaches) with lots of dead weight hitting the road. 

His Father unfortunately did just pass away, it's possible he's been splitting time between work and the hospital so as to limit some of his non-mandatory media sessions. Obviously I have no idea either way, but it's not out of the realm of possibilities that he's been a bit preoccupied to do the extra interviews.

Coming into season with sanchez, geno and a gimp at QB was inexcusable

This defense is good enough to get to PO's with Average Joe at QB

His Father unfortunately did just pass away, it's possible he's been splitting time between work and the hospital so as to limit some of his non-mandatory media sessions. Obviously I have no idea either way, but it's not out of the realm of possibilities that he's been a bit preoccupied to do the extra interviews.

Great timing by Manish, that piece of sh*t.

Coming into season with sanchez, geno and a gimp at QB was inexcusable

This defense is good enough to get to PO's with Average Joe at QB

i'm sorry but what choices did he have at qb?

and.....this defense is severely overrated by some of you. the only thing its good at is stopping the run, which is the result of having a really good d-line and not much else.

Moron of a writer, if I was the Jets GM, I wouldn't be talking to the media, smart

to go by the league minimum, anything a GM says should be smoke signals in

the days leading up to the draft, beyond that it's in the teams best interest if he

does not communicate at all with the media, for a number of reasons,

this fool of a writer is just getting some reads by being an idiot, he doesn't know

enough about the game, strategies, never writes a player profile, or

says anything about an assistant coach, great writers write about fans, family,

past championships, players personal struggles, hope, destiny, turning failure

into victory, turning the corner, justice, injustice, peace, world harmony, faith,

great calls and bad calls, - they don't create stories, they dig to find stories that

deserve to be told '''' Mehnta your a dummy, go back to school.

i'm sorry but what choices did he have at qb?

and.....this defense is severely overrated by some of you. the only thing its good at is stopping the run, which is the result of having a really good d-line and not much else.

Agree on all points.  I believe he saw the situation for what it was and rather than make a half-assed, knee-jerk attempt  to salvage what was a lost season before it even started, he opted to bide his time in the interest of a long term plan and solution.  You cannot make chicken liver out of chicken $hit.  

If only Idzik would face the media. They'd get to the bottom of this!

This is the same Manish Mehta who practically demanded Idzik extend Wrecks and give Geno a long term deal after the Saints game. The only thing these guys get to the bottom of is the chafing dishes in the free press room spread, and faster than ususal if general jackass of both teams Cannizaro is working the game.

Started reading the Dawidoff book last night. The media even in as friendly a place as Florham Park get the Potemkin Village treatment limited very strictly to what the organization wants them to see.The idea Mehta, some guy with a journalism degree and some attitude, has a freaking clue is beyond laughable. The one thing the internet has done has exposed these guys as mostly lazy and ill-informed.

I'd imagine this is also true. Yes, Manish, Idzik should stop by and listen to your inane questions while his dad is on his deathbed in Pennsylvania. Idzik may succeed or fail, but talking or not talking to this a-hole won't figure in thinsg at all.

Archived