WFAN: Rex/Jets working on an extension (update: through 2015)

Integrity28

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i guess the jets feel that rex has no leverage and they can lock him up cheaply. are they really that worried about rex pulling a flacco and winning the SB in a "contract year"? i would prefer rolling the dice on a show-me year, but hey, i guess that is why i am not an NFL GM. what do i care anyway, his salary doesn't count against the cap.

Amen! This GM sucked merely 2 weeks ago, now, he is the greatest GM in the history of GM's!

Two weeks ago he was supposed to fire Rex in two weeks, and his first draft pick ever was a bust. Since then, Rex coached up that pick and Idzik retained Rex. It gives us hope, anyway.

I remember how I was slammed here earlier in the season when I suggested a one year extension for Rex. I heard a lot about how that just isn't done. I did.

Of course, I heard Idzik was gonna fire Rex at his earliest opportunity, too. So there's that.

/smug

I remember how I was slammed here earlier in the season when I suggested a one year extension for Rex. I heard a lot about how that just isn't done. I did.

Of course, I heard Idzik was gonna fire Rex at his earliest opportunity, too. So there's that.

/smug

Letting a coach go into a season on a one-year deal doesn't happen. This esteemed owner is hedging his bets while playing to the crowd instead of trying to get to a Super Bowl. This organization is adrift.

Letting a coach go into a season on a one-year deal doesn't happen. This esteemed owner is hedging his bets while playing to the crowd instead of trying to get to a Super Bowl. This organization is adrift.

Idzik <3 Rex, sorry that doesn't fit the preseason narrative.

And if Idzik is good at his job this offseason, Rex'll be getting another extension next year. How cool is that?

F#%ing Manish...his Twitter poll really did the job.

Actually it happened like 2 years ago with Tony Sparano but you and the rest of the lollipoop guild go ahead and keep reciting that mantra.

Actually I'm surprised they extended him.  I thought he deserved 1 more year but not necessarily an extension.  Figured he'd earn it next year if Idzik goes Idzik starting in March...

anyhow..  how's the rest of your day been?

Actually it happened like 2 years ago with Tony Sparano but you and the rest of the lollipoop guild go ahead and keep reciting that mantra.

Actually I'm surprised they extended him. I thought he deserved 1 more year but not necessarily an extension. Figured he'd earn it next year if Idzik goes Idzik starting in March...

anyhow.. how's the rest of your day been?

Ah, the olde Jeff Ireland/Tony Sparano Model.

Archived