If the Jets take a QB in first three rounds....

sirlancemehlot

Mettenberger 

good pick but i kinda feel like he's gonna be overdrafted, ACL and all. Height and size someone will take him early, maybe even before Carr

That article Shane posted a little while ago showed that Carr was the worst of the group throwing under pressure. In the NFL, practically every throw is made under pressure. I'm sure someone could put an excellent looking highlight reel together with exactly the right musical accompaniment, but I still wouldn't touch him.

100% correct he can't deal with pressure means he can't deal. plus he's related to David Carr so.... pass. I don't know if he goes in rd 1 based on his bowl game alone. he will get a shot in Mobile to turn it around... 

I'd take Fales over both in the 3rd round, he is a perfect MM QB.

another sound pick he will get a chance in the Senior Bowl to impress. Really talented player but up and down in the games 

Garoppolo.  Don't know much about him, but you can't go wrong with a guinea QB.

geno and garappolos. it's like when they have the pizza on one side and the fancy restaurant on the other 2 storefronts but it's the same kitchen. pretty sure that's only a NY thing. 

people are talking about Garappolo's release there was another paisan with a fast release Dan Marino (well he was half)

my horse is Garappolo

jets need a come from nowhere scrappy savior

Co-sign -- love Jimmy G.  Arguably the best QB in the draft mechanics-wise. The QB value in this draft is not in the top picks, so if not Garappolo, there are others of the ilk.

This Geno Smith airplane news breaks, and all of a sudden this thread comes to life! It's perked up the fans ears, and I'm sure it's perked up Woody's, and Idzik's (plus the whole wiener thing). I'm pretty sure the Jets are going to take a QB now with one of their first 4 picks, AND make a play for one of the top FA QB's who might just need a system change like a Jake Locker, or Christian Ponder if they wiggle free, and I would bet Geno has as much chance to be the 3rd string QB next year as he does at the starting job!

This Geno Smith airplane news breaks, and all of a sudden this thread comes to life! It's perked up the fans ears, and I'm sure it's perked up Woody's, and Idzik's (plus the whole wiener thing). I'm pretty sure the Jets are going to take a QB now with one of their first 4 picks, AND make a play for one of the top FA QB's who might just need a system change like a Jake Locker, or Christian Ponder if they wiggle free, and I would bet Geno has as much chance to be the 3rd string QB next year as he does at the starting job!

As it should be.  He has earned ugatz.  

Really starting to like the idea of us taking Garoppolo in the 3rd round with Bucs pick. He would most likely need some time to develop but his release is really quick. He could be special and is an intriguing prospect. Hopefully we'll draft him. Apparently he's been invited to the senior bowl, will be interesting to see what he does.

None, but if Bryn Renner drops to 4th/5th round due to his mid season injury (he may not be 100% for combine, but total recovery by June) then I'd do a Seahawks aka 'grab Russ Wilson in 4th gamble on him'

article before injury:

North Carolina’s Bryn Renner shines at Manning Passing Academy

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 15, 2013, 4:04 PM EST
brynrenner-e1373918309548.jpg?w=245AP

Johnny Manziel’s case of dehydration got most of the attention at last weekend’s Manning Passing Academy. But while Manziel was leaving early, North Carolina quarterback Bryn Renner was impressing people with his on-field performance.

The Manning Passing Academy is a high school football camp, but it also functions as something of an early pro day for college quarterbacks, who take the field for passing drills that give NFL personnel people an early impression of their passing skills. And Renner showed off a particularly good arm, according to Mike Mayock of NFL Network.

“As far as the quarterbacks, the seniors, Bryn Renner from North Carolina, I thought he probably was the most polished of all the quarterbacks I saw,” Mayock said. “Great feet, bigger kid than I thought — 6-3, 220 — ball comes out beautifully.”

Mayock noted that Renner’s dad, former Packers punter Bill Renner, is respected as a coach of young players, and Renner looks like he’s been well coached for years.

“His father is a highly recognized high school coach, so it doesn’t surprise me that he’s so polished,” Mayock said.

It shouldn’t surprise anyone if Renner — who completed 65.4 percent of his passes and threw 28 touchdowns and seven interceptions last season — is a first-round pick in the 2014 NFL draft.

None, but if Bryn Renner drops to 4th/5th round due to his mid season injury (he may not be 100% for combine, but total recovery by June) then I'd do a Seahawks aka 'grab Russ Wilson in 4th gamble on him'

article before injury:

North Carolina’s Bryn Renner shines at Manning Passing Academy

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 15, 2013, 4:04 PM EST

brynrenner-e1373918309548.jpg?w=245

AP

Johnny Manziel’s case of dehydration got most of the attention at last weekend’s Manning Passing Academy. But while Manziel was leaving early, North Carolina quarterback Bryn Renner was impressing people with his on-field performance.

The Manning Passing Academy is a high school football camp, but it also functions as something of an early pro day for college quarterbacks, who take the field for passing drills that give NFL personnel people an early impression of their passing skills. And Renner showed off a particularly good arm, according to Mike Mayock of NFL Network.

“As far as the quarterbacks, the seniors, Bryn Renner from North Carolina, I thought he probably was the most polished of all the quarterbacks I saw,” Mayock said. “Great feet, bigger kid than I thought — 6-3, 220 — ball comes out beautifully.”

Mayock noted that Renner’s dad, former Packers punter Bill Renner, is respected as a coach of young players, and Renner looks like he’s been well coached for years.

“His father is a highly recognized high school coach, so it doesn’t surprise me that he’s so polished,” Mayock said.

It shouldn’t surprise anyone if Renner — who completed 65.4 percent of his passes and threw 28 touchdowns and seven interceptions last season — is a first-round pick in the 2014 NFL draft.

The Jets have 12 draft picks possibly, we all know all 12 are not going to make the team, so maybe the Jets should draft 2 of these mid round QB's with our early Comp picks, hell maybe 3, or 4 give me Garrapollo with 3rd rounder, Fales with comp 4th, Renner with possible 2nd comp 4th, and Matthews with possible comp 5th! This gives us much better odds on hitting on one of these QB's in this years draft, and still 8 picks for other positions including out first 3 which I hope can all be starters in year one with the 1st, and 2nd rounders from week 1, and the 3rd rounder slowly mixed in just like this year, and if one of the 4 QB's is the goods, then this would be the best draft in franchise history, and if Geno turns out to be the good last years draft turns out to be the best in franchise history, Starting QB, possible All Pro DL, and if his month of December is a flash of what's to come a possible all pro CB!

Like the other thread said I got a good vibe about the Jets in 2014, and beyond as long as they don't botch free agency, and the draft, and have a competent QB who won't turn it over 3 times a game!

The Jets have 12 draft picks possibly, we all know all 12 are not going to make the team, so maybe the Jets should draft 2 of these mid round QB's with our early Comp picks, hell maybe 3, or 4 give me Garrapollo with 3rd rounder, Fales with comp 4th, Renner with possible 2nd comp 4th, and Matthews with possible comp 5th! This gives us much better odds on hitting on one of these QB's in this years draft, and still 8 picks for other positions including out first 3 which I hope can all be starters in year one with the 1st, and 2nd rounders from week 1, and the 3rd rounder slowly mixed in just like this year, and if one of the 4 QB's is the goods, then this would be the best draft in franchise history, and if Geno turns out to be the good last years draft turns out to be the best in franchise history, Starting QB, possible All Pro DL, and if his month of December is a flash of what's to come a possible all pro CB!

Like the other thread said I got a good vibe about the Jets in 2014, and beyond as long as they don't botch free agency, and the draft, and have a competent QB who won't turn it over 3 times a game!

Great idea. I nominate this for POTW.

renner's senior season ended with a shoulder injury.  and his was sharing reps with his back up before that happened

5th rd or later

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000277072/article/uncs-bryn-renner-suffers-seasonending-shoulder-injury

Ya, I live here and a little more to story. It turns out Renner got hurt in summer camp and was playing hurt 1st half of season. He had ankle sprain and his push off and throwing motion were effected and you could tell it just 'wasnt him'. Then he really got hurt w/non throwing shoulder to point he was out. 2013 was a 'forget it year ' IMHO for Brynn.

He will definitly drop , I suspect 4-5 round unless some great team can afford to gamble with him higher cause they can afford to.

But I hear he is healthy w/ankle and shoulder will be healed by June. Some team is going to get a good QB. A starter? Maybe, but at worst, capable backup and smart as hell coaches kid who can learn a playbook overnite, aka, great scout team QB to help prepare thats teams defense properly.

I honestly cannot imagine the horror of the Jets drafting a QB named "Garoppolo." The resulting tribal pride from every gold-necklaced mook in the tri-state area would make Pac's mash notes to Sanchez look like a minor hobby.

da da daaa...da da duuuu.

drinking eggs

punchin meat

chasin chickens

goin to the pet store

wouldnt it be awesome

I honestly cannot imagine the horror of the Jets drafting a QB named "Garoppolo." The resulting tribal pride from every gold-necklaced mook in the tri-state area would make Pac's mash notes to Sanchez look like a minor hobby.

If he ends up playing like another Italian QB that we missed on in 1983, I'll deal with it.

Can't say that for certain. If someone drops to the third round that the jets had a higher grade on, then you take him.

yes , but there only 3 real good QB in the draft , the Jets need so many players , this is a big draft for the Jets with all the picks

Can't say that for certain. If someone drops to the third round that the jets had a higher grade on, then you take him.

I agree. The Jets need to go BAP right down the line, and if a QB winds up being that BAP at any point in the draft, they need to take him. I think I'd be surprised if that QB value shows itself as early as the third round (as teams tend to reach for QBs), but yeah, if he's there, you don't hesitate.

da da daaa...da da duuuu.

drinking eggs

punchin meat

chasin chickens

goin to the pet store

wouldnt it be awesome

LOL

The thought of an Italian-American QB leading the Jets out of the tunnel on Super Bowl Sunday is almost too much for me to think ab-.crap, I just thought about it and had an accident.

Archived