Cimini- Thurman, Dunbar are coming back.

eboozer

weird off season

idzik is a hardballer

Yeah... Not necessarily business as usual with him. Must make everyone feel a little uncomfortable. Not a bad thing when letting people know excellence is expected.

Makes me think that Rex may have won Idzik over.

Idzik continues to undermine Rex. You can tell he really doesn't like him.

TBH I think Rex has a problem moving on. I think he's such a people pleaser, he has a tough time firing coaches or benching players. He has such a need for being liked, I think it prevents him from being a better coach.

TBH I think Rex has a problem moving on. I think he's such a people pleaser, he has a tough time firing coaches or benching players. He has such a need for being liked, I think it prevents him from being a better coach.

He didn't have any problem firing Sporano, or benching Vlad, Geno, or Milliner this season.

Did you think he was supposed to fire Thurman? I thought the guy did alright in his first season, especially when you consider all the new starters he had to work with this year.

He didn't have any problem firing Sporano, or benching Vlad, Geno, or Milliner this season.

Did you think he was supposed to fire Thurman? I thought the guy did alright in his first season, especially when you consider all the new starters he had to work with this year.

The media and fan based fired Sparano. Vlad never won a starting position, and was getting Sanchez KILLED!  Tanny was just trying to get something, anything, out of his 2nd rd. pick so he put him in over Slauson . Couldn't even hold the position when they gift wrapped it for him.

Geno & Miiliner are rookies... they weren't even supposed to be starting.

The media and fan based fired Sparano. Vlad never won a starting position, and was getting Sanchez KILLED!  Tanny was just trying to get something, anything, out of his 2nd rd. pick so he put him in over Slauson . Couldn't even hold the position when they gift wrapped it for him.

So, by saying all this what did you conclude...that he was supposed to fire Thurman? 

BREAKING: KARL DUNBAR TWEETS HE IS RETURNING TO THE NEW YORK JETS

Share on Fancred

BY ALAN SCHECHTER - JAN 18TH, 2014 AT 2:11 PM

PREVIOUS

Breaking news this afternoon, great news for the New York Jets, and their fan base.

Defensive line coach Karl Dunbar has tweeted out that he will be returning to his role with the Jets next season. Here is his quote:

Thx for all the support Twitter Family! I’m back in G&W and the SOA will be rolling! Don’t forget Rex is the Man!

The Jets fan base has been clamoring for Karl’s return, after the performance of the Jets’ defensive line in 2013. Sheldon Richardson emerged as a defensive rookie of the year candidate, Damon Harrison is a star in the middle, and Muhammad Wilkerson posted a double-digit sack total. The “Sons of Anarchy” have performed to a high level, and now it looks like their mentor is here to stay.

His contract was expiring, and Karl’s future was previously in doubt.

According to various reports, Anthony Lynn is being retained as running backs’ coach, and Dennis Thurman will be back as defensive coordinator as well.

It would appear that the newly extended Rex Ryan has his coaching staff coming into formation.

The media and fan based fired Sparano. Vlad never won a starting position, and was getting Sanchez KILLED! Tanny was just trying to get something, anything, out of his 2nd rd. pick so he put him in over Slauson . Couldn't even hold the position when they gift wrapped it for him.

I didn't fire Sparano. I've never even met him.

Thurmans coming back? Even after they tried to hire Haslett to replace him. If I'm Thurman, adios guys, you tried to stick up my a$$, see you, I'm headed to Buffalo to be with Mike, or Cleveland if he lands there.

So he should take a lower level job for less pay because of something one person said was rumored to might have happened?  Yeah, ok.  You go ahead and handle your own professional career like that and see how far it gets you.

That's not even to mention that you're even taking your own leap beyond what was reported, considering all that was mentioned that the Jets wanted to interview him, and you're simply making assumptions regarding not only the position they wanted to interview him for, but that they had already decided they wanted to hire him.

Thurmans coming back? Even after they tried to hire Haslett to replace him. If I'm Thurman, adios guys, you tried to stick up my a$$, see you, I'm headed to Buffalo to be with Mike, or Cleveland if he lands there.

Or he could stay with Rex because Rex wanted him in this position all along.  Together they just continue to work hard and make this a non-issue. 

So he should take a lower level job for less pay because of something one person said was rumored to might have happened?  Yeah, ok.  You go ahead and handle your own professional career like that and see how far it gets you.

That's not even to mention that you're even taking your own leap beyond what was reported, considering all that was mentioned that the Jets wanted to interview him, and you're simply making assumptions regarding not only the position they wanted to interview him for, but that they had already decided they wanted to hire him.

Boy, I dont know. That article TOm posted, from the Redskins beat writer seemed pretty assertive, that had not the Redskins organization blocked  Haslett from the Jets, that he would have been headed to Florham. Also, since Haslett has been as high as a head coach, and of course Defensive coordinator, that I doubt the Jets wanted him to fill the linebacker cach position for the scout team. No, if I'm Thurman, I got the message loud and clear, and it would be time to shuffle off to Buffalo or Cleveland if Mike ends up there.

As far as my own career, I want to work in a position (which thankfully I have) where they actually want me and value me, rather than having my employer constantly looking to hire someone to replace me. If that were the case, yes, I ould walk as I wouldnt work under those conditions.

So you're saying that the #9 pick overall shouldn't be a first year starter?

What I am saying is that QB and CB are 2 of the toughest spots to start as a rookie. It doesn't surprise me if rookies struggle at these positions. Sometimes a coach benches the rookies when their struggling so that their confidence isn't totally destroyed. I believe he did this for Geno and Dee. Vlad absolutely sucked as did Sparano as an OC

I originally was responding to Slats saying "Idzik continues to undermine Rex"  and that I believe Idzik is making Rex make some changes to his staff because Rex has a tough time telling "His People" that  they're fired.  That's it.... just an opinion. You disagree? Fine.

So, by saying all this what did you conclude...that he was supposed to fire Thurman? 

No. I was responding to Slats stating that Idzik seems to be undermining Rex because the Assistants have been left hanging in the wind. I believe Idzik is not enamored with some of Rex's assistants (especially after seeing good coaching in Seattle) Idzik wants Rex to succeed and he wants Rex getting better coaches to help with this. But Rex is so loyal, I believe Idzik is trying to get them to leave on their own accord and their own terms

Karl Dunbar is the only defensive  assistant that I was really afraid of losing.  This is great news.

Agreed.  I was hoping they would find an upgrade over Thurman.  I think they do need to shake things up with the other assistant positions.  This team needs some fresh air.

Archived