Mike Pettine

TuscanyTile2

I didn't realize he was the Browns HC.  The first "Rex Coaching Tree" guy.  I never really thought of him as our DC when he was here since I'm guessing Rex was doing the "heavy lifting".  I think Buffalo had a good D last year though so it gives some credence to Pettine's abilities.  What are other people's thoughts on this?  Is Pettine going to succeed in Cleveland?  Having 2 #1 picks certainly helps.  Plus they've got a great WR and TE in Gordon and Cameron.  Since this is supposedly a great QB draft, they really have a chance to put something in place there. 

Technically, far from a tree, but your meaning was well placed. By the way 2-4D doesn't work very well on this weed. Better off using Round-up and replanting.

Yeah well technically Rex has no tree so lets start small. I was originally going with lichen but who the hell knows what that is.
BTW, do you think that hose bag in your sig pic knew she was pushing that thing with 2 flat tires?
  • rep_up.png
  •  
  • rep_down.png
  •  
0703-snooki-pcn-3.jpg

Pettine left cause in Rex's 1st two years we went to afc champ game w/rex calling plays. In next two years Rex let Pettine call plays and in BOTH cases Rex grabbed playcalling back from Pettine after defensive issues. Jets improved both times Rex grabbed playcalling back. Rex told Pettine he could still be DC but Rex would call plays and Pettine walked. pettine was hurt/pissed and part of that is why he was 'rumored' to be Manishs source.

Yeah well technically Rex has no tree so lets start small. I was originally going with lichen but who the hell knows what that is.

BTW, do you think that hose bag in your sig pic knew she was pushing that thing with 2 flat tires?

• rep_up.png
  • rep_down.png
0703-snooki-pcn-3.jpg

No shot, she's as clueless as our coach, and just as ugly.

I didn't realize he was the Browns HC.  The first "Rex Coaching Tree" guy.  I never really thought of him as our DC when he was here since I'm guessing Rex was doing the "heavy lifting".  I think Buffalo had a good D last year though so it gives some credence to Pettine's abilities.  What are other people's thoughts on this?  Is Pettine going to succeed in Cleveland?  Having 2 #1 picks certainly helps.  Plus they've got a great WR and TE in Gordon and Cameron.  Since this is supposedly a great QB draft, they really have a chance to put something in place there. 

would it not be his fathers tree?

I'm not sure anyone will be successful in Cleveland. The organization doesn't seem stable.

Will certainly be interesting to see what Pettine does with a Talented group on Defense. They also have some explosive players on Offense and a good O-Line now if they can find a good QB or Draft one in the up coming draft they may very well surprise a lot of people as will Pettine who I think will make a damn good head coach

Is it really a tree if there is only a single branch?

Being realistic about it, Rex is more a branch on the Marvin Lewis coaching tree - as are many of the defensive guys that have parlayed coaching Ray Lewis and Ed Reed amongst others into career upgrades. 

Pettine is more of a leaf on Rex's branch... that has been pooped on by a Bluejay... that has been eating berries.

Will certainly be interesting to see what Pettine does with a Talented group on Defense. They also have some explosive players on Offense and a good O-Line now if they can find a good QB or Draft one in the up coming draft they may very well surprise a lot of people as will Pettine who I think will make a damn good head coach

Pettine's willingness to usurp his employer through the press will catch up with him. Good coach or not... IMO

was that proven I28 ? if so I guess it didn't hurt much to this point since he got a HC gig right ?

Proven? No, it's not the type of thing you'll ever seen exposed fully - but the writing was on the wall.

Did it hurt? Hard to say - but it helped him get shown the door from the Jets - only to find himself taking the same job with a lesser franchise in Buffalo. I wouldn't over-value him getting the HC gig in Cleveland, they could barely give that gig away.

If Cleveland gets Manziel, and one more weapon, which they might considering they have 2 first rounders, they will unseat Baltimore or Cincinnati for a Playoff spot (probably a wild card). Book it.

My early bet for the SB however is all over INDIANAPOLIS.

Pettine left cause in Rex's 1st two years we went to afc champ game w/rex calling plays. In next two years Rex let Pettine call plays and in BOTH cases Rex grabbed playcalling back from Pettine after defensive issues. Jets improved both times Rex grabbed playcalling back. Rex told Pettine he could still be DC but Rex would call plays and Pettine walked. pettine was hurt/pissed and part of that is why he was 'rumored' to be Manishs source.

This. TBH Petine will probably be better at the overall part of HC duties, but will never come close what Rex brings as a D play caller.

His success will depend on Shanny his qb and STC, probably draft a qb this year. 

Not sure about Shanny Jr. haven't seen enough of him but they will probably try to get

a mobile qb and be like washington.

He's got a shot with all those picks and some cap.

I agree Iam almost done with Low Crossers and I a totally new found respect for Coach Pettine. And while I am a Rex guy I think their would be more accountability by the staff and the players if Pettine were the coach. I think he will make a great HC Coach.

I agree with you...assuming their ownership doesn't get in the way.

Archived