The Curse of the Black Pearl - Mafia - game over

Leelou

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a good enough point -- more so the cop than anything else.  Bigger than the using a viewing issue would be the risk that scum have a watcher.

That said, I considered his "I'll be a good boy" post to mean I'll shoot whoever you want me to.  If that was the case, we could use it as we have in the past with the shots question.

I don't really buy a Vig with unlimited shots in a small game like this, though -- so I do lean SK.

He'll shoot whoever we want, because we're as uninformed as he is whether he's Vig or SK. The only way to inform his shots, is to have the cop reveal. Which is retarded. At the point the cop reveals, we're just better off lynching any guilty viewings... and minimizing risk of killing power roles with daykills.

so... no thoughts on verb's claim, the way he played before the reveal, the logic of keeping him around? 

I kind of rely on you to vet my thinking... when you are town. 

Also, your game can be summed up as...  half-hearted "I'll get into it later" participation, to full out assault on Nolder, chest thumping, failed attempts at jokes.

So yeah, pretty solid stuff. 

look at the post above yours dummy.

klacko should shift his obsession to you.

He'll shoot whoever we want, because we're as uninformed as he is whether he's Vig or SK. The only way to inform his shots, is to have the cop reveal. Which is retarded. At the point the cop reveals, we're just better off lynching any guilty viewings... and minimizing risk of killing power roles with daykills.

No, I agree.  Leaving him alive is honestly kind of stupid.  unvote vote Verb

Losing a vig isn't a killer to town -- putting too much risk on losing big power roles by keeping him around.

My "angle" is that he's not scum...  but there's a remote possibility he's a SK..  Where's the end game for admitting to killing someone as scum?  I can't wrap my head around that being a viable strategy.

On the other hand, if we see multiple kills there's a slim chance he's a sk trying to make the play of the century.  Even that is stupid..  and he doesn't have the balls to try and pull that off.. or brains.

Getting forced to reveal on D1 doesn't leave him with a lot of options. I don't see it as "trying to make the play of the century", we've seek SK reveal as Vig plenty of times. 

You come across as trying to keep him alive. You are usually more than happy to take someone out if there's even a remote chance they are non-town... and yet, your play mirrors your case on Nolder and you make excuses for keeping Verbal alive.

Re: Verbal

I don't get the logic of "we can use him". 

By keeping him alive, we force the cop to eventually have to use a viewing on him... and as long as he is taking uninformed shots, he stands to cost us as many as 2 townies per day (based purely on the odds of the game). He also stands to take out power roles, before they can actually help us corral scum.

I dunno... I don't see the logic in keeping him around. Anyone have an angle that I'm not considering?

I agree. The only thing I could see is voting no lynch every day if that's an option and then having Verbal shoot who we choose.

I don't like that though because he could still turn on us anytime. I'd rather just lynch Verbal and then lynch like normal at that point since the former is just risky for the sake of keeping Verbal alive.

I bring the funny you maggot.  You try and portray yourself as the thinking mans comedian and usually fall flat on your face.

Yes, thinking mans comedian = propensity for self-deprecating humor and love of bad jokes/puns. Definitely.

You self-high-five in real life, don't you? I bet you do.

Getting forced to reveal on D1 doesn't leave him with a lot of options. I don't see it as "trying to make the play of the century", we've seek SK reveal as Vig plenty of times. 

You come across as trying to keep him alive. You are usually more than happy to take someone out if there's even a remote chance they are non-town... and yet, your play mirrors your case on Nolder and you make excuses for keeping Verbal alive.

I'll give you this..  just went back and re-read and didn't realize he revealed at L2..  I thought he did it earlier in his voting.

That does change things quite a bit.  Still thinking about this.

Also -- LOL at Pac's notion that there's only a "slim" chance Verb is an SK.

The buddy-buddy post of how Ape, myself, and someone else (I don't remember who off the top of my head) were striking him as big time town stunk like trying to look super pro-town.

My point was to use him as SK, but there's too many hole's in that plan.

I'll give you this..  just went back and re-read and didn't realize he revealed at L2..  I thought he did it earlier in his voting.

That does change things quite a bit.  Still thinking about this.

You are playing like sh*t - or like you were trying to keep him alive, and now you are doing damage control on sticking your turkey neck out for him.

Also -- LOL at Pac's notion that there's only a "slim" chance Verb is an SK.

The buddy-buddy post of how Ape, myself, and someone else (I don't remember who off the top of my head) were striking him as big time town stunk like trying to look super pro-town.

My point was to use him as SK, but there's too many hole's in that plan.

Relax, Billy Barty.  I've acknowledged there are flaws with my earlier train of thought.  In my haste to catch up I read quickly and had him revealing with half the required votes to lynch.  I agree that reveal at L2 smells like sh*t.

yeah... right then.

after further thought I'm going to do a complete 180 on Verb.  Even if he is telling the truth he's just about the dumbest fukin Vig I've ever seen.  We don't need that brand of idiocy trying to pollute another one of my masterpieces.

Unvote

Vote Verb

You're starting to ping.

Last game you were non-town, you had nothing to say about me - until I prodded you and called your agenda what it was - and then I was "pinging" you then too.

Self-preservation. Damage control. OMGUS.

Call it whatever you want, but this is what you look like when you aren't town - and this is when I usually can't get people to lynch you, as I said in the post-game from the last game. 

Last game you were non-town, you had nothing to say about me - until I prodded you and called your agenda what it was - and then I was "pinging" you then too.

Self-preservation. Damage control. OMGUS.

Call it whatever you want, but this is what you look like when you aren't town - and this is when I usually can't get people to lynch you, as I said in the post-game from the last game. 

Oh brother..  I'm better than you at this game.  If you think I'd kick the door in and break dance like I did to protect a scummate then I'll be happy to engage you in a debate tomorrow on it.  In fact I'd like to thank you for your idiotic accusations.

If you're scum you won't just want to shoot me now when you think you can get me lynched..  and if you're town you're giving scum a reason to look elsewhere. 

Basically you're being my bitch.  Like always.

Oh brother..  I'm better than you at this game.  If you think I'd kick the door in and break dance like I did to protect a scummate then I'll be happy to engage you in a debate tomorrow on it.  In fact I'd like to thank you for your idiotic accusations.

If you're scum you won't just want to shoot me now when you think you can get me lynched..  and if you're town you're giving scum a reason to look elsewhere. 

Basically you're being my bitch.  Like always.

You were non-town last game, and you played about as obviously non-town as it gets. You had no business winning, it's more an indictment of the people left after I got screwed out of the game - than a testament to your "skill". I had you dead to rights... I got beat by the mod, nobody else.

Anyway, I've made note of your "I meant to do that" over-explanation. I'll file it under "Pac seriously thinks he's the only one that knows what is going on".

You were non-town last game, and you played about as obviously non-town as it gets. You had no business winning, it's more an indictment of the people left after I got screwed out of the game - than a testament to your "skill". I had you dead to rights... I got beat by the mod, nobody else.

Anyway, I've made note of your "I meant to do that" over-explanation. I'll file it under "Pac seriously thinks he's the only one that knows what is going on".

Someone needs to go re-read the last game.  You had me "dead to rights" yet came after me with floppy wrists and gave up after minimal effort to get me lynched.  You were no more sure about me than the other dozen players you called out at one point or another.

Your revisionist history is repulsive.

But as far as this game goes keep insisting I'm not town...  Perhaps being wrong yet again is the type of discipline you need.  Unless your scum just trying to drum up bitterness towards me from last game..  in which case I kind of respect your efforts.

I'm not crazy about the idea of killing off the vig just yet because he MIGHT be an SK. I'd like to see more from him first. 

I've been watching the interplay between Ape and Pac, and I think one of them is scum. 

Vote Pac

Why Pac over Ape? Gut instinct.

Someone needs to go re-read the last game.  You had me "dead to rights" yet came after me with floppy wrists and gave up after minimal effort to get me lynched.  You were no more sure about me than the other dozen players you called out at one point or another.

But as far as this game goes keep insisting I'm not town...  Perhaps being wrong yet again is the type of discipline you need.  Unless your scum just trying to drum up bitterness towards me from last game..  in which case I kind of respect your efforts.

What I post in a game thread is irrelevant - especially when I'm playing cop in a game with no doc and I need to make myself look like a calamity to stay alive until I've viewed everyone I wanted. I viewed Ishy, and you and Lily were my next 2 suspects.  I PM'ed it to Nolder.

Also, I'm calling out your logic patterns and your behaviors as I see them. I don't find them to be very pro-town - there's a difference between that and "insisting your not town". I also called them out as stupid, which is 100% accurate - and implies nothing about your alignment.

As is always the case, I'm arguing with your logic - and considering all of the possible agendas or purposes your statements may have. Town or not. Not just how it resonates in face value, but also whatever kind of misdirection you may be trying to play. 

It should be embarrassing for you that I have to explain this.

So, you all are buying the irresponsible daykill on JIF "for the lulz" and as a means of "getting a read on Crusher" ---- logic plucked by Verb straight from one of my lame-brained "trap" posts?

Thoughtlessly taking the shot, then jumping on the easiest D1 lynch in the game is 3rd party behavior. IMO, nothing about what Verb has done resonates as scum hunting - and you'd think with the responsibility of being a "vig" he'd be putting in work to take an informed shot. Hell, last game he did some extensive bluffing and put out lots of bait, and he was vanilla.

Who cares, he can be vetted and as long as he continues to shoot anti town agents (ape next please verb), he is helping

Good lord Ape and Pac are still  terrible at this game

Why lynch the 1 guy who has painted himself into a corner, who we all can agree is most likely not scum...,

whether he is town or Sk he will help us thin out the herd and has agreed to let us call our shot, it's like an extra lynch!. 

At some point scum is likely going to want to take him out as he posses a threat to them either way, and if they do, great, if they don't we can lynch later and will have no problem getting the votes 

I vote he shoots Ape or Pac and we lynch Ishy who seems to be mia

btw.. I am in an offsite meeting today till 2pm and will have extremel limited access. I leave at about 10am and won't be voting for verbal. I will put my vote on the biggest train before I leave

No, I agree.  Leaving him alive is honestly kind of stupid.  unvote vote Verb

Losing a vig isn't a killer to town -- putting too much risk on losing big power roles by keeping him around.

The key to this game is figuring out who everyone is, why kill the 1 who we know his role leaving us with zip tomorrow.

If someone wants to make a logical case that Verbal is scum, that's a different story.. Lynching him day 1 cause he might be the SK (who also has promised to let town call his shot) is not smart.

I'm not crazy about the idea of killing off the vig just yet because he MIGHT be an SK. I'd like to see more from him first. 

I've been watching the interplay between Ape and Pac, and I think one of them is scum. 

Vote Pac

Why Pac over Ape? Gut instinct.

I'm sure this has nothing to do with me calling out your airhead post from last night...  nothing at all.

Good lord Ape and Pac are still  terrible at this game

Why lynch the 1 guy who has painted himself into a corner, who we all can agree is most likely not scum...,

whether he is town or Sk he will help us thin out the herd and has agreed to let us call our shot, it's like an extra lynch!. 

At some point scum is likely going to want to take him out as he posses a threat to them either way, and if they do, great, if they don't we can lynch later and will have no problem getting the votes 

I vote he shoots Ape or Pac and we lynch Ishy who seems to be mia

btw.. I am in an offsite meeting today till 2pm and will have extremel limited access. I leave at about 10am and won't be voting for verbal. I will put my vote on the biggest train before I leave

I already said.

Even if Verbal agrees to shoot who we ask him to shoot, we still don't know who is who amongst the targets - and with us "aiming" Verbal it becomes subject to scum influencing who we target with his shot. This is a small game, in a larger game (20+ people) I'd be more inclined to agree with you - because there would be more vanilla players, less risk of screwing ourselves by doubling down on day deaths. This is a smaller game, I just think it's a case of kill what is most likely a non-town player, and rely on our lynches to do our work.

Lynching 1 person per day extends the game (because people die slower), which means the cop will get more views too. 

Slow and steady wins the race, imo. 

Your idiotic "shoot Pac or Ape next" direction is noted, and irresponsible along the lines that I'm getting at.

Archived