Combine measurements for "Big 3" QB's

Jetsfan80

Big hands certainly don't automatically = success.  But small hands certainly CAN lead to disastrous results.  Can you find some small hands QB's that have done well?  If so I will retract my argument.

Aaron Rogers: 9 3/8

Matt Ryan: 9 1/2

Kaepernick: 9 1/8

Bradford: 9 1/2

Locker: 9 5/8

Ryan Tannehill: 9

RGIII: 9 1/2

Newton: 9 7/8

Flacco: 9 5/8

now shut your whore mouth.

When, exactly, did Ryan Tannehill "do well?"

Oh yeah, let's get into an argument about whether or not Ryan Tannehill should be considered an established NFL quarterback. Let's do it!!!!

you first. 

He sucks, turns the ball over way too much, he regressed from his rookie year to his second season, and his team underacheived under his "leadership." Plus, based on what we saw on Hard Knocks he may be the dumbest QB in the NFL right now. Dude is essentially a functional retard. 

He sucks, turns the ball over way too much, he regressed from his rookie year to his second season, and his team underacheived under his "leadership." Plus, based on what we saw on Hard Knocks he may be the dumbest QB in the NFL right now. Dude is essentially a functional retard.

Wunderlic?

I think it's weird his hands are only 9 inches and he's 6'4. 

What's next, they gonna start measuring cock size at the combine?

hmmm.. I don't know if he is worth the 4th overall pick, he only has a 8.5675" cock.......

It's good to get that info out there so the players don't feel the need to send d*** pics.

"GIrl, I'm huge.  Just check my combine numbers."

Jim Druckenmiller: 11 1/4

Heath Shuler: 10 5/8

Mark Sanchez: 10 1/2

Jim Drunken Miller!  I saw him play in the XFL!  

1st...you're a nerd

2ndly....

"Interesting point on an interview I just heard on sirius radio with Former QB/CBS analysis Phil Simms in regards to QB hand size measurments 

He said when they release the measurements of the QB's hand its based on the measurement from pinky to thumb, when what really matters (and what they should measure) is the measurement of your hand your wrist to the top of your middle finger...Said it should be based on how long your hand is not how wide."

Chicks dig the girth.

No.  But anyone who thinks Manziel is a Brees or Wilson in waiting is a moron.  Wilson and Brees have the ability to pick apart a defense from the pocket.  And Brees had to compensate for his lack of height by learning to crane his neck and seek out passing lanes.  Teams that are able to take away his top option or get in the way of those passing lanes expose him.  Just look what the Jets did to him this season.  If even Brees has trouble with his height at times, it'll be even worse for Manziel.

Manziel relied on throws that he'll never be able to make in the pro game, with Mike Evans making circus catches that few receivers can.

Manziel wouldn't be worth a top 5 choice even if he was 6-3.  His height just adds the final nail to the coffin.

This is the biggest misconception of Manziel's game.  Anyone who thinks the only throws he can make are the scrambling toss ups to Evans, have only seen his highlights on ESPN or Youtube.  He can absolutely stand in the pocket, scan the field and deliver.  Its just when you're Oline is so terrible they cant give you a lick of time, you have to improvise.  Which clearly Manziel does like not too many players can.

If he was 6-3, he'd be first overall pick, hands down.  You moron.

This is the biggest misconception of Manziel's game. Anyone who thinks the only throws he can make are the scrambling toss ups to Evans, have only seen his highlights on ESPN or Youtube. He can absolutely stand in the pocket, scan the field and deliver. Its just when you're Oline is so terrible they cant give you a lick of time, you have to improvise. Which clearly Manziel does like not too many players can.

If he was 6-3, he'd be first overall pick, hands down. You moron.

You're an idiot. TAMU produces OL like UF produces AIDS patients.

You're an idiot. TAMU produces OL like UF produces AIDS patients.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/72479/aggies-offensive-line-shining-again

tl:dr TAMU has very solid offensive line

COLLEGE STATION, Texas — After losing a left tackle who was the No. 2 pick in the NFL draft and a center who was a two-year starter at the position and a four-year starter overall, it was easy to believe that there would be a drop-off in performance from the Texas A&M offensive line. 

Through six games, the No. 7 Aggies can safely say all is well up front. Even with two newcomers and some shuffling by moving returning starters around, the unit is again performing at a high level and is one of the reasons Texas A&M's offense continues to be one of the best in college football. 

While it's difficult to replicate what the Aggies had last season, when all five starters last season played multiple seasons together, it's easy to see how well this year's group is doing. All it takes is watching quarterback Johnny Manziel drop back and sit comfortably in the pocket for five, six and sometimes seven seconds looking for a receiver or deciding to use his scrambling ability to gain yardage. 

Jake Matthews is playing well at left tackle after playing right tackle in 2012.
And in the Aggies' victory over Arkansas on Sept. 28, the line paved the way for two second-half touchdown drives that consisted of all running plays. Texas A&M had more rushing yards than passing yards. 

"Offensive line has played really good, with the exception of one game," offensive coordinator Clarence McKinney said. "I think those young guys in one of those six games -- I think it was SMU -- had some struggles. But for the most part, they've played great." 

Against SMU, there were some penalties and self-inflicted errors that the Aggies needed to clean up. Their performance against No. 1 Alabama was strong and they've been consistent, for the most part, the rest of the year. 

The transition began back in spring, moving Jake Matthews from right tackle to left tackle to replace Luke Joeckel. To fill Matthews' void, right guard Cedric Ogbuehi kicked out to right tackle. Jake's younger brother Mike Matthews stepped in as the starter at center and redshirt freshman Germain Ifedi slid in at right guard. The only player still in the same position last season is left guard Jarvis Harrison. 

Behind that quintet, the Aggies are putting up 586.5 yards per game (No. 3 in the country) and have allowed only seven sacks, which puts them in the top 30 statistically in the country. They're 20th in rushing yards (224.6 yards per game) and sixth in passing yards (361.8 per game). 

"They're getting better every week," senior running back Ben Malena said. "It's hard to compare this year's group to last year's because they're only six games in, but I can tell you every week they are getting better." 

The biggest question marks coming into the season centered around the first-time starters. So far, they've answered the questions. 

"I'm really pleased with the young guys," offensive line coach B.J. Anderson said. "I think they've made some strides. They've played in some atmospheres where we had to communicate. Mike's done a really good job. I've changed protections on him a couple games. ... I'm really pleased with where he's at, and the same way with Germain. He's getting better every game and we're fixing some things that need to get fixed and we'll just keep working." 

Anderson noted that they're not holding anything back from Mike Matthews, who is just a sophomore, when it comes to game-planning and protections. That's critical considering the vast array of defensive looks Anderson said opponents have thrown at the Aggies. 

"If you had told me that I had that flexibility back in August, I'm not sure I would have believed you," Anderson said. "But he's got the kitchen sink right now. I'm not doing anything that I didn't do with Pat Lewis, who was a senior. He's able to make all the adjustments I need and I'm really pleased with the mental work he does during the week, preparation-wise." 

The "older guys" -- senior Jake Matthews and juniors Harrison and Ogbuehi -- have also shined. Matthews' adjustment to left tackle has been smooth, as has Ogbuehi's to right tackle. Harrison has impressed Anderson with his effort week to week. 

"Jake's Jake and Ced's doing a good job and Jarvis Harrison is playing his tail off -- as well as he's played since I've been here," Anderson said. "He's playing with great effort. It shows on tape and I'm happy with those older guys." 

Manziel's progression and mastery of the offense in the second season in the scheme has helped as well. Players say they notice Manziel has tried to stay in the pocket more often. 

"I feel more this year that he hasn't scrambled as much and he has been more patient," Ogbuehi said. "He looks to throw more, too. He's always looking to make a big play with his arm, and that's good." 

Perhaps the best aspect of this group is it has stayed healthy. The Aggies were fortunate to keep all five starters healthy last season, and that's been the case this year, too. It isn't a perfect group, but it is a smart, talented one that continues to improve every day. 

"This year, we're still trying to get there but so far we're getting there," Ogbuehi said. "It's exciting so far what we've done in the little time we've had together."

why can't Manziel make these throws in the pro game? 

people simply do not like Manziel due to his size so what that means is they will fabricate any crap they can to justify not taking him. Manziel happens to be very fast and he will scramble and elude rushers just like he did in College. He also looked very good IN TEH POCKET in college and its pretty evident if you watch film of his games. He will roll out a lot and he will have a limited amount of Designed runs that lead him out of bounds or into a slide no team is going to regularly put him in harms way with to many runs. What he brings is excitement and the ability to extend broken plays. If he gets with a team that can run the football and is not asked to sling it all over the field from day one he will be fine and I think he would make a great addition to a WCO .

IDK    Here's his 2013-14 highlights.  

I honestly don't see many plays where he sits in the pocket, steps up, and throws a nice ball up field.

What I do see is he has a decent arm on the run,  he is an excellent scrambler, he leaves the pocket way to soon when not under pressure, he throws off his back foot all the time.  Even when he is in the pocket.  He throws a lot of balls that will be picked off in the NFL.  I see a great WR  in Evans.

I don't think he is going to coach up well because of his attitude.  

I think Manziel will be there when the Jets pick, and dislike Smith, so I wish I could  give a bright opinion of Manziel.  IMO I don't think he is going to be a franchise QB in the NFL

IDK    Here's his 2013-14 highlights.  

I honestly don't see many plays where he sits in the pocket, steps up, and throws a nice ball up field.

What I do see is he has a decent arm on the run,  he is an excellent scrambler, he leaves the pocket way to soon when not under pressure, he throws off his back foot all the time.  Even when he is in the pocket.  He throws a lot of balls that will be picked off in the NFL.  I see a great WR  in Evans.

I don't think he is going to coach up well because of his attitude.  

I think Manziel will be there when the Jets pick, and dislike Smith, so I wish I could  give a bright opinion of Manziel.  IMO I don't think he is going to be a franchise QB in the NFL

So you post one game where he was harassed the entire game and say he does not stay in the pocket ? Wonder if it would have been a better choice to stay in the pocket and get hammered..... or run out of the pocket and win the game ? Not a tough decision. When he did set in the pocket he did not throw off his back foot. He also showed an excellent ability to throw on the run. His vision of the field is fantastic as well. In relation to Geno who sits in the pocket and still cant set to throw while stepping into the pass I would say hes a huge improvement in just about every aspect. Geno does not extend plays and create something out of nothing and he throws off his back foot so much Im not sure if its fixable since he does it with no pressure at all.

people simply do not like Manziel due to his size so what that means is they will fabricate any crap they can to justify not taking him. Manziel happens to be very fast and he will scramble and elude rushers just like he did in College. He also looked very good IN TEH POCKET in college and its pretty evident if you watch film of his games. He will roll out a lot and he will have a limited amount of Designed runs that lead him out of bounds or into a slide no team is going to regularly put him in harms way with to many runs. What he brings is excitement and the ability to extend broken plays. If he gets with a team that can run the football and is not asked to sling it all over the field from day one he will be fine and I think he would make a great addition to a WCO .

That shrimp is going to get killed in the NFL. He will should keep the Cleveland tradition of drafting crappy QB's going till their next big mistake.

You gush over him just like you used to for Sanchez.

That shrimp is going to get killed in the NFL. He will should keep the Cleveland tradition of drafting crappy QB's going till their next big mistake.

You gush over him just like you used to for Sanchez.

I never gushed over Sanchez at all not in the least though some of the more dramatic posters on this board will have you think I did. I did however think his growth as a QB was hurt by the talent and coaching around him. I NEVER said he would be great so don't misrepresent what My opinion of Sanchez was which I felt under the right conditions he could have been a GOOD QB. That's pretty much it in relation to Sanchez/

Manziel IMO brings not only an exciting skill set he also brings leadership and intensity something I do not think this franchise has seen since Joe Namath. Look at our  starting QB's over the years and maybe the only 2 who brought any type of intensity and leadership and talent (who were actually short lived) were Boomer and Vinny. Not good for our organization when the only 2 QB's that showed these traits were end of career players with a little left. Chad had the traits but he was too beat down and broken and didn't really have much talent to work with either .

So you post one game where he was harassed the entire game and say he does not stay in the pocket ? Wonder if it would have been a better choice to stay in the pocket and get hammered..... or run out of the pocket and win the game ? Not a tough decision. When he did set in the pocket he did not throw off his back foot. He also showed an excellent ability to throw on the run. His vision of the field is fantastic as well. In relation to Geno who sits in the pocket and still cant set to throw while stepping into the pass I would say hes a huge improvement in just about every aspect. Geno does not extend plays and create something out of nothing and he throws off his back foot so much Im not sure if its fixable since he does it with no pressure at all.

One game?  What are you talking about?

This is his highlights over 2 years against, to name a few, Old Miss, Rice, Arkansas, SMU, Bama, Auburn, UTEP, Miss ST and LSU

Archived