The New NFL Combine Thread. The other one dissolved

eboozer

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Top 5 for Watkins. Evans Top 10? Lee, Beckham, Cooks go very soon after in some combination/order? This group is so loaded who knows after that. A lot of these second tier guys could be sliding up.

Still think Landry will be a great mid round pick. But some guys will be leapfrogging him imo.  

Anything over 4.6 is where red flags go up. Under 4.6 you have to go by tape.

In the first round if he's not 240 like mike evans, 4.5 is not worth the pick. What we know about Idzik he's not gonna value this guy over the 4.3 guys. 

Drop a round? Just admitted that you ate sand for breakfast.

this is why they run at Indy. i thought this guy was running 100 meters in 10.7? cant use a time from 5 years ago. With all these other guys running 4.3 there's no need to use a 1 on Lee. not to say he's gonna be a bust just not worth the 18 pick. 

HALF homer?

Yea, it looks bad. But realistically, Beckham in the first and Landry in the early 3rd is just adding two very good players.  Mettenberger, to me, has everything you look for in a QB and with the ACL he could slide to the middle rounds, I think anyone who's calling for Grapaolo in the second should love Zach in the late 3rd or 4th. He's got late-first round size and arm-talent.

In the first round if he's not 240 like mike evans, 4.5 is not worth the pick. What we know about Idzik he's not gonna value this guy over the 4.3 guys. 

this is why they run at Indy. i thought this guy was running 100 meters in 10.7? cant use a time from 5 years ago. With all these other guys running 4.3 there's no need to use a 1 on Lee. not to say he's gonna be a bust just not worth the 18 pick. 

Keenan Allen disagrees

Err, he just ran a 4.44 and vert jumped 4 inches higher than Watkins. He's still right there in the top tier. 

btw I can't even believe this is a conversation. Idzik has made it a priority to bring in more SEC and local guys. Jets aren't gonna pick a 4.5 sec. USC WR in rd1. Its not a good fit. Idzik probably values him several rounds lower than other teams' boards.  Write this down if the Jets take a WR in 1 he will have elite size/speed. Whoever they pick in rd 1 will be that way until Idzik gets fired. 

Keenan Allen disagrees

No one is saying the draft is fair. Just trying to predict it. I had Keenan allen at 9 overall (to the JEts) in a mock draft in Jan 2013. Gotta learn from these mistakes. The draft is all about upside in rd 1. What is Lee's upside? It almost doesn't matter if he turns out to be good or not the question is what is his value? 

He just ran a 4.44. But even had he not you would of had to think to yourself that he display to be faster on tape. Either that or he doesn't have the work ethic to probably prepare for the combine or has game speed. But in no way can you watch him and estimate that he running with 4.5 speed. Also after show casting all that production from him to drop to the second round. Look at Matthews, guy ran a 4.4 and everyone know that's truly 4.5 speed on tape.

btw I can't even believe this is a conversation. Idzik has made it a priority to bring in more SEC and local guys. Jets aren't gonna pick a 4.5 sec. USC WR in rd1. Its not a good fit. Idzik probably values him several rounds lower than other teams' boards.  Write this down if the Jets take a WR in 1 he will have elite size/speed. Whoever they pick in rd 1 will be that way until Idzik gets fired. 

Wait, you're telling me if the Jets draft a WR with the 18th overall pick, he's going to be fast and have good size!?  Bold Prediction.

No one is saying the draft is fair. Just trying to predict it. I had Keenan allen at 9 overall (to the JEts) in a mock draft in Jan 2013. Gotta learn from these mistakes. The draft is all about upside in rd 1. What is Lee's upside? It almost doesn't matter if he turns out to be good or not the question is what is his value? 

I don't think it's ever been proven that 40 time translates into upside. Or vice versa. I don't know.

Archived