The New NFL Combine Thread. The other one dissolved

eboozer

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you think there's one credible scout working today that doesn't know how hard Manziel, Bridgewater, or Carr can throw a football? The only people who get worked up over where and when a QB decides to throw are the media and armchair scouts.

It's like you can't decide whether you're interested in the draft or you just want to play devil's advocate and be a cynical douche.

ewww, Lee 4.50 flat and Landry 4.65 unofficial. 

I think some of this may have to do with that they are running second. Have to think all the prior jumping takes a toll. Is this something recognized by teams, I wonder?

Bc Lee's explosion in his jumps were off the charts. Then again that small school white dude just 4.30'd it.  

Point being, the emerging assembled draft media, as it grows, is moving further away from what it's intended to do, which is to shed light on what actual front offices and scouts are doing. Instead, they've become, en masse, a self-important entity that thinks they have their own native credibility. I only care about what Mayock thinks in relation to how it compares with what NFL teams think. I could give a sh*t if he doesn't like Clowney's personality, or if he's sad that Bridgewater isn't throwing if that isn't reflective of what's really going on in the War Rooms.

Point being, the emerging assembled draft media, as it grows, is moving further away from what it's intended to do, which is to shed light on what actual front offices and scouts are doing. Instead, they've become, en masse, a self-important entity that thinks they have their own native credibility. I only care about what Mayock thinks in relation to how it compares with what NFL teams think. I could give a sh*t if he doesn't like Clowney's personality, or if he's sad that Bridgewater isn't throwing if that isn't reflective of what's really going on in the War Rooms.

#hardcore

As much as I would like a big receiver like Evans or Benjamin, I don't think there's a better fit to our/MM/s offense than Lee or Beckham.  Surprisingly, Lee ran a slow 40, which might help our boy fall to us. One of those two should be available at 18, hopefully.

Bingo.  All aboard the Beckham train.

As much as I would like a big receiver like Evans or Benjamin, I don't think there's a better fit to our/MM/s offense than Lee or Beckham. Surprisingly, Lee ran a slow 40, which might help our boy fall to us. One of those two should be available at 18, hopefully.

I agree. I'm interested to see if Idzik puts a premium on size at the WR spot, and if he gives any consideration at all to what Geno has had success with in the past. You'd imagine that you'd want to give Geno a big target, but then you realize he kicked ass at West Virginia with Smurfs, and in the NFL with Kerley

I agree. I'm interested to see if Idzik puts a premium on size at the WR spot, and if he gives any consideration at all to what Geno has had success with in the past. You'd imagine that you'd want to give Geno a big target, but then you realize he kicked ass at West Virginia with Smurfs, and in the NFL with Kerley

I hope to Gawd that our team's WR needs aren't modeled after Geno Smith's preferences.  

I'm glad Beckham has been blowing up the combine, it makes calling him the 3rd best WR a little less of a homeristic mancrush the last two years.  

I agree, it will be interesting to see how Idzik approaches things and who he targets.  As of now, I'd be happy with any of Watkins, Evans, Benjamin, Lee or Beckham at 18, hopefully all 5 don't go before 18.

Archived