The New NFL Combine Thread. The other one dissolved

eboozer

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My takeaways so far from the combine:

1) The TE's are not nearly as good as first advertised. Ebron looks like he will go in the 10-20 range. Thomas in the 20-30. Then the rest look like 2nd rounders and later.

2) The OL is very impressive.all around. There is top tier talent, and sleepers galore. You can get a starter in the 3rd round this year, and possibly even later as the deep WR crop may push some down or vice versa.

3) The WR's are scary good. All of them as good as advertised.

4) Clowney could fall out of the top 10 because 3 QB's, 3 OT's, Mack, and 3 WR's  could all go before him.

5) McCarron threw the ball well - but I still can't get past how he looked when pressured last year.

Those are only humble opinion on things so far. I probably missed a lot - but jmho.

My takeaways so far from the combine:

1) The TE's are not nearly as good as first advertised. Ebron looks like he will go in the 10-20 range. Thomas in the 20-30. Then the rest look like 2nd rounders and later.

2) The OL is very impressive.all around. There is top tier talent, and sleepers galore. You can get a starter in the 3rd round this year, and possibly even later as the deep WR crop may push some down or vice versa.

3) The WR's are scary good. All of them as good as advertised.

4) Clowney could fall out of the top 10 because of the 3 QB's, 3 OT's, Mack, and 3 WR's  could all go before him.

5) McCarron threw aweson - but I still can't get past how he looked when pressured last year.

Those are only humble opinion on things so far. I probably missed a lot - but jmho.

Good call outs on everything except maybe the Clowney part. Not sure about that one. 

Guys, I know Falcon is a big deal, but we're really burying the lede, which is that joewillie78 went to Cornell.

By the way, right now:

#3/4 in Wrestling in the country

#9/10 in Hockey in the country

#16 in lacrosse in the country

And Jeff Mathews will be a 5th round draft pick of your NY Jets.

Archived