The New NFL Combine Thread. The other one dissolved

eboozer

I don't think it's ever been proven that 40 time translates into upside. Or vice versa. I don't know.

Agreed. They showed a list of some of the top 10-20 WRs currently in the NFL and they were saying how not many of them were breaking 4.4s.  Having a sub 4.4 is great, but you need it to go along with other attributes. It's why someone like Beckham who has those giant 10" sticky hands, with the ability to get separation and run a proper route tree can be helped by a 4.3 flat, but then you have guys like Landry or Robinson who speed doesn't define their game, that a 4.5+ isn't going to kill them.  

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed. They showed a list of some of the top 10-20 WRs currently in the NFL and they were saying how not many of them were breaking 4.4s.  Having a sub 4.4 is great, but you need it to go along with other attributes. It's why someone like Beckham who has those giant 10" sticky hands, with the ability to get separation and run a proper route tree can be helped by a 4.3 flat, but then you have guys like Landry or Robinson who speed doesn't define their game, that a 4.5+ isn't going to kill them.  

That big white dude who ran the 4.3 you could tell already wasn't 4.3 football fast.

well that's good if it means we get him in  the the 3rd

hammy ?

Tweaked his calf and called it a day.  If this were a game, he wouldn't have missed a snap. Speed isn't what he's known for, but that time won't help him climb into the first.  You're looking at a 2nd round or early 3rd round pick who's going to do pretty much everything you want a receiver to do, besides consistently beat defenses deep. If I can't have Lee, I'm riding the Beckham/Landry bandwagon until we do something in free agency that makes me think otherwise. 

Did you see his face when he was at the 10 yard split? The most non-relaxed run I watched today.  Still, it's am impressive size-speed combo, but you know he's know in the same class as Watkins or Beckham. 

Missed it, but Im sure it wasn't pretty. Thx for the info.

Tweaked his calf and called it a day.  If this were a game, he wouldn't have missed a snap. Speed isn't what he's known for, but that time won't help him climb into the first.  You're looking at a 2nd round or early 3rd round pick who's going to do pretty much everything you want a receiver to do, besides consistently beat defenses deep. If I can't have Lee, I'm riding the Beckham/Landry bandwagon until we do something in free agency that makes me think otherwise. 

txs.  yeah I'd be perfectly fine with landry, even in the 2nd

I meant not in the same class*   Despite what falcon says, there are some guys who are just naturally smooth and gifted athletes like Beckham and Watkins and even though that kid ran a 4.3, he's just didn't seem on there level.  

Yeah, agreed. I do think if you practice enough you can improve your 40 to make it seem you're a better athlete than you really are. Someone will fall for it.

Seems like Carey's stock is dropping.

Yea, pretty surprising. I tell ya what and I'm putting off the homer hat for a bit, Jeremy Hill is going to make a team pretty happy in the third or fourth round.  He's got first-round talent, but he did not time well, as expected and has numerous off-the-field issues.  He's a better version of Stevan Ridley and provided he gets his head on straight, he'll be a player.  Doesn't fit what we need though and I'm definitely on the Seastrunk bandwagon.

Archived