Take Maclin off your wish list...

slowmoe57

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Other than Sanchez being extended, this is the next biggest reason Tannenbum needed to be sh!tcanned. He brought in no offensive talent in all the time he was here. His philosophy was to only bring in defense, and it is very hard to get good offensive players from other teams without really overpaying. Hopefully Idzik understands this.

So far, all these FA's look at possible landing points, one being the JETS, and catching the ball from Smith, and RUN as fast as they can to their old team. Cooper and Maclinn want to catch the ball from the HIGHEST rated QB, not the LOWEST.

Pssst. The Colts have cap room and are in the market for a receiver.

So you're saying Maclin is making career decisions based on what he assumes Eric Decker is going to do, or the Colts. Got it.

No, the COLTS are making decisions based on the fact that they have the BEST young QB in the league. A QB that has taken a 1-15 team to 2 consecutive years of playoffs, has already engineered the 2nd greatest comeback in NFL playoff history, so they are picking an choosing who to team up with LUCK. They obviously know that with the best weapons available, that this is a team on the cusp of winning a championship, so they will only sign the TOP of the TOP, and for receivers this year, its DECKER.

The Colts want no part of second tier guys like Maclin, they want the best.

Maclins decision to go back to Philly, was based on the teams that WOULD show interest, one being the JETS, and he ran back to Nick Foles knowing that.

By the way, INDY is my SB pick for 2015, and if CLEVELAND lands Manziel, and another weapon to pair with Gordon, then they are my longshot choice.

No, the COLTS are making decisions based on the fact that they have the BEST young QB in the league. A QB that has taken a 1-15 team to 2 consecutive years of playoffs, has already engineered the 2nd greatest comeback in NFL playoff history, so they are picking an choosing who to team up with LUCK. They obviously know that with the best weapons available, that this is a team on the cusp of winning a championship, so they will only sign the TOP of the TOP, and for receivers this year, its DECKER.

Maclins decision to go back to Philly, was based on the teams that WOULD show interest, one being the JETS, and he ran back to Nick Foles knowing that.

By the way, INDY is my SB pick for 2015, and if CLEVELAND lands Manziel, and another weapon to pair with Gordon, then they are my longshot choice.

Agreed. One year for 5.5,is not a big compromise to make while catching passes from one of the game's best young QBs, as you try to establish your career value. You don't get the numbers here. Period

I just asked if Maclin was making decisions based on what he assumed the Colts would do and you start your response with two ******* paragraphs about the Colts. Are you ******* kidding me?

I have no idea why Maclin signed a one-year prove it deal with a team that is

A) Aspires to be a running team (their defense doesn't always play along)

and

B ) Has two receivers ahead of him in the pecking order as of today.

But if you're saying it's because he's afraid of playing with Geno Smith, well that is you in a nutshell and I should stop typi

I just asked if Maclin was making decisions based on what he assumed the Colts would do and you start your response with two ******* paragraphs about the Colts. Are you ******* kidding me?

I have no idea why Maclin signed a one-year prove it deal with a team that is

A) Aspires to be a running team (their defense doesn't always play along)

and

B ) Has two receivers ahead of him in the pecking order as of today.

But if you're saying it's because he's afraid of playing with Geno Smith, well that is you in a nutshell and I should stop typi

If I'm a receiver on 1 year PROVE IT, the last place I want to go is to a team that is pitiful on offense and has the lowest rated QB in the NFL.

If I'm a receiver on 1 year PROVE IT, the last place I want to go is to a team that is pitiful on offense and has the lowest rated QB in the NFL.

Do you really think the Jets are the only team looking for receiving help?

And most importantly... were the Jets giving him a one year deal? You know that?

Its a great argument, isn't it?

Jeremy Maclin: I'm going to sign a one-year deal and not test free agency at all. Not even going to weigh my options.

Agent: You sure?

Jeremy Maclin: Yeah, I really don't want to play with Geno Smith, to be honest.

Agent: Yeah, but the buzz is that the Broncos are also interested.

Jeremy Maclin: No. No Geno Smith.

Agent: What about the Colts? You'd be a cheaper option for them, possibly, especially if the market for Decker heats up. Not even going to see?

Jeremy Maclin: Are you ******* deaf?? I SAID, I don't want to play with Geno Smith!

Agent: There are plenty of teams looking for receiving hel-

Jeremy Maclin: Mother****er, you're not listening.

Maclin grabs agent by lapels and shakes him.

Jeremy Maclin: You're not listening to me!!

Agent: Okay, okay. You got it, buddy. You want to play for the Eagles.

Jeremy Maclin: Man, I don't even LIKE the f'cking Eagles. I just, under no circumstances want to play with Geno Smith.

Maclin swaggers out. Agent picks up phone.

End of play

Jeremy Maclin: I'm going to sign a one-year deal and not test free agency at all. Not even going to weigh my options.

Agent: What about the Colts? You'd be a cheaper option for them, possibly, especially if the market for Decker heats up. Not even going to see?

Jeremy Maclin: Did you not hear me?? I SAID, I don't want to play with Geno Smith!

Agent: Understandable. You got it, buddy.

End of play

He needs to fire his agent.

What a fool

Actually he's quite smart. Sign with the Jets and you have the prospect of Eugene throwing to you. He's looking at career lows with a mediocre QB throwing to him. His stats this upcoming year will determine his future contract.  Stays where he is, and has Folkes throwing to him who had a remarkable year and is only going to get better. NO BRAINER.

Actually he's quite smart. Sign with the Jets and you have the prospect of Eugene throwing to you. He's looking at career lows with a mediocre QB throwing to him. His stats this upcoming year will determine his future contract.  Stays where he is, and has Folkes throwing to him who had a remarkable year and is only going to get better. NO BRAINER.

So simple Ozzie, isn't it?

Jeremy Maclin: Are you ******* deaf?? I SAID, I don't want to play with Geno Smith!

Agent: There are plenty of teams looking for receiving hel-

Jeremy Maclin: Mother****er, you're not listening.

Maclin grabs agent by lapels and shakes him.

Jeremy Maclin: You're not listening to me!!

Agent: Okay, okay. You got it, buddy. You want to play for the Eagles.

Jeremy Maclin: Man, I don't even LIKE the f'cking Eagles. I just, under no circumstances want to play with Geno Smith.

Maclin swaggers out. Agent picks up phone.

End of play

And the TONY AWARD GOES TO

That's actually a fairly short-sighted viewpoint.  If Maclin wanted to put up the biggest numbers, he'd be more apt to do it here or somewhere else where he'd be a focal point.

Geno threw the ball more times per game than Foles.

Maclin would have to fight for targets w/Jackson, Ertz, Cooper, McCoy and Celek. 

Maclin would be the clear-cut  #1 receiver here and garner most of the targets. 

Despite your obvious distaste for Geno, you can't deny that he threw for over 3,000 yards in his rookie year and Maclin is now going to a team that has three other very good receivers and a QB who only threw for 2800 yards, albeit in 13 games.

Archived