Rex has learned and grown

Jetfanincanada

Watching Rex develop Smith this year was a thing of beauty.

I think he handled Sanchez poorly in that he let him be an immature pimp with no consequences ever, but he had clearly learned and grown.

We will now reap the rewards of a real QB in Smith. The last four games showed so much promise and I can't wait to see Geno break out this year thanks to Rex Ryan. Now let's get him a weapon or two in the draft/free agency/trade and profit!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he handled Sanchez poorly in that he let him be an immature pimp with no consequences ever, but he had clearly learned and grown.

We will now reap the rewards of a real QB in Smith. The last four games showed so much promise and I can't wait to see Geno break out this year thanks to Rex Ryan. Now let's get him a weapon or two in the draft/free agency/trade and profit!

Preach brother! Preach!!

Agreed.  He's growing as  Head Coach.

We're not the only ones who agree:

Agreed.  He's growing as  Head Coach.

We're not the only ones who agree:

This is not a snide question but serious.

He has been here 5 years, how long until he has completely grown into a head coach?

Just curious, because it seems guys like the Harbaughs, Ariens etc, had grown into their respective jobs in 2 years or less?

I would agree but sanchez had scotty. genos ups are because of david lee & and mm. His downs are inexperience & lack of talent in the receiving core.

Rex is the key to our success as a leader and teacher but geno benefited from his oc & position coach.

He has been here 5 years, how long until he has completely grown into a head coach?

Just curious, because it seems guys like the Harbaughs, Ariens etc, had grown into their respective jobs in 2 years or less?

The harbaughs are the only 1s with more success then rex and had more to work with.

And the 49ers coach is a offense guy

If I were your wife, I'd be very worried.

Close, Rex was 9-7 first year and backed into the playoffs with a USC QB. Very close to what Ariens did in Arizona. Its a push.

Rex wouldn't've backed in with Carson Palmer, he probably would've won the Super Bowl.

Rex wouldn't've backed in with Carson Palmer, he probably would've won the Super Bowl.

Possibly. I have to admit that of all the USC bums to play QB for that school, that Palmer is probably the only serviceable one, barely, but serviceable. The rest is conjecture on your part.

Mark Sanchez plus the half dozen things you and everybody else insisted at the time were holding us back more than he was.

Who are you again? Or should I say, were you?

I'm not gonna bother going back and checking, but I doubt I had a list of six things that were holding the Jets back more than their rookie QB. I doubt anyone did.

Nonsense. It takes a coach like nine years to figure it out. You guys need to show patience.

Archived