Jets to try and keep Geno under 20 passes per game

Gastineau Lives

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pro Football Focus @PFF Follow

Longest Time to Attempt: Foles 2.88 seconds, Russell Wilson 2.82, Glennon 2.81, Geno Smith 2.79, Schaub 2.75, Newton 2.73

Pro Football Focus @PFF
Follow
Highest % of passes thrown in 2.6 seconds or more: Foles 61.2%, Newton 59.7%, Geno Smith 59.3%, Russell Wilson 58.4%, Glennon 57.5%

If Geno can clean this stat up, or, the Jets OL provides better protection, or we can get WR's who can get separation, Geno can improve substantially!!

If true, this pretty much would say everything you need to know about the Jets' confidence in Geno.  He'll be riding pine by mid-season if they don't trust him to throw more than 20 times a game.  Having said that, I think this is highly likely to be just another internet turd.

If true, this pretty much would say everything you need to know about the Jets' confidence in Geno. He'll be riding pine by mid-season if they don't trust him to throw more than 20 times a game. Having said that, I think this is highly likely to be just another internet turd.

It really says more about Rex's level of comprehension regarding the development of QBs which, as we know, is pathetic.

If true, this pretty much would say everything you need to know about the Jets' confidence in Geno.  He'll be riding pine by mid-season if they don't trust him to throw more than 20 times a game.  Having said that, I think this is highly likely to be just another internet turd.

The post conveys two conflicting ideologies.  First, by announcing this, it means they've already conceded that Geno will be the starter come week 1, which says they either somewhat believe in Geno or have no confidence in any draftable rookie or signable veteran. On the other hand, by saying they want to keep his attempts under 20 times per game, it would make you believe they have no faith in him. If this were true, why then plan on him being the opening day starter?  Regardless, no one throws the ball <20 times per game, even Wilson threw it 25 times per and they never wanted him to throw the ball.

It really says more about Rex's level of comprehension regarding the development of QBs which, as we know, is pathetic.

Or it's a completely fabricated quote.  Rex let Geno as a rookie throw the ball 27+ times per game, there's no way he would stifle MM to the point of neutering the passing game.  I know you dislike Rex and enjoy the thought of this, but it's pretty far from reality.  

Or it's a completely fabricated quote. Rex let Geno as a rookie throw the ball 27+ times per game, there's no way he would stifle MM to the point of neutering the passing game. I know you dislike Rex and enjoy the thought of this, but it's pretty far from reality.

I'm sure Pauline has spent plenty of time this offseason around Rex at the Senior Bowl and assorted workouts. Plus, it's fairly consistent with Rex's overall philosophy.

"HEAD COACH".  It's his job.  GFY and thanks for playing.

So let me get this straight, did Pete Carroll develop Russel Wilson? No, he is a defensive minded HC and leaves the offense to the offensive guys. Same with every other HC who is either offensive or defensive minded, they stick to their side of the ball, and Rex has done a masterful job developing his side of the ball. Expecting any HC to be a master on both sides of the ball is silly. And the GFY was unnecessary, you could have disagreed without telling me to F myself, no?

So let me get this straight, did Pete Carroll develop Russel Wilson? No, he is a defensive minded HC and leaves the offense to the offensive guys. Same with every other HC who is either offensive or defensive minded, they stick to their side of the ball, and Rex has done a masterful job developing his side of the ball. Expecting any HC to be a master on both sides of the ball is silly. And the GFY was unnecessary, you could have disagreed without telling me to F myself, no?

When you end a statement with a strong dose of snark ie "thanks for playing", you're generally not going to encourage the best qualities of your the chap you're debating, or those in agreement with his point of view.

I got a bridge to sell most of you.

I don't think anyone is taking that number literally but more as an indication of the overall philosophy. I think most of us are tired of having to play hide-the-quarterback and don't think it incredibly far-fetched to believe that we're going to continue doing it.

I think many of us also remember the wins against New Orleans and Atlanta in which he threw 19 and 20 passes in those games. So no, not that much of a stretch.

Archived