Jets to try and keep Geno under 20 passes per game

Gastineau Lives

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8326/geno-smith

According to TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline, the Jets intend to "lessen the load" on Geno Smith in his second NFL season, and hope to keep Smith "under 20 passes per game."

Pauline is mostly a draft guru, but gets a fair number of NFL team scoops. He says the Jets plan to re-implement "a more run oriented offense in 2014 in an attempt to exploit their strengths." They obviously don't consider Geno a strength. The Jets played this style of offense for years with Mark Sanchez at the helm, and qualified for two AFC Championship games. They'll attempt to "hide" their quarterback with a strong defense and higher-volume rushing attack.

G&P FTW

At Geno's current completion percentage, they obviously think they can survive on 11 completions a game. Good luck, Jets!!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this were true information, than it basically concedes that the Jets already plan on Geno starting from week 1, which is not the narrative that most on here want to believe.  Russell averaged 25 passes per game, which was the lowest for any 16 game starter, I seriously doubt anyone is dropping below those numbers, regardless of what anyone thinks Rex wants to do.  

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8326/geno-smith

According to TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline, the Jets intend to "lessen the load" on Geno Smith in his second NFL season, and hope to keep Smith "under 20 passes per game."

Pauline is mostly a draft guru, but gets a fair number of NFL team scoops. He says the Jets plan to re-implement "a more run oriented offense in 2014 in an attempt to exploit their strengths." They obviously don't consider Geno a strength. The Jets played this style of offense for years with Mark Sanchez at the helm, and qualified for two AFC Championship games. They'll attempt to "hide" their quarterback with a strong defense and higher-volume rushing attack.

G&P FTW

At Geno's current completion percentage, they obviously think they can survive on 11 completions a game. Good luck, Jets!!

This would only make sense if the Jets werent interested in upgrading the WR positions, which in that case would be a total fail and would be a good enough reason to fire Idzik. Idzik isnt stupid.

The Jets were 6th in rushing but I believe 23rd in rushing TD's. This means that the Jets would be asking to lose football games. If I was a season ticket holder I would ask for my money back if this was true. I prefer to see Geno have the opportunity to succeed/fail than to see him held back by stupidity such as this. Not saying you're stupid Gastineau, the article.

If this were true information, than it basically concedes that the Jets already plan on Geno starting from week 1, which is not the narrative that most on here want to believe.  Russell averaged 25 passes per game, which was the lowest for any 16 game starter, I seriously doubt anyone is dropping below those numbers, regardless of what anyone thinks Rex wants to do.

And it would only be what people thinks Rex wants to do. Rex wants to win football games first and foremost. Keeping your QB to under 5 throws a quarter is utterly ridiculous and things like this shouldnt even be taken seriously. Rotoworld has lost a thin slice of credibility with this, at the same time the Bleacher Report has gained a thin slice more of respect. 

Yeah.....I said it!

Let's just cut all our WRs, pour all our money into O-line and RBs, and use goal line formation every down.

No, let's go victory formation.... 'cause that's all the yardage we'll be getting.

Sanchez redux, minus the passes.    

Archived