idzik mite as well......

Jetknowledge

I've been waiting for the Jets to get a long-term plan together for decades.  I've been waiting for the Jets to make sense.  Waiting for a system.  Idzik is boring and mechanical, tight lipped and a tight-wad with cash.  I think he's the best thing to happen to this franchise in a long, long time.  And a perfect check and balance to Rex.  We were never going to win a superbowl last year and we all figured on at least a three year re-build after the monumental gaffes of Tann...Tannen...that other guy.  Give us a good shot in two years and we'll all forget about the slow start to free agency circa 2014.

If the Jets are 8-8 or worse this season,  Rex is probably fired.   Not sure how that's rebuilding if you have to start over with a new HC and a new philosophy.   Rebuilding makes sense if Rex was fired and a new coach gets a few seasons to build the team into a winner.   Rex isn't going to last 2-3 more years rebuilding a team.

If the Jets are 8-8 or worse this season, Rex is probably fired. Not sure how that's rebuilding if you have to start over with a new HC and a new philosophy. Rebuilding makes sense if Rex was fired and a new coach gets a few seasons to build the team into a winner. Rex isn't going to last 2-3 more years rebuilding a team.

This is the great mystery, IMO

I've been waiting for the Jets to get a long-term plan together for decades.  I've been waiting for the Jets to make sense.  Waiting for a system.  Idzik is boring and mechanical, tight lipped and a tight-wad with cash.  I think he's the best thing to happen to this franchise in a long, long time.  And a perfect check and balance to Rex.  We were never going to win a superbowl last year and we all figured on at least a three year re-build after the monumental gaffes of Tann...Tannen...that other guy.  Give us a good shot in two years and we'll all forget about the slow start to free agency circa 2014.

My God your like the damn Calvary ...where have you been for the last 4 days?...I totally agree.

If the Jets are 8-8 or worse this season,  Rex is probably fired.   Not sure how that's rebuilding if you have to start over with a new HC and a new philosophy.   Rebuilding makes sense if Rex was fired and a new coach gets a few seasons to build the team into a winner.   Rex isn't going to last 2-3 more years rebuilding a team.

As much as I agree with sirlance post above,..this is also a great point....Rex is woodys boy, our rebuild is dysfunctional because of that.

Decker for Holmes....very nice. The Italian dude for Howard....eh a wash. Tried to get Davis for Cro would have been nice. Only move I wish we made was add Ward at S. I am thinking we offered DRC around $7 per and just need to let him test the market a bit. He will be back. Resign colon if healthy. Redo Chez. Beckham or Lee, Decker, Kerley, Nelson and Hill and a mid round RB with good hands sounds like a huge upgrade over the dumpster brigade from last year.

Exactly the way I see it.  The pea-brain contingent seems to think cap-room is a use it or lose it proposition. 

yup..

Exactly the way I see it.  The pea-brain contingent seems to think cap-room is a use it or lose it proposition. 

Remember, from 2014 - 2017 89% of cap space for those 4 yrs. MUST be spent. I hope our draft picks are good enough to pay them the $150 mil we'll have left after Idzik is done hoarding it.

Amirite??? :winking0001:

Remember, from 2014 - 2017 89% of cap space for those 4 yrs. MUST be spent. I hope our draft picks are good enough to pay them the $150 mil we'll have left after Idzik is done hoarding it.

Amirite??? :winking0001:

LMAO..Idzik rather doesn't know wtf he is doing, or he is blowing smoke up peoples a****....He somehow needs TONS of loot to sign draft picks..What he going to sign the 6th rounders to 5 mil per year deals? LOL

With all this money and not many expensive FA left, we mite as well extend Mo

And kerley before he has a amazing season and become even more expensive.

Mo - 6 yrs, 55 million. 9.17 a year

Kerley - 4 yrs, 10 million. 2.5 a year

Might as well sign your own before they hit the open market. Since Iggy can't seem to recognize pro talent I'm on board with keeping Wilk and Kerley and also extending Coples while were at it. Iggy really dropped the ball on the Revis thing though. We could have signed him and called it a successful FA haul, but he became analysis paralysis personified. Now he let Rogers-Cromartie walk and I bet he signs with New York. The Giants that is.

Might as well sign your own before they hit the open market. Since Iggy can't seem to recognize pro talent I'm on board with keeping Wilk and Kerley and also extending Coples while were at it. Iggy really dropped the ball on the Revis thing though. We could have signed him and called it a successful FA haul, but he became analysis paralysis personified. Now he let Rogers-Cromartie walk and I bet he signs with New York. The Giants that is.

I think the analysis with woody went like this "under no circumstances are we bringing revis back. Fool me once..."

Exactly the way I see it. The pea-brain contingent seems to think cap-room is a use it or lose it proposition.

I love how anyone who does not agree with you is a pea brain, or peanut gallery. Like you served on two SB staffs and are gracing us with your prescience, then ignoring us and bragging.

Archived