idzik mite as well......

Jetknowledge

With all this money and not many expensive FA left, we mite as well extend Mo

And kerley before he has a amazing season and become even more expensive.

Mo - 6 yrs, 55 million. 9.17 a year

Kerley - 4 yrs, 10 million. 2.5 a year

I've been told that it provides us very little value to extend those 2 this year. Which makes Idzik's strategy here a bit more confusing.

I've been told that it provides us very little value to extend those 2 this year. Which makes Idzik's strategy here a bit more confusing.

Not sure what the strategy is. I understand patience and not overspending, but the team has holes to fill.  Need to add players.  Can't do it all through the draft because the team isn't going to hit on every player chosen.  Sign some players to add some competition to the roster!

Say bye bye to fro cousin too

You know this upcoming season may be a good season to go 0 and 15

We have lots of low round picks that need a cpl years to learn NFL

The ol is going to need serious overall

And we need a franchise qd not too mention we have more holes than swiss cheese sandwich

Then you have to compete with all these win now teams denver, pats, ets..looks like we may have a lot of free Sundays on our hands..won't the wives/husbands be pleased

Few more days go by and we'll be competing with other teams that need to fill their practice squad while we're trying to sign starters.

few more days ? 

you girls are so silly

the instant gratification generation

I am fine with his approach.  I don't need rock stars. 

you could see this coming a mile away.  the jets have a billion dollars in cap space.

great

it was a pretty crappy FA class in my opinion

shooting the whole load just for the sake of it would have been a huge mistake

few more days ? 

you girls are so silly

you could see this coming a mile away.  the jets have a billion dollars in cap space.

great

Right on.  Lots of mediocre players and players with major warts all looking for too much money.  There are precious few that are worth the scratch, and those only make sense for teams on the cusp with few holes to fill. 

few more days ? 

you girls are so silly

great

Don't worry.... We'll have "Spinal Tap' on the field come August

Right on.  Lots of mediocre players and players with major warts all looking for too much money.  There are precious few that are worth the scratch, and those only make sense for teams on the cusp with few holes to fill. 

That's because all the studs with beautiful skin signed with other teams days ago!

This is like "Das Boot" unfortunately Rex will be the guy chosen to be thrown overboard and Idzik will be the evil German guy!

on top of that, the mini- draft is coming up. way better deals than free agency

But if we have money left over Idzik can just overpay players later on.  Win \ Win.  Then everyone will be happy.  #ProblemSolved

But if we have money left over Idzik can just overpay players later on.  Win \ Win.  Then everyone will be happy.  #ProblemSolved

That's why we have you manning the server room. Can't find logic like that anywhere else! :superman:

That's because all the studs with beautiful skin signed with other teams days ago!

This is like "Das Boot" unfortunately Rex will be the guy chosen to be thrown overboard and Idzik will be the evil German guy!

I was referring to some of the guys signed days ago.  Anyway, the ignore settings are a wonderful thing.  No more crappy threads and idiotic posts from another stronzo post-whore.  Have a nice effin' life.

I was referring to some of the guys signed days ago.  Anyway, the ignore settings are a wonderful thing.  No more crappy threads and idiotic posts from another stronzo post-whore.  Have a nice effin' life.

mostro, got a good buzz going? chill out,man. dudes just conversating

By not filling all of our roster-related holes, we can entice the best of the best UDFAs after the draft.  

Players aren't going to go to SF, NE, or DEN because they've already built their rosters with "good" players. 

#genious

I've been waiting for the Jets to get a long-term plan together for decades.  I've been waiting for the Jets to make sense.  Waiting for a system.  Idzik is boring and mechanical, tight lipped and a tight-wad with cash.  I think he's the best thing to happen to this franchise in a long, long time.  And a perfect check and balance to Rex.  We were never going to win a superbowl last year and we all figured on at least a three year re-build after the monumental gaffes of Tann...Tannen...that other guy.  Give us a good shot in two years and we'll all forget about the slow start to free agency circa 2014.

Archived