Dia de Muerto - Mafia Win

DPR

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if you're not certain on anything, why not pressure the guy you think is scummiest? Misdirection on D1 is dumb imo.

That's your opinion. My opinion is that sometimes suboptimal moves messes people up so they in return make suboptimal moves and show more then they want. I also like to screw around a lot so I'm never going to make the smart play over the most interesting play.

You are my best for town right now.  We should get together. I will draw you a nice hot bathe.  I got these really cool bacon and meatball shaped soaps. I got them at "Fat and bodyworks."  Delicious. 

I think I would die happy.

unvote vote Arsis

What is this I don't even

Ape is basically at the height of his powers this game. 

What would you rate him on a scale of 1 to Dream Wizard?

I'm not soft-claiming anything.  It is my opinion that Smash made a faulty inference from some of the mechanics of the game.  I almost made the same inference until DPR clarified something for me, so I see Smash's thought process as legit.

I'll admit I'm not seeing it. Make of that what you will.

That's your opinion. My opinion is that sometimes suboptimal moves messes people up so they in return make suboptimal moves and show more then they want. I also like to screw around a lot so I'm never going to make the smart play over the most interesting play.

Might make more sense later on.  D1, you're more likely to draw heat from townies for that kind of crap.  It's also a very nice excuse for not having to be accountable for any of your pushes.

Upon a re-read, it seems to me like the Ape is doing genuine scum-hunting.  If he's not, he's doing a great acting job.  Only post that stood out was this one:

I'm sorry - but this whole entire post is garbage.

The Ape never apologizes.  Ever.

Might make more sense later on. D1, you're more likely to draw heat from townies for that kind of crap. It's also a very nice excuse for not having to be accountable for any of your pushes.

I don't mind drawing heat. I've never been lynched before. I wouldn't mind seeing what it's like. Just pay attention to who pushes against me the hardest for faulty reasoning and who jumps on the train. I am town and a crappy player so I'm expendable.

Oh me, ME! Ask me!!!

No.  When you're town, you mail it in during the early game.  I'll pass.

I'm not soft-claiming anything.  It is my opinion that Smash made a faulty inference from some of the mechanics of the game.  I almost made the same inference until DPR clarified something for me, so I see Smash's thought process as legit.

Bleh.  He has 4 posts - he's not showing much thought process.  He made a poor decision to offer a NL.  Whether he meant it or not is not relevant to me going off on him for an idea that would hurt the town.  If he posts more and gets into the game, my negative read on him may change.

Not necessarily but I'll take someone making sense over someone flinging sh*t any day.

If Verb is scum he'll show it in time.

If I'm caught as scum, it is usually by Cop view.  Just sayin'.

:punches you square in the mouth:  You can call me town/mafia/whatever the f makes you feel warm and good inside.

You directly stole my line of thought. You were doing your own work on Ape- don't act like you caught that contradiction yourself. 

Yeah, okay.  Sit down before you hurt yourself.

I don't mind drawing heat. I've never been lynched before. I wouldn't mind seeing what it's like. Just pay attention to who pushes against me the hardest for faulty reasoning and who jumps on the train. I am town and a crappy player so I'm expendable.

If you're town, start contributing.  If you give scum good reasons to lynch you, they will use those instead of faulty ones.

No, you're not expendable.  We need townies to drive majority lynches.  Each one is another day scum needs to whittle us down.  Nobody is expendable, unless they are acting super scummy.  Then you try for 2 birds with 1 stone.

Upon a re-read, it seems to me like the Ape is doing genuine scum-hunting.  If he's not, he's doing a great acting job.  Only post that stood out was this one:

The Ape never apologizes.  Ever.

You might want to read a few of his scum games and reconsider.

1. Pac - town lean
2. AVM - dunno
3. Lizard King - dumbtown
4. Lily - needs to post more
5. Leelou - feels like she's hanging around but hasn't said much that was original, slight scum read
6. Ape - scum MVP, needs to be lynched as per CTM's law 
7. Hally - needs to post more
8. Nolder - sup
9. 80 - dunno 
10. JiF - needs to post more
11. Wombat - slight scum read
12. SMC - needs to post more
13. Crush - null
14. Verb - town read
15. Smash - scum or dumbtown
16. Arsis - dumbtown, this feels like EP levels of derp
17. Hess - town
18. Lia - new girl

Scum lean atm.  You were scummier before you started casing the Ape for real.

Before I started casing Ape, I was still on Smash.  What was scummy about that?  You're not committing to anything in particular, and that has me worried about you.

If you're town, start contributing. If you give scum good reasons to lynch you, they will use those instead of faulty ones.

Yes sir. Sorry I was trying to have fun in the forum game.

Like it or not Ape made tge round about him. Do you feel he is scum or not is the real question. If he is you vote for him if not you most likely vote for noldor or verbal.

What is good reasons? Saying my reads on people? That's awfully faulty to me. I didn't even try to start a train on anyway. Was literally thinking out loud. In my opinion that is contributing. People can then respond with their opinions. If they agree or disagree and why.

Or like you they can talk about nonsense and contributing when doing nothing.

Before I started casing Ape, I was still on Smash.  What was scummy about that?  You're not committing to anything in particular, and that has me worried about you.

I said "for real."  Your first post about the Ape "showing his ass" was garbage and pinged big time.  Also, you sounded eager for a fight with Smash, which is not pro-town imo.  I know you like to rail against no lynches, but it felt like you wanted to hide behind that for most of the day and polarize the thread.

My opinion is that sometimes suboptimal moves messes people up so they in return make suboptimal moves and show more then they want. I also like to screw around a lot so I'm never going to make the smart play over the most interesting play.

What? shut the **** up. You've been playing for like, 2 games.

I don't mind drawing heat. I've never been lynched before. I wouldn't mind seeing what it's like.

It's not fun.  You don't get to play anymore.  And in a DPR game that is terrible news.  I don't like this post at all.  This "I don't mind dying, don't mind me" tone has been one I've used as scum before. 

Unvote vote Arsis

Are you for real?  I'm not sticking my neck out?  That's bullsh*t.  And your train is gaining traction?  WHAT TRAIN?

Oh yeah, a train of 1.  Me.

You had Arsis voting you yesterday, as he switched from me to you, and then to Crusher.  So I'm the only one on your train, and you've never had more than 1 vote.

You. Showed. Your. Ass.

Lynch Ape.

I thought I had more votes, and you put me at like 3 or 4. I wasn't really keeping tabs.

I'm not going to apologize for not being precisely aware about my train count. Lots of people were saying my name, votes or not, there was gravity around me being dirty and you jumped in and gave it a push. I stand by my observation - if I have to be lynched for making an honest error in order to expose the opportunism that is buzzing around me, so be it.

It's not fun.  You don't get to play anymore.  And in a DPR game that is terrible news.  I don't like this post at all.  This "I don't mind dying, don't mind me" tone has been one I've used as scum before. 

Unvote vote Arsis

Every time I show my ass as scum my defense has been the "we have the numbers, you can afford to lynch me route."  

It's not fun. You don't get to play anymore. And in a DPR game that is terrible news. I don't like this post at all. This "I don't mind dying, don't mind me" tone has been one I've used as scum before.

Unvote vote Arsis

Damn, you've read me all wrong. This isn't a "don't mind me" post. It's a "mind me" post.

Meh, I'm just going to give me gun to the scummiest person I read anyway. I want scum to win while being town.

Archived