Dia de Muerto - Mafia Win

DPR

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll get right on that, in the meantime you can call me at 7756969666 ;)

Welcome to JN mafia. As you probably know we value kindness, fair play, and above all else, humility. I'm sure you'll make new friends in our PG environment.

What you may not know is I'm the official liaison between JN and DM. In order to complete your registration at JN kindly do the following:

- PM me 3-5 pictures (selfies ok) of preferably action photos -- playing tennis, WoW etc.

- Title your PM "hey there".. Note italicizing hey there is mandatory.

That's it! You're all set!

I look forward to your PM and continued patronage. Have a nice night.

Good, so at least we've established that your win was a fluke.

Arsis destroyed Smash at endgame.  But not before I almost got Smash to buy my Insane Cop claim.  I got Arsis to endgame and was his mentor throughout, while simultaneously leading our team on the comeback trail.  MVP baby.

Current Vote Count:

Verb (1) - SMC

Lizard (2) - Hess, Nolder

Lia (1) - Pac

No Lynch (1) - Smash

Smash (1) - Verb

Nolder (3) -Ape, Lizard, Crush

Wombat (3) - AVM, Lia, 80

Ape (1) - Arsis

Arsis (1) - Wombat

With 18 players, it takes 10 to lynch.

*There is no vote gimmick in this game, so if a vote count does not match the players listed as voters, it's mod error.  

Exactly. You see the problem? If you don't stfu no one else is going to talk.

Why do you think I haven't been posting for a couple hours despite obviously being around?

Because there comes a time when you need to step back, especially in bigger games, and let other people weigh in.

Because if you don't they wont and then it becomes a huge problem.

You and me, we have the same issue. We're two people who will keep arguing for hours if we believe the other is doing so in remotely good faith. We can't shut up. This is something I've learned and I'm getting better at it but I still get sucked in. So for the love of god stfu so I can stfu so other people can post. We're just dominating this thread and meanwhile scum are loving it because they can sit on the sidelines and let us go at it without getting any scrutiny themselves. We both need to stop so those assholes will be forced to speak up. So stop ok? Just for now. You can get back at my throat later but we only have so much time per day and we can't waste it bickering like this.

So, I log on and contribute in a cluster between when I put the baby down and when I go to bed myself, after basically contributing nothing most of the day, and I need to STFU?

How the **** to you justify saying "people need to scum hunt" and then tell me to STFU, when you know DAMN WELL that pressing people through activity is how I scum hunt?

All I keep coming back to is that you have contradictory themes in what you are saying people should be doing. Like: scum hunt, but don't argue and discuss (which IS scum hunting). Like: vote only if you intend to lynch, when you should know damn well that using your vote to bait and lure is a viable means of scum hunting.

I don't get what the **** you are doing here. You aren't being logical, and you aren't scum hunting, you are instead stifling it by trying to shut down everyone who seems to be identifying logic flaws... while banging the drum about scum hunting to look like a super townie dude.

You've given me no reason to take my vote off you. This feels like standard Nolder nabbed as scum and muddling to try and back out of it.

Your whole argument is predicated on Smash making a dumb vote and fos on everyone who is telling you that it's a mistake to build your whole case on one bad vote.

You're playing exactly like I did during the last game- reckless. It got two townies killed.

You are venturing on tldr status. It is anti town on a timed game.

You say this to him as though you know he's town.

That said, I sort of agree at this point all Nolder has done is make himself a spectacle. If he is town, all he's done is draw townies to himself and create a circumstance where if Nolder flips town, everyone that came after him looks bad. He's a mess. If he's a town mess, there's literally no reason for town to do anything but sit back and watch. 

unvote

Vote: Ape

Verbal, Crusher = scum

Ape/nolder a least one I'm betting both.

So... you say Verbal and Crusher = scum.

But you vote one of the two of your "at least one" scenarios?

This is the type of post I'd expect from scum in this situation, if Nolder is scum. Verb or Crusher is probably scum mate with you. You list them for distancing. Then you connect Nolder and I, vote me, push to mislynch me and that sets you up for an "oh, I guess I was wrong" reaction to my death, letting Nolder off the hook... and on to a new target.

I'd kill Arsis and Nolder at this point.

Arsis destroyed Smash at endgame.  But not before I almost got Smash to buy my Insane Cop claim.  I got Arsis to endgame and was his mentor throughout, while simultaneously leading our team on the comeback trail.  MVP baby.

You were obvious scum and Arsis was on my short list.  Still not sure how anyone could have let you live that extra day.  Should have been swift deaths for the both of you.

Crusher. Jokes on D1. You spinning that as agenda?

Asking you to explain something game related is "pointless rhetoric"?

Unvote

Vote Nolderp

1. Crusher makes jokes always. The trick is to learn when it's for genuine fun and when he's using his meta to mask his scum agenda. It's D1 and I'm feeling him out, why you gotta step all over that and defend him? Not that he really addressed me anyway aside from making another joke.

2. Yes it is. Smash has been around and should know what he just did was retarded. I don't need to explain it to him. He wants me to so he can bog me and the thread down in a pointless discussion about the pros and cons of no lynching instead of scum hunting like we should be. I'm not going to let him do that. I would much rather he explain why this game of all games is the game to no lynch D1 on. Have we seen him do it in other recent games? No. So it bears explaining and that's exactly what I expect him to do.

1. Eeew... I'm not defending him, I'm noticing how you're packaging up your statements to make people look bad. Hell, you did it just now, connecting me to him.

2. I don't get where you are coming from. Smash's "no lynch" vote and your reaction to it seem to be what will serve as the shift from joke votes to real play... so I don't agree that "pointless rhetoric" applies. EDIT: the discussion of pros and cons of anything IS the medium for scum hunting. 

I feel like you are throwing the generic "he should be scumhunting" note out there, in a circumstance where there was nothing game related going on. Nobody is "scumhunting" on page 3. There is no "pointless rhetoric" if it shifts the game into gear... because that IS what will lead to eventually scumhunting.

In other words, you are coming across as disingenuous in the poitns you are making.

1. If they look bad it's because they've done bad. A duck is a duck I'm just putting a name to this sh*t. And yeah if you're gonna step in the middle before someone addresses an accusation (obviously Crusher is going to avoid but that's besides the point) you're speaking for them aka defending them. If you weren't you would have let Crusher say something first then you'd try to poke holes in what I put out there. As it is you've completely deflected the issue from Crusher and even Smash and made it about me and you. 

2. So you're going to use the tired old defense of "he was acting stupid on purpose to set a trap!"? Pro tip, sometimes an idiot is just an idiot. I don't know what Smash's deal is but I'm not going to spend time explaining to him why his move was dumb until he explains why he thinks it's necessary or good.

Blue, that isn't true - but you go ahead and start building your narrative.

Red, I'd completely agree with you if it were say page 30 and there were things going on at the time other than every dicking around. You keep pushing a narrative that I'm defending Crusher, what is actually happening is that I'm just paying attention to the one person who has tried to bend jackassery into reasons to vote people. 

Case in point... I give you a little shove after you make a huge leap in logic about Crusher, and you respond with a multi-tiered defense accusing me of defending him (which promises townies a 2-for-1 proposition), putting words in my mouth about Smash, tailoring a narrative about my actions - first you say I didn't wait for him to react, I proved I did, then you basically say that doesn't count.

As for Smash, you implied that he should be scum hunting - one could argue that by throwing the "no lynch" out there for reactions, he was at that time the ONLY one scum hunting OR trying to appear that way. I'm calling bullsh*t on you because on one had you are saying "he should be scum hunting" and on the other hand anyone worth their salt as a scum hunter knows that the discussion of sh*t like that is where and how you can start picking up on pro- and anti-town agendas. You shutting down discussion of anything at this point, isn't really an effort to scum hunt, IMO. In your effort to maximize our use of time before the deadline, all you've done is crater on semantic debate. Not really getting a sincere scum hunting vibe from you at all. 

Sweet Jesus.

I didn't suck you into an argument, and I'm not defending Crusher. I saw you come in from out of nowhere with a vote and rationale on Crusher that seemed like BS during the joke votes. It has nothing to do with Crusher, it has everything to do with you coming across like you are selling bullsh*t. In response you've taken everything, and I mean EVERYTHING I've said and either mis-represented it or made it circuitous. 

The ultimate transparency about everything you are saying is that you keep saying other people should be scumhunting, which is facilitated by discussion of the game, but then every time peopel want to talk about game events you call it "pointless rhetoric" or "pointless arguments". Anyone that has played this game twice understands the value of letting a discussion and especially and argument go on for a bit. How does one scum hunt while at the same time stifling every conversation before it gets legs?

Holy sh*t, is this the game that Ape completely shows his scum ass on D1?  The bold red is a good statement, except for the above quotes that show you didn't follow your own advice.  You jumped into the conversation and spoke for another player well before you could say you "let a discussion and especially an argument go on for a bit".

Unvote

You were obvious scum and Arsis was on my short list.  Still not sure how anyone could have let you live that extra day.  Should have been swift deaths for the both of you.

You played a good game that game! Let's hope you do so this go around :lol:

Not liking your play.  Calling people townies, pushing the No Lynch.  Might be because you haven't played in a while.  Might be because you're scum. 

Unvote vote Wombat

You really are the Rex Ryan of the forum.  I bet you promised someone before the game you'd send them a team invite, didn't you?

So Ape is on the left?

Well Nolder is obviously on the right, so...

Ahh ok so I guess this is just like any other game we've played

My bad

This was your response to me shredding your entire stance on No Lynch?  In no way does this game look like a No Lynch - mechanic game.  You've played enough DPR games to know they are regular mafia games with layers of fancy dressing on them.  At their core, they are still normal mafia games.  The Red Scare (example I used of a No Lynch - mechanic game from Doggin) was not a regular mafia game, as you'd know if you played/read it.

Instead you're snarky with me.  I'd lynch you or Ape right now and not lose any sleep.

If I had a gun, I might even consider not shooting 80 for one of you.  I know, I can't believe I just said that as well.

So... you say Verbal and Crusher = scum.

But you vote one of the two of your "at least one" scenarios?

This is the type of post I'd expect from scum in this situation, if Nolder is scum. Verb or Crusher is probably scum mate with you. You list them for distancing. Then you connect Nolder and I, vote me, push to mislynch me and that sets you up for an "oh, I guess I was wrong" reaction to my death, letting Nolder off the hook... and on to a new target.

I'd kill Arsis and Nolder at this point.

Nolder is the towniest of the bunch right now.  No way should he be lynched today.  Tomorrow, perhaps.  hehe

Holy sh*t, is this the game that Ape completely shows his scum ass on D1?  The bold red is a good statement, except for the above quotes that show you didn't follow your own advice.  You jumped into the conversation and spoke for another player well before you could say you "let a discussion and especially an argument go on for a bit".

Unvote

Ladies and gentlemen...

Business is about to pick up

If I had a gun, I might even consider not shooting 80 for one of you.  I know, I can't believe I just said that as well.

*dies in shock* 

I actually haven't been liking the majority of Smash's play. Something seems really off about it. 

Archived