2014 World Cup - Brazil

Jetsfan80

Ref was bad for both sides. Forgot his cards at home and gave too many fouls. It was not THAT lopsided.

Brazil played well but Colômbia was a disappointment. They sh*t their collective pants. Stage was too big for them.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those 30 minutes in extra time were heart stopping. Wow.

I was rooting for Costa Rica, but Holland showed some serious heart and van Gaal was ready for everything. Bringing on Krul just before the clock ran out in ET was genius, much like his substitutions in previous games. Judging by the way Krul guessed right almost every time, i wouldn't be surprised if they studied each and every Costa Rican player to prepare him for a penalty shootout.

BTW, does Robben EVER get tired? The guy just never stops running, he was going at 100 mph even in the 115th minute.

Think Netherlands and Costa Rica was the best quarter final of the three i watched. I missed Argentina and Belgium game today.

What i dont like about the Costa Rica loss is we are left with the 4 usual suspects of World Cup soccer. But Netherlands played great today and deserved to win.

I think its going to be a Germany Netherlands final. I think its the first time we have a decent chance to have an European winner in a World Cup hosted in Latin America.

Nice day of soccer. Hands down the best cup I've watched. Not to much diving and outside of a few Brazil matches the refs have been solid.

I agree on it being a great cup.and on paper this is an amazing semi final but I'm finding it disappointing how poorly they're all playing and I'm a die hard Germany fan. I keep waiting for somebody to step up and look like the favorites. I'd say it's Germany at this point but I haven't been impressed since the Portugal game and none of the other teams left have been convincing

Neymar getting injured was karma for Brazil's disgusting tactics at the start. They knew they'd get the decisions and just kicked lumps out of James Rodriguez for 90 mins, shock horror that the Colombians decided to retaliate.

Germany should be big favourites to beat them without Neymar/Silva but I still have the feeling Brazil aren't finished. Germany haven't been superb either and have been choking like dogs at this stage for years.

Hope Holland win it all.

Holland Germany would be nice. The bad blood isn't where it used to be but it'd still be a great game. I agree on the Neymar thing, if the Blatter fix is in dont expect the other team to not get mad. You can't watch your top guy get hammered all game with no card and pretend it's ok

I agree on it being a great cup.and on paper this is an amazing semi final but I'm finding it disappointing how poorly they're all playing and I'm a die hard Germany fan. I keep waiting for somebody to step up and look like the favorites. I'd say it's Germany at this point but I haven't been impressed since the Portugal game and none of the other teams left have been convincing

Argentina looked like it was finally getting its sh*t together yesterday and looked very good. But with Di Maria out I don't think Messi will be enough.

Argentina looked like it was finally getting its sh*t together yesterday and looked very good. But with Di Maria out I don't think Messi will be enough.

They still look stale to me. Playing a one man game, and as good as Messi has been I don't think that's enough to beat the heavyweights

Waaaaaahhh the players on this year's team didn't look good enough to compete in the major European leagues waaaaaaahhh...

Report: DeAndre Yedlin set for big move to AS Roma in Italy

RIO DE JANEIRO – DeAndre Yedlin could become the first member of the United States' World Cup 2014 squad to cash in on his tournament performance after being linked to Italian club giant AS Roma.

According to Italian newspaper La Gazzetta dello Sport, a deal has been virtually finalized to send Yedlin from the Seattle Sounders of Major League Soccer to Roma in Serie A, Italy's top league.

Sunday's report out of Italy included a scenario that would see Yedlin complete the current MLS campaign before making the switch. Roma, one of the biggest clubs in Italy and primarly owned by an American investment group, finished second in Serie A last season and will play in the UEFA Champions League next season.

There was no mention of a potential transfer fee, which in all likelihood would need to be in the region of $8 million or more for Seattle to consider letting Yedlin go.

Waaaaaahhh the players on this year's team didn't look good enough to compete in the major European leagues waaaaaaahhh...

I think the point is more that they need to. Those guys will be getting a lot of looks after the world cup, the fact of the matter is our domestic soccer league has gotten better but it's not world class

Archived