2014 World Cup - Brazil

Jetsfan80

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Algeria giving Germany a helluva fight.  Still scoreless in the 77th and they keep attacking.

This game is nuts...Germany throwing the kitchen sink at Algeria but still can't score. Algerian goalkeeper probably made the save of the tournament a few minutes ago to deny Muller from point-blank range

Insane. Algeria takes them to extra time. Mbolhi with a performance that rivals what Ochoa did against Brazil.

Germany were fantastic in those last 10 minutes though...they will keep coming at them, Algeria has their work cut out. And even if it goes to penalties, you stil have to fancy Germany...i don't think they have ever lost a penalty shootout

What a game. Germany has had their shots too. Rais Mbohli has been one of the more underrated players of this Cup.

Every game is so dramatic this year. It's unreal.

Best World Cup ever.  Just need a USA trip to the Quarterfinals now.

futbol is either dirty cheap shots or flopping

just can't get into it

You're not watching closely enough if that's all you're getting out of this WC.  About 3 % of the WC has been about flopping and biting.  The rest has been highly entertaining play and a lot of fun upsets or near-upsets.

You're not watching closely enough if that's all you're getting out of this WC.  About 3 % of the WC has been about flopping and biting.  The rest has been highly entertaining play and a lot of fun upsets or near-upsets.

not biting.  spiking and kicking ankles.  dirty tackles.  cheap sh*t.  it's hard not to have drama when the average score is 2-1

That might be the game of the tournament so far...really open and free flowing game. Just edges out Brazil - Mexico for me. It wasn't over until the last second. Nothing like watching an underdog scaring a fancied opponent.

Germany - France QF could be an epic match-up...these two teams played the greatest game in the history of the World Cup back in 1982. Expect to hear about that game a million times between now and Friday.

France have looked seriously good in this tournament, maybe the best team in the competition (none of the favorites have played their best so far). Can't miss this game.

Before today's match the question was which Switzerland we'd get:  The version that surrendered 5 goals to France, or the version that allowed only 2 goals total in the other 9 of their WC matches combined from 2006 to present.  We're getting the latter today.

Their performance thus far today also lends credence to the idea that France is for real, if there were any doubters.  So that sucks. 

I had already put $100 on France to win the World Cup at 12/1. They have the best, most complete team in the competition...the field looks underwhelming, all the favorites have obvious flaws and haven't been all that impressive. The French have a bunch of quality players that possess big game experience. The Germany QF is a big hurdle, but its what got me the price. 

This is the same Swiss team that France crushed 5-2 (6-2, if not for a missed penalty).

I had already put $100 on France to win the World Cup at 12/1. They have the best, most complete team in the competition...the field looks underwhelming, all the favorites have obvious flaws and haven't been all that impressive. The French have a bunch of quality players that possess big game experience. The Germany QF is a big hurdle, but its what got me the price. 

This is the same Swiss team that France crushed 5-2 (6-2, if not for a missed penalty).

Smart bet.

Archived