Marvel vs. DC Mafia

AVM

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the positive thoughts and prayers everyone -- it's much appreciated!  Today he was trying to talk people into letting him go home, says he feels better than he's felt in a long time -- so things are MUCH better.  Still have some things to figure out, but we got really really lucky.

You guys rock!

Good news.  Glad to hear.

Verbal was right about one thing. Whether you like my move or not on the face of it, it got a lot of reactions. Some strong criticism of Hallia and some strong defense. It that sense, it was pro town. It brought a lot of discussion out.

I'll concede that in this specific case it worked out ok but those kinds of moves can also backfire really badly.

Use with caution.

LK: I don't even understand how you see what you did as a trap tbh. I'm not voting Hallia for voting you I'm voting her because she claimed VT.

It's a reaction test.  Scum look for easy votes on townies that they don't have to take responsibility for.  That's exactly what Hallia's vote looked like to me.  From the PoV of anyone who thinks LK is likely town, Hallia is likely scum.

The case on Leelou as an opportunist is crap. Anyone else on Hallia's train could be voted for the same reason. Maybe other people on the train seem less scummy, but that's not the reason for voting her and not the others being offered.... Just that she seems an opportunist for casting the same vote that 5 other players have also made.

I'm not saying she's not scum. But the reason being given is nothing more than an attempt to start a competing train based on nothing.

Yep.  Leelou CFD smells like week-old fish.

Home from work.  Seeing a couple of people changing over to Pac.  Not really seeing a reason, but then, it doesn't seem like Pac's ever going to catch up and read the game.

I'd toss a vote on him but that'd be...opportunistic? :lol:

^ Not even trying to act pro-town anymore.

Home from work.  Seeing a couple of people changing over to Pac.  Not really seeing a reason, but then, it doesn't seem like Pac's ever going to catch up and read the game.

I'd toss a vote on him but that'd be...opportunistic? :lol:

Seriously, someone tell me how this post is even close to pro-town.

She basically said:  Hey guys, I see you're running up Pac for no apparent reason.  I'd be right there with you, but I'm worried that would look opportunistic.

It's a reaction test.  Scum look for easy votes on townies that they don't have to take responsibility for.  That's exactly what Hallia's vote looked like to me.  From the PoV of anyone who thinks LK is likely town, Hallia is likely scum.

Ok I understand that but the setup is so simplistic it's really hard to trust the results.

Person A claims scum, Person B votes Person A, therefore Person B is scum? 

I don't think so.

That said Hallia isn't really doing anything that strikes me as pro town and with the VT claim I like her for a D1 lynch.

This is not a typical Leelou town defense. She seems like caught scum or someone resigned to her fate, going "meh".

Was a bit "meh". I do stand behind my Hallia vote though. Nothing in her posts is coming across as townie and I'd say I have a typically good read on her. 

Verbal was right about one thing. Whether you like my move or not on the face of it, it got a lot of reactions. Some strong criticism of Hallia and some strong defense. It that sense, it was pro town. It brought a lot of discussion out.

Exactly my point, dude.  Lynching you will provide a ton of clarity on several players based on their various reactions to your move.  I think more so than a lynch on Hallia.  But your train was stalling a bit, and I think 80 might be right about Leelou.  Besides, it is weirdly fun siding with 80 of all people.....against Leelou.  O_o

Seriously, someone tell me how this post is even close to pro-town.

She basically said:  Hey guys, I see you're running up Pac for no apparent reason.  I'd be right there with you, but I'm worried that would look opportunistic.

I'm seeing it the opposite - she was ballsy with that snarky comment, and I don't attribute ballsy with scum-Hallia.

unvote vote Crusher

2 times he called ME, the uncountered cop, a lair trying to get traction ...he didn't push much just laid some ground work and I think hes scum for doing just that. No way scum would push hard for an uncountered cop but the power of his subtle suggestions seem scummier.

unvote vote Crusher

2 times he called ME, the uncountered cop, a lair trying to get traction ...he didn't push much just laid some ground work and I think hes scum for doing just that. No way scum would push hard for an uncountered cop but the power of his subtle suggestions seem scummier.

Not going to disagree but vote Hallia and you will get more info on him if she flips scum.

Exactly my point, dude.  Lynching you will provide a ton of clarity on several players based on their various reactions to your move.  I think more so than a lynch on Hallia.  But your train was stalling a bit, and I think 80 might be right about Leelou.  Besides, it is weirdly fun siding with 80 of all people.....against Leelou.  O_o

I'm seeing it the opposite - she was ballsy with that snarky comment, and I don't attribute ballsy with scum-Hallia.

If shedding light on the LK scenario would break the game open so much, why are you voting Leelou instead of LK or Hallia.  Put up or shut up.

unvote vote Crusher

2 times he called ME, the uncountered cop, a lair trying to get traction ...he didn't push much just laid some ground work and I think hes scum for doing just that. No way scum would push hard for an uncountered cop but the power of his subtle suggestions seem scummier.

So no way scum would push the uncouteted cop but I'm scummy for doing it? Your reveal sucked donkey dick. Feeling a need to declare yourself " Town" cop felt forced. Nothing more nothing less.

You said your case goes well beyond Leelou'fds vote.  You have yet to provide any evidence of this.  Excuse me for not taking you on faith.

I agree with this. The case on Leelou was nothing more than me not liking the vote on haliaa. Looks bad for 80.

Archived