Dolphins Dion Jordan suspended for four games

faba

Dion Jordan suspended four games for PED violation

•  
  • By Dan Hanzus
  • Around the League Writer
  • Published: July 3, 2014 at 04:14 p.m.

email-card-title.png Friend(s) Email Your Email Send Email

The Miami Dolphins will begin the 2014 season without former first-round pick Dion Jordan.

The Dolphins announced Thursday that Jordan has been suspended without pay for the first four games of the regular season for violating the NFL's policy on performance enhancing substances.

"We were disappointed to learn about Dion's suspension," Dolphins coach Joe Philbin said in a statement released by the team. "Dion has accepted responsibility for his actions and is committed to improving, both on and off the field, in preparation for the upcoming year."

Jordan -- the No. 3 overall pick in the 2013 draft -- also released a statement through the team.

"I recently learned from the NFL that I tested positive for stimulants that are banned under the NFL policy," the statement read. "I worked carefully with my advisors and the union to investigate the test results, and I take full responsibility for the test results.

"I'm very sorry for the impact of this situation on my teammates, coaches, Stephen Ross, the entire Dolphins organization, fans and my family as well. I will continue to work extremely hard during training camp and preseason. During the suspension, I will stay in top shape and will be ready to contribute upon my return."

Jordan is eligible to return to the Dolphins' active roster on Sept. 29 following the team's Week 4 game against the Oakland Raiders.

The latest "Around The League Podcast" ranked the top quarterbacks in the NFL today.

Not embarrassed to say I was pulling for the Jets to grab Jordan last year at #9 and was pissed off at the Sheldon pick. Shows how much I know about the draft LOL

At least you are honest!  :)

But no one cares.  Chris Johnson making the bold statement that he wants the ball in his hands is a bigger story.

actually just said if he is playing well, he expects to stay in the game, and the RB coach said 2 weeks ago they go with the hot hand

that can only be newsworthy on the jets

oy

Archived