The Revis Narrative in New England

Integrity28

Nothing that exciting, getting married, building a house, that sort of stuff. What's funny is that nothing in Jet fan world has changed since I've been away, they still haven't won anything, still talk like have, the offseason is still the best time of the year for Jets fans, and any rational Jet fan that might decide to post anything questioning, or in the slightest bit critical of the team or organization is attacked as a fake fan. It's is pure comedy gold.

In general, shasta is a prolapsed anus, but it's tough to disagree with any of this.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing that exciting, getting married, building a house, that sort of stuff. What's funny is that nothing in Jet fan world has changed since I've been away, they still haven't won anything, still talk like have, the offseason is still the best time of the year for Jets fans, and any rational Jet fan that might decide to post anything questioning, or in the slightest bit critical of the team or organization is attacked as a fake fan. It's is pure comedy gold.

That's not remotely true. 

Yeah Im sure when Revis was out there one on one with every top WR in the league and shut them down Rex was on the other end of a helmet mic telling Revis how to cover. Get off Rex's dick already

Revis before Rex, good player.  Revis with Rex, best in the league possible GOAT.  Revis without Rex, not as good as Sherman or Petterson.

Revis before Rex, good player.  Revis with Rex, best in the league possible GOAT.  Revis without Rex, not as good as Sherman or Petterson.

Yeah, I couldn't help but chuckle when I saw there was some random polling last night on ESPN or some crap about who was the best CB in the NFL, and along with Sherman and Peterson, they had Revis, Haden, and one other option on there as well (Talib perhaps?), and Revis got almost no votes.  He's a good player no doubt, but the hype has definitely worn off as far as most everyone but Revis is concerned.

Welcome back Kotter.

Delusional= Jet fans during the off-season.

Despondent= Jet fans during the season.

Even if everyone here is exactly that, it still puts them ahead of the type of person who trolls other teams message boards just to be an a$$hole.

It's amazing how that fanbase continues to buy into that bullsh*t in light of the fact that they haven't won anything in a decade. 

I've said it before, if Belichick had the exact same record with the Jets, including the history of cheating, and hadn't won a title in a decade, half the people on this site would be calling for his head.

>50%

In general, shasta is a prolapsed anus, but it's tough to disagree with any of this.

It's easy to disagree when it comes to this place. You're far more likely to face derision being positive here. Being negative gets you a fan club.

Without Rex Revis is just a fraud.

Revis is one of the best in the league. But he's not the clear cut best corner potentially best defender in the league anymore, like he was with Rex.

Don't worry, BB will get the most out of him just like he did with Adalius Thomas.

Really? Then why hasn't Rex made another one? It truly is the season of the jet fan, no games being played, and the jets are the best team in the world.

Exactly. Top 5 QB, best CB in the league, best defense. The jets are just killing it in July. 

Amazing how many fools we have as jet fans. Jet fans would literally kill their mother for half of the success N.E. has had. I have to laugh when morons talk about how they haven't won a SB in 10 years. As if all the SB's the jets have won are any better.

Fact is N.E. has accomplished much more in the last 15-20 years than the jets have in our entire history.

Pretty sad. What's even sadder is we'll never come close to what they have done. Multiple SB wins and appearences, multiple AFCCG's, playoffs every year, division titles every year, 10-12 wins every year. It sucks being a jet fan. And now we have to fool ourselves into thinking Rex is a good coach, Geno is a good QB and our LB's and secondary are any good.

How self-loathing are you? Bob Griese is a deserving HoF'er and Namath isn't? Griese was the ultimate game manager. The most yards he ever threw for in a season was 2400, Namath only threw less than that in a full season once. Namath was a superstar, Griese was Czonka and Kiick's sidekick.

And Marino and Kelly never won squat, so there's that.

Joe is so overrated. Look at his stats and tell me he's a HOF QB. One of the most overrated players ever.

Exactly. Top 5 QB, best CB in the league, best defense. The jets are just killing it in July. 

Amazing how many fools we have as jet fans. Jet fans would literally kill their mother for half of the success N.E. has had. I have to laugh when morons talk about how they haven't won a SB in 10 years. As if all the SB's the jets have won are any better.

Fact is N.E. has accomplished much more in the last 15-20 years than the jets have in our entire history.

Pretty sad. What's even sadder is we'll never come close to what they have done. Multiple SB wins and appearences, multiple AFCCG's, playoffs every year, division titles every year, 10-12 wins every year. It sucks being a jet fan. And now we have to fool ourselves into thinking Rex is a good coach, Geno is a good QB and our LB's and secondary are any good.

No one - not one person - believes that you're a Jet fan. Just give it up and come clean already.

No one - not one person - believes that you're a Jet fan. Just give it up and come clean already.

So the same fans that thought Nacho Taco was a good QB can't tell if I'm a real fan?

What's your point exactly?

Jet fans aren't exactly the brightest group. I never liked Rex,  Tanny or Marky Mark but I bet 90% of the posters on here loved them all. 

Look I love the jets. I just hate the decsions we've made and direction we've taken. We've become a joke and I'm sick of it. 

Revis is one of the best in the league. But he's not the clear cut best corner potentially best defender in the league anymore, like he was with Rex.

Don't worry, BB will get the most out of him just like he did with Adalius Thomas.

Its well known around the league that BB cant coach as good as Rex.

Its well known around the league that BB cant coach as good as Rex.

Yes Jet fans sure know what they are talking about when it comes to all things football. The only fan base in the NFL, that with a straight face can criticize the Patriots for losing two Super Bowls while at the same time pat Rex on the back for being the greatest Jet coach ever for getting them to back to back AFC Championship losses. I can't wait for the season to start to watch the Patriots abuse the AFC East and watch Jet fan wonder what happened to this elite defense they keep talking about. Last I checked they graded out as an extremely average bunch last year.

Yes Jet fans sure know what they are talking about when it comes to all things football. The only fan base in the NFL, that with a straight face can criticize the Patriots for losing two Super Bowls while at the same time pat Rex on the back for being the greatest Jet coach ever for getting them to back to back AFC Championship losses. I can't wait for the season to start to watch the Patriots abuse the AFC East and watch Jet fan wonder what happened to this elite defense they keep talking about. Last I checked they graded out as an extremely average bunch last year.

Clearly that 13-10 win by the Pats over the Jets proved the utter dominance of the Pats offense and ineptitude of the Jets D.  The Pats offense is so good that it doesn't even count when they lose a fumble.  Impressive stuff.

Clearly that 13-10 win by the Pats over the Jets proved the utter dominance of the Pats offense and ineptitude of the Jets D.  The Pats offense is so good that it doesn't even count when they lose a fumble.  Impressive stuff.

Lets see, who was talking about offensive dominance last year? Wasn't me, do you have hard time reading and understanding what is being said? You keep responding to points that aren't being made and then patting yourself on the back for countering them. So let me understand this, you're arguing that the Jets defense is elite because they held NE to 13 points in one game last year in which the Jets lost? Are you kidding? The Jets elite defense gave up 27, and 37 points to the Bills!!!! They gave 38 and 37 points to the twin powerhouses of Tennessee and Oakland!!!! :face: Yet somehow they are elite because they held the Pats to 13?? Wow, sorry buddy but your in for a rough year.

Lets see, who was talking about offensive dominance last year? Wasn't me, do you have hard time reading and understanding what is being said? You keep responding to points that aren't being made and then patting yourself on the back for countering them. So let me understand this, you're arguing that the Jets defense is elite because they held NE to 13 points in one game last year in which the Jets lost? Are you kidding? The Jets elite defense gave up 27, and 37 points to the Bills!!!! They gave 38 and 37 points to the twin powerhouses of Tennessee and Oakland!!!! :face: Yet somehow they are elite because they held the Pats to 13?? Wow, sorry buddy but your in for a rough year.

You're right. Holding the Pats to a low score means nothing. Them Pats be garbage.

ORLY?

I can't wait for the season to start to watch the Patriots abuse the AFC East and watch Jet fan wonder what happened to this elite defense they keep talking about.

Clearly you weren't talking up the almighty Pats here.  It's amazing that you're so ******* stupid you don't even know what you are saying.

ORLY?

Clearly you weren't talking up the almighty Pats here.  It's amazing that you're so ******* stupid you don't even know what you are saying.

Wow, you do have a problem reading, can you not understand the difference between past and present, you understand that there's difference right?

I think the most important thing to note is that these are grown men, who make the intentional decision to come to the website of an opposing team's fanbase in order to provoke argument and incite aggravation... and they aren't good at it.

Like, at all.

It's one fail to decide to be a troll. It's a whole other tier of fail to put this much effort into it and not be good at it.

Trolls gotta be one-step ahead of the target, at least. They have to come across as believable. They have to sell their fallacy as something that holds enough logic to be considered as fact, in order to provoke the passionate counter argument and genuine frustration they seek.

These guys are the worst trolls I've ever seen. Like the guy who strikes out in slow pitch softball levels of pathetic.

Wow, you do have a problem reading, can you not understand the difference between past and present, you understand that there's difference right?

Hmmm...  interesting point; someone would obviously have to be real moron to attempt to use performances from the most recent NFL season as a means to evaluate a team, right?

Last I checked they graded out as an extremely average bunch last year.

The Jets elite defense gave up 27, and 37 points to the Bills!!!! They gave 38 and 37 points to the twin powerhouses of Tennessee and Oakland!!!!

Archived