The Revis Narrative in New England

Integrity28

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh boy. The return of Shasta. I haven't been this excited for something since Speed 2: Cruise Control.

From Speed 2: Cruise Control's Wikapedia page: "De Bont came up with the idea for the film after he had a recurring nightmare about a cruise ship crashing into an island."

More like De Bont came up with the idea for the film after he did a crap load of coke and had a recurring nightmare about a cruise ship crashing into an island.

With the contract signed by Peterson, the airwaves up here in NE are buzzing and the conversation piece du jour is how the Sherman and Peterson contracts are "setting the market", and how the Pats can probably retain Revis because he'll take less money to play for them.

The obvious counterpoint was made, about how Revis never leaves any money on the table. However, from what I could tolerate listening to, that counterpoint was left in the dust of the larger "play for Bill, Patriot Way, winning organization" narrative.

LMFAO 

It's July, we haven't seen a snap of football for 2014, and they are already toiling over if he'll re-sign in 2015. Amazing.

Rex and this team need to de-throne this putrid ******* organization once and for all. 

Wait, you're physically in New England? 

haha.jpg

Actually, he's half right. Revis won't hold out because it's a club option that won't be exercised. Revis will be a FA and will be playing elsewhere in '15.

He's 100% right. Either the Pats pay him $20M next year, or he'll be playing for the highest bidder. There will be no holding out.

Meh

I'm more concerned about Milliner getting spanked by Hill day after day

And it's definitely not possible that Hill is just that much better. It goes against ever agenda on this site to assume that Milliner might be an excellent corner being spanked by Hill a WR who might just be "getting it" coming into his all-important 3rd season.

I dont know, I never knew it, at least I dont think I did. My f'ing A.D.D. be acting up sometimes lol. 

lol, how dare you post on this website and not pay 100% attention to everything i say

Rex made Revis.  Tampa found that out and the Patriots will too.  They wont resign him, but some fool thinking he's Revis w/ Rex will next season, and so on and so on and so on.

Yeah Im sure when Revis was out there one on one with every top WR in the league and shut them down Rex was on the other end of a helmet mic telling Revis how to cover. Get off Rex's dick already

Short of the Patriots deciding they're really going to pay Revis that $20 million his contract technically calls for next years, I have absolutely no doubt he'll force them to cut his ass, even if he was strongly considering a return to the Pats next year.  If for nothing other than negotiating tactics, he'll want to be hitting the open market, particularly after those two contracts.  There's not a chance in hell Revis accepts a penny less per year than either of those guys without testing the market.

wont a lot of that have to do with his actual performance this year ? if he plays bad or just ordinary will he still cling to his Jets golden years ? Can he ? Should be interesting.

Not really commenting on Revis...Just figured this board likes to tie him to this point:

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/mlb-trade-deadline-salary-dump-dialogue/

The Braves are abandoning a 20-year-old stadium that they got more or less for free so that they can take nearly $400 million that was essentially stolen from Cobb County taxpayers in a smash-and-grab job. Mike Ilitch, the billionaire owner of the Detroit Tigers and Little Caesars, is taking $261.5 million from the city of Detroit for a new arena for the Red Wings. A billionaire, taking handouts from a city whose financial situation can best be described as “Thailand, 1997.

And even if it weren’t so hard for owners to lose money, why should you give a damn if they did? You shouldn’t, is the answer, because even if the owners of the Pirates or Marlins or Braves went under, they could sell the team back at an unimaginable markup. Donald Sterling’s punishment for being the villain in an Upton Sinclair novel is to sell the Clippers for 160 times what he paid for them, giving him a share of $2 billion with which to live out what remains of his life and tip the boatman more than two coins when it ends. We live in a world where the Milwaukee ****ing Bucks sold for $550 million. If a team does lose money, the owner can make it all back with one phone call.

I've been to Gillette many times. I've been battered with batteries by those clowns that call themselves fans. Those taint lickers can barely read, I am sure they can't work in IT.

You should have notified security. Kraft would throw them out for good.

IT isn't that picky anymore.

As long as New England has that 1st ballot Hall Of Famer at quarterback the Pats will be nearly impossible to uproot. All I know is its the Jets turn to next luck out and draft a Hall Of Fame signal caller-it's been 50 years now. The Fins have had 2 Griese and Marino

Bob Griese went from 1967-to 1980 and then

Dan Marino went from 1982-1999 that's 3 DECADES of high level QB play

The Bills had 11 years of Hall Of Famer Jim Kelly 4 Super Bowls 101 wins and 59 losses and a 60% passer

The Colts were in our division and drafted Peyton Manning another 1st ballot HoF QB

The Jets who did we have? Namath 1 guy and statistically had he not won that Super Bowl he wouldn't even BE a hall Of Famer. 

WE'RE DUE!!!!

As long as New England has that 1st ballot Hall Of Famer at quarterback the Pats will be nearly impossible to uproot. All I know is its the Jets turn to next luck out and draft a Hall Of Fame signal caller-it's been 50 years now. The Fins have had 2 Griese and Marino

Bob Griese went from 1967-to 1980 and then

Dan Marino went from 1982-1999 that's 3 DECADES of high level QB play

The Bills had 11 years of Hall Of Famer Jim Kelly 4 Super Bowls 101 wins and 59 losses and a 60% passer

The Colts were in our division and drafted Peyton Manning another 1st ballot HoF QB

The Jets who did we have? Namath 1 guy and statistically had he not won that Super Bowl he wouldn't even BE a hall Of Famer. 

WE'RE DUE!!!!

How self-loathing are you? Bob Griese is a deserving HoF'er and Namath isn't? Griese was the ultimate game manager. The most yards he ever threw for in a season was 2400, Namath only threw less than that in a full season once. Namath was a superstar, Griese was Czonka and Kiick's sidekick.

And Marino and Kelly never won squat, so there's that.

Shasta?

Is this what I think it is?

Has the internet's most vile "soul" reared it's hideous head right here on JN?

Wow you're still here? I thought you would have been kicked off this site just like your fellow jets fans gave you the boot from Jets insider.

I don't squeal.

I know they don't. Some big time morons in that field yet still too intelligent for them Pat fans.

The only other alternatives are to move, sit there and take it, or punch them out getting yourself tossed. Im not exercising those options for a seat that I paid for.

Wow you're still here? I thought you would have been kicked off this site just like your fellow jets fans gave you the boot from Jets insider.

I know. What's wrong with these people?

Where the hell have you been? Literally up an elephant's ass? Living as a sex slave in a Chinese opium den? What?

Yeah Im sure when Revis was out there one on one with every top WR in the league and shut them down Rex was on the other end of a helmet mic telling Revis how to cover. Get off Rex's dick already

Just like Rex told Mark Sanchez to throw all those picks amirite?  Can't have it both ways, Smash.

I know. What's wrong with these people?

Where the hell have you been? Literally up an elephant's ass? Living as a sex slave in a Chinese opium den? What?

Nothing that exciting, getting married, building a house, that sort of stuff. What's funny is that nothing in Jet fan world has changed since I've been away, they still haven't won anything, still talk like have, the offseason is still the best time of the year for Jets fans, and any rational Jet fan that might decide to post anything questioning, or in the slightest bit critical of the team or organization is attacked as a fake fan. It's is pure comedy gold.

Archived