Angry Jets ‘didn’t do too good’ and still won

Jetfan13

The Jets spent much of their film review Monday talking about flags, after drawing 11 of them in Sunday’s win over the Raiders.

The Jets looked at the 19-14 victory and thought about what might have been if they did not make so many mistakes.

“If we’re not beating ourselves, that game could have been over a long time ago,” guard Willie Colon said. “We kept them in the game with the penalties and the turnovers. We just have to play assignment, detailed football and no penalties. That’s the key.”

Colon was the worst offender when it came to the penalties, committing three.

“You just can’t have them,” Colon said. “You hurt the offense. I was just trying to be aggressive. The refs, they have a job to do and if you’re holding outside the frame, they’re going to call it. I was upset. I was embarrassed by it, but I have to clean it up.”

The Jets remained encouraged they piled up 402 yards in the game and are convinced they can do big things if they clean things up.

“You look at the numbers and you look at the points and you say well, we didn’t do too good,” tight end Jeff Cumberland said. “Then you look at the film and you see us moving the ball, moving the ball, moving the ball and it’s just little things here and there that we can critique and get better that.”

Rookie safety Calvin Pryor said watching his near-interception was painful. Pryor dropped a Derek Carr pass in the second quarter that looked like it could have been returned for a touchdown. Pryor said he’s glad he got the drop out of the way, and it won’t happen again.

“It definitely could have been a pick-six,” Pryor said. “I didn’t get too much grief about it. Next time it will be a different outcome.”

Jets coach Rex Ryan said he hopes CB Dee Milliner (ankle) can play this week. The Jets will know more if Milliner is able to practice at all on Wednesday. … Ryan on how his often-criticized cornerbacks played: “I know we’ve got major issues there,” he said, his voice heavy on sarcasm. “It’s been talked about forever, but you never heard me talk about it. To me, the game went how we thought it would and how we wanted it to go. We emphasized to our DBs how we had to make sure we protected the vertical passing game. I thought our guys did a great job. We had to come up and tackle well. I thought our guys did a tremendous job that way.”

Ryan avoided a question about Ray Rice, who he coached for one year in Baltimore. “Number one, I haven’t seen the video or whatever that came out. I think the questions are better suited for Baltimore than me,” he said.

When Officers Pac and Klecko hear that these guys have been talking negative about themselves, they are in for a serious citation.

Three things:

1. I am pleased the team is not happy with their sloppy performance.

2. Do NOT under any circumstances, lump me in with that Pennington loving mouth breather Pac.

3. Go screw yourself. 

I'll believe it after they beat the packers this weekend.....i fully expect to hear super bowl talk come monday.

What he'll answer some reporters question with "that's our goal, we want to win the SB this year, why not us" and watch everyone stumble over themselves to report that Rex is predicting SBs again?

blah blah blah

next time colon "gets aggressive" and costs the team 15 yards, he needs to be benched at least 1 series.  if it keeps happening, you bench him longer and longer until he loses his job

they are like kids, and the only meaningful thing you can take away is playing time

does rex have it in him ?

blah blah blah

next time colon "gets aggressive" and costs the team 15 yards, he needs to be benched at least 1 series.  if it keeps happening, you bench him longer and longer until he loses his job

they are like kids, and the only meaningful thing you can take away is playing time

does rex have it in him ?

So to punish Colon you'll weaken the line, risk a hit to your QB to appease fans?

This isn't a real solution. I'm sure it's being addressed. Sucks that there isn't someone who they can put in that can play as well or it would have happened by now.

So to punish Colon you'll weaken the line, risk a hit to your QB to appease fans?

This isn't a real solution. I'm sure it's being addressed. Sucks that there isn't someone who they can put in that can play as well or it would have happened by now.

it is a real solution.  a better solution than talking about it, which was my whole point.  I have no idea what you mean about appeasing fans.  Rex should be more concerned with his job.  idzik and woody know that sloppy play is a bad reflection on coaching.  the discipline and accountability  aspect of coaching

so I am suggesting more accountability and discipline

it is a real solution.  a better solution than talking about it, which was my whole point.  I have no idea what you mean about appeasing fans.  Rex should be more concerned with his job.  idzik and woody know that sloppy play is a bad reflection on coaching.  the discipline and accountability  aspect of coaching

so I am suggesting more accountability and discipline

Appeasing in that no coach is going to weaken him line to punish a player risking plays and his QBs health. He has to play the hand he is dealt and so far Colon gives him his best chance of winning. He plays up to now for that reason, if Rex has to worry about his job putting a backup that he's not comfortable with in as punishment isn't a better solution than working with him at practice. It's not like giving a 4 year old a time out.

Appeasing in that no coach is going to weaken him line to punish a player risking plays and his QBs health. He has to play the hand he is dealt and so far Colon gives him his best chance of winning. He plays up to now for that reason, if Rex has to worry about his job putting a backup that he's not comfortable with in as punishment isn't a better solution than working with him at practice. It's not like giving a 4 year old a time out.

that's why I suggested 1 series to start with.  The backups they dress on game day can handle that.  These guys are millionaires, the only way to get through to them is with playing time. 

Colon is a penalty machine, and it's why he isn't a steeler anymore.  If I'm HC, he gets his sh*t together or as parcells used to say with RB's who fumble, "he can be somebody elses guard"

that's why I suggested 1 series to start with.  The backups they dress on game day can handle that.  These guys are millionaires, the only way to get through to them is with playing time. 

Colon is a penalty machine, and it's why he isn't a steeler anymore.  If I'm HC, he gets his sh*t together or as parcells used to say with RB's who fumble, "he can be somebody elses guard"

It's an inevitability if he can't stop himself from costing the team. We'll see, not too sure what's a real penalty or what's a lesson at this point. But if there was an alternative, we'd see him on the field.

Archived