Dee Milliner practices for first time in 4 weeks

Jetlife33

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't is about 5 weeks since his injury? That's about when a minor high ankle sprain is expected back so it's about the right time for him to come back. I hope they're not rushing him for gb. I'd rather wait a week if things are iffy.

He was cleared about a week ago, but didn't practice. Rex was worried. So sounds like he was a bit behind schedule if anything.

He was cleared about a week ago, but didn't practice. Rex was worried. So sounds like he was a bit behind schedule if anything.

I kind of figured that Rex never intended on playing Milliner week 1 because he felt we could handle the Raiders without him and wanted  to make sure he got enough rest to be full strength for this stretch.

I kind of figured that Rex never intended on playing Milliner week 1 because he felt we could handle the Raiders without him and wanted  to make sure he got enough rest to be full strength for this stretch.

It sounded more like Milliner wasn't ready. That made Rex worried cause Dee was medically cleared to return to practice but couldn't.

I think you guys are blowing this sh*t way out of proportion.  These guys are always hurt.  NFL players that are not slightly dinged probably aren't playing.  Sure they should be careful not to let him have a set back, but the idea that one is guaranteed or they should keep him in bubble wrap until (fill in the blank of whatever opponent you prefer) is silly.  He is a player.  If he can play, let him play.  

I think you guys are blowing this sh*t way out of proportion.  These guys are always hurt.  NFL players that are not slightly dinged probably aren't playing.  Sure they should be careful not to let him have a set back, but the idea that one is guaranteed or they should keep him in bubble wrap until (fill in the blank of whatever opponent you prefer) is silly.  He is a player.  If he can play, let him play.  

I am with you. Especially since we still aren't sure he isn't much better than Walls.. who sucks.

Yes I get what you are saying but there are certain injuries that are more healable than others with rest. If you have a torn meniscus there is not anything that you can do during the season to heal it so if it can't get any worse you might as well play and deal with the pain. But sprained ankles are different. If you rest it longer it can fully heal, where as if you play on it while it is still not at full strength it can affect your play for a longer period of time. Roddy White is a perfect example of that from last year.

Yes I get what you are saying but there are certain injuries that are more healable than others with rest. If you have a torn meniscus there is not anything that you can do during the season to heal it so if it can't get any worse you might as well play and deal with the pain. But sprained ankles are different. If you rest it longer it can fully heal, where as if you play on it while it is still not at full strength it can affect your play for a longer period of time. Roddy White is a perfect example of that from last year.

I totally agree.  The issue is, not a single one of us has even the slightest idea how far along he is.  We are all acting like doctors and conceding this game is bullsh*t IMO.  One week may be a big deal or meaningless to his recovery.

I totally agree.  The issue is, not a single one of us has even the slightest idea how far along he is.  We are all acting like doctors and conceding this game is bullsh*t IMO.  One week may be a big deal or meaningless to his recovery.

I play a doctor on tv and I say Mr. Milliner is good to go.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not presently blowing anyone of any proportions, let alone blowing anyone's sh*t. Eww.

Still Vick doing the Harvin thing you know...

They think its the wild cat and there he goes. Use the same formation like last week...

I wouldn't be surprised if that's in the playbook. I saw a thing today where Chad Pennington was talking about the Vic "almost TD" to Decker. Saying that it was a beutiful play that is also the proper usage of a 'wildcat" type of play because it has the same effect on the rythem of the Geno as a hand off would.  Makes sense and I would not be against using Vick like that. I'm jsut afraid he would get hurt and then we're down to Simms being activated again.

• 04Tdw8uq_normal.jpeg DWAZ73 Dennis Waszak Jr.

Milliner was limited again, as were Bush and Colon. Edds didn't practice. Enemkpali was a full participant. #Jets

Archived