Ha Ha Clinton-Dix Responds to Rex Ryan.

Villain The Foe

This is why Rex is a buffoon.

Last week he used Austin Howard's trash talk as motivation against the Raiders, I guess it was enough motivation to almost lose to an inferior team because of penalties and turnovers, but then he goes and farts out of his mouth and acts exactly like Howard talking about the next opponent.... when will this boob learn... REX YOU AREN'T A ******* PLAYER.

Just stop.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clinton Dix looked horrible against the Seahawks. AND he's never been considered a guy that lays down the wood. 

Kid couldn't tackle fishing bait. He'd make a great matador, though. 

12Lockettevsclinton.gif

Clinton Dix looked horrible against the Seahawks. AND he's never been considered a guy that lays down the wood. 

Kid couldn't tackle fishing bait. He'd make a great matador, though. 

12Lockettevsclinton.gif

Picture perfect message boarding.  POW NOM

Last week he used Austin Howard's trash talk as motivation against the Raiders, I guess it was enough motivation to almost lose to an inferior team because of penalties and turnovers, but then he goes and farts out of his mouth and acts exactly like Howard talking about the next opponent.... when will this boob learn... REX YOU AREN'T A ******* PLAYER.

This is why I love Rex. Because he bothers uptight Jets fans like you. Rex gets his players motivated for every game. 

GFY it's the truth.

Rex couldn't wait to get in front of a microphone to cry about how Austin Howard said this/that about the Jets, but then 2 days later he's doing the same thing. He's a moron.

I know you know this, but for some reason you're kinda acting like you dont. 

This is all MOTIVATION on Rex's part. But for the record, Howard made a comment about how he and his line was going to push us around. Rex didnt make a comment, that I seen at least, stating that the Jets were going to push anyone around. He simply said that he had the opportunity for both guys, and he picked the guy who supplied the wood. Did I miss something? 

GFY it's the truth.

Rex couldn't wait to get in front of a microphone to cry about how Austin Howard said this/that about the Jets, but then 2 days later he's doing the same thing. He's a moron.

Lol he was flat out asked why he chose one player over the other, he didn't just offer it up. He's not an articulate fella, he gave his honest answer and in turn said they would have been fortunate to land either player. It's a non-issue. 

GFY it's the truth.

Rex made an honest comment about why he took one over the other. He spoke the truth and SOJF's like yourself use it as a reason to spew your hate towards Rex. 

:hand:

He was asked what he thought of Dix. He praised him and then said why he chose his guy. 

Stop buying into the hype. 

This is why I love Rex. Because he bothers uptight Jets fans like you. Rex gets his players motivated for every game. 

LOL, I'm super uptight.

I'll take discipline, fundamentals and ever-present drive  over Rex's brand of "motivation"... his "let's all headbutt our lockers" brand of "motivation" gets us a sloppy team that cannot stay "up" from one game to the next, hence the ridiculously inconsistent track record of his teams.

Not to mention... It's a really sad state of affairs that we've pretty much given up on expecting both from a Rex Ryan football team. We can't have a high-functioning football team that is ALSO motivated? No. We're okay with sh*t play, as long as the soundbytes make us say "can't wait".

Lol he was flat out asked why he chose one player over the other, he didn't just offer it up. He's not an articulate fella, he gave his honest answer and in turn said they would have been fortunate to land either player. It's a non-issue. 

The media makes it an issue.

He took a pot-shot at Dix. He's been a coach for 5+ years. He should know by now how not to enable the media.

LOL, I'm super uptight.

I'll take discipline, fundamentals and ever-present drive  over Rex's brand of "motivation"... his "let's all headbutt our lockers" brand of "motivation" gets us a sloppy team that cannot stay "up" from one game to the next, hence the ridiculously inconsistent track record of his teams.

Not to mention... It's a really sad state of affairs that we've pretty much given up on expecting both from a Rex Ryan football team. We can't have a high-functioning football team that is ALSO motivated? No. We're okay with sh*t play, as long as the soundbytes make us say "can't wait".

If what Rex said is needed by Dix to get up for the game, there's something wrong with Dix.

If what Rex said is needed by Dix to get up for the game, there's something wrong with Dix.

If what Austin Howard said is needed by Rex and the entire Jets team to get motivated, then there is something wrong with the coach and team that plays for him.

LOL, I'm super uptight.

Yet there's something about him that even had a guy who didnt even hire him in Idzik keep him around. Trust me, keeping him at the beginning of last year was all Woody, extending him was Idzik. This isn't some low IQ Jock coach. He may sound like it in his interviews but the guy has great football intelligence. He's not perfect but with what he knows along with his ability to get the best out of every player and Idzik completely ignore knee-jerk fans who want every over priced free agent CB, Rex Ryan will be a winner once again in this town, but for the long haul because these will be actual "Jet players" and not "rent-a-team" players. 

I know you know this, but for some reason you're kinda acting like you dont. 

This is all MOTIVATION on Rex's part. But for the record, Howard made a comment about how he and his line was going to push us around. Rex didnt make a comment, that I seen at least, stating that the Jets were going to push anyone around. He simply said that he had the opportunity for both guys, and he picked the guy who supplied the wood. Did I miss something? 

No, instead Rex implied Dix couldn't do the one thing that every football player should be able to do... hit people. He basically called him a pussy.

If what Austin Howard said is needed by Rex and the entire Jets team to get motivated, then there is something wrong with the coach and team that plays for him.

I don't get the problem - this has been a coaching tactic by a kazillion coaches through out time - so what?

Yet there's something about him that even had a guy who didnt even hire him in Idzik keep him around. Trust me, keeping him at the beginning of last year was all Woody, extending him was Idzik. This isn't some low IQ Jock coach. He may sound like it in his interviews but the guy has great football intelligence. He's not perfect but with what he knows along with his ability to get the best out of every player and Idzik completely ignore knee-jerk fans who want every over priced free agent CB, Rex Ryan will be a winner once again in this town, but for the long haul because these will be actual "Jet players" and not "rent-a-team" players. 

Am I saying "fire Rex"? 

No.

I'm saying Rex is an idiot. Because, Rex is an idiot. I'm also calling bullsh*t on the double-standard of trash talk as motivation. See post #51

GFY it's the truth.

LOL, I'm super uptight.

The media makes it an issue.

He took a pot-shot at Dix. He's been a coach for 5+ years. He should know by now how not to enable the media.

LOL What "hype" am I buying into? 

LOL

Shut up.

No, instead Rex implied Dix couldn't do the one thing that every football player should be able to do... hit people. He basically called him a pussy.

Am I saying "fire Rex"? 

No.

I'm saying Rex is an idiot. Because, Rex is an idiot. I'm also calling bullsh*t on the double-standard of trash talk as motivation. See post #51

Is there a "master motivation" trophy I don't know about?

Holy sh*t!!! I honestly didn't realize you had this kinda ****ed up issue with Rex. You might want to see a counselor.

No he didnt. 

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/Rex-Ryan-high-on-running-game-QB-and-Calvin-Pryor/ce544098-0378-4786-9df2-6153ec1fb6a5

Here you go, because it doesnt seem like you heard the statement verbatim. 

The actual quote:

“Both guys are excellent players. We would have been happy with either guy, but I took the guy that will knock your face in,” Ryan said.

He referred to Clinton-Dix as an excellent player that he would've been happy to have. Then answered the question honestly. Did the guy they called the Louisville Slugger in college have a reputation for hitting people? I forget. 

But let's manufacture an issue here, lol. 

The actual quote:

“Both guys are excellent players. We would have been happy with either guy, but I took the guy that will knock your face in,” Ryan said.

He referred to Clinton-Dix as an excellent player that he would've been happy to have. Then answered the question honestly. Did the guy they called the Louisville Slugger in college have a reputation for hitting people? I forget.

But let's manufacture an issue here, lol.

Pimping his guy over Clinton-Dix is fine, but I hate him saying "I" took the guy who... Seems he either misspoke or he still has more juice in the war room than we thought.

Pimping his guy over Clinton-Dix is fine, but I hate him saying "I" took the guy who... Seems he either misspoke or he still has more juice in the war room than we thought.

I guess its plausible the Jets had Dix and Pryor as the BAP there and they let Rex have final call. 

I'm surprised he didn't say "we," but I guess he was asked why "you" took him, and answered accordingly. Or maybe he does have more say than we thought...

What if Brandin Cooks and Pryor were the next two guys at BAP?

Ehh, still think we took the right player.  I liked Cooks a lot coming out and think he's going to be a very good player, but Pryor seems like he has the Bob Sanders ability to just change a defense.  Could be the hype, but kid seems special; already grasped a complex playbook before week 1 and for all intents and purposes seems to want to be great and willing to put in the work.

Archived