Ha Ha Clinton-Dix Responds to Rex Ryan.

Villain The Foe

Clinton Dix looked horrible against the Seahawks. AND he's never been considered a guy that lays down the wood. 

Kid couldn't tackle fishing bait. He'd make a great matador, though. 

12Lockettevsclinton.gif

watch Clinton Dix get a 15 yard personal foul penalty trying to prove his point.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFY it's the truth.

Rex couldn't wait to get in front of a microphone to cry about how Austin Howard said this/that about the Jets, but then 2 days later he's doing the same thing. He's a moron.

Other than that's not what he did, sounds good.

He talked up Pryor, didn't say HaHa sucked or was soft.

After years (decades?) of at best, average Safety play, consider the day that Allen moves back to Safety and we have him and Pryor back there.  For once it will be a unit of strength. 

We just need another draft or two, so we can spend our #1 picks on corners.. and we should be golden!

Am I saying "fire Rex"? 

No.

I'm saying Rex is an idiot. Because, Rex is an idiot. I'm also calling bullsh*t on the double-standard of trash talk as motivation. See post #51

Rex starts trash talking and if the other team responds he cries disrespect. If the other team doesnt respond he cries disrespect.

Then the players supposeldly rally around Rex vowing to avenge the misjustice. Friggin soap opera.

Ehh, still think we took the right player. I liked Cooks a lot coming out and think he's going to be a very good player, but Pryor seems like he has the Bob Sanders ability to just change a defense. Could be the hype, but kid seems special; already grasped a complex playbook before week 1 and for all intents and purposes seems to want to be great and willing to put in the work.

And Cooks looks like he's going to put up 100 catches and 10+ TDs this year. Obviously, it has to play out.

Rex starts trash talking and if the other team responds he cries disrespect. If the other team doesnt respond he cries disrespect.

Then the players supposeldly rally around Rex vowing to avenge the misjustice. Friggin soap opera.

Shouldn't you be worrying about why your $12 million CB got smoked by a mediocre receiver? 

And Cooks looks like he's going to put up 100 catches and 10+ TDs this year. Obviously, it has to play out.

What Cooks might do playing with Drew Brees in a dome really has little to do with what he might've done with Geno in a Jersey swamp. Really, just like we expect dwindling returns from Decker's Peyton Manning days. He could -and perhaps will- go on to have a great career, but I really don't think he was even a consideration for the Jets in the first round. I think for the price, they preferred Jalen Saunders in the fourth. And maybe that's a mistake, too, but I just don't think Cooks was on their radar at all. I think their interest in Tavon Austin and his subsequent subpar rookie year might've had something to do with that.

OTOH, they would've loved ODB, and he can't even get on the field. WR is a tough position to draft in round one.

Meanwhile, Pryor looks like a stud right out of the gate.

LOL, I'm super uptight.

I'll take discipline, fundamentals and ever-present drive  over Rex's brand of "motivation"... his "let's all headbutt our lockers" brand of "motivation" gets us a sloppy team that cannot stay "up" from one game to the next, hence the ridiculously inconsistent track record of his teams.

Not to mention... It's a really sad state of affairs that we've pretty much given up on expecting both from a Rex Ryan football team. We can't have a high-functioning football team that is ALSO motivated? No. We're okay with sh*t play, as long as the soundbytes make us say "can't wait".

You will need a lot of motivation to beat in the playoff Payton and Brady back to back on the road with a below mediocre QB and almost zero pass rush. 

What Cooks might do playing with Drew Brees in a dome really has little to do with what he might've done with Geno in a Jersey swamp. Really, just like we expect dwindling returns from Decker's Peyton Manning days. He could -and perhaps will- go on to have a great career, but I really don't think he was even a consideration for the Jets in the first round. I think for the price, they preferred Jalen Saunders in the fourth. And maybe that's a mistake, too, but I just don't think Cooks was on their radar at all. I think their interest in Tavon Austin and his subsequent subpar rookie year might've had something to do with that.

OTOH, they would've loved ODB, and he can't even get on the field. WR is a tough position to draft in round one.

Meanwhile, Pryor looks like a stud right out of the gate.

I'm not bemoaning the pick of Pryor over Cooks, just positing the inherent problem in (possibly?) giving Rex enough of a say in the draft process that he would use the phrase "I took..."

I'm not bemoaning the pick of Pryor over Cooks, just positing the inherent problem in (possibly?) giving Rex enough of a say in the draft process that he would use the phrase "I took..."

Yeah, I know. I still think Idzik and Rex are on the same page. Different personalities, obviously, but very similar philosophies.

I can't believe this thread is still going.  This is one of those deals where the Ape trolls around and then either he was just joking or he was "exposing the hypocrisy of the board."  Either way it can get pretty dreary.   

C'mon, Shane.  That is just how Rex is. The Jets are "I"  Your conspiracy theories and generally pessimism are getting the better of you.  I think Cooks probably was on their radar, but they probably saw the #1 safety as a better pick than whatever WR Cooks was, especially with so many WR in the class.  The way they picked up Powell and he went before Enunwa.  

It always cracks me up when the Ape complains about Rex's mouth. Considering the Ape is the biggest sh*t talking, blustering, blow hard on the site.

That and this is a total nonissue made this thread fun to read considering he complimented HaHa.

Only person who was repping him was PR37.  That was the funniest part to me.

I can't believe this thread is still going. This is one of those deals where the Ape trolls around and then either he was just joking or he was "exposing the hypocrisy of the board." Either way it can get pretty dreary.

C'mon, Shane. That is just how Rex is. The Jets are "I" Your conspiracy theories and generally pessimism are getting the better of you. I think Cooks probably was on their radar, but they probably saw the #1 safety as a better pick than whatever WR Cooks was, especially with so many WR in the class. The way they picked up Powell and he went before Enunwa.

Probably. Just a little taken aback by the pronoun there, combined with watching the Saints-Falcons replay on NFLN.

Then the players supposeldly rally around Rex vowing to avenge the misjustice. Friggin soap opera.

Quote the trash talk that you think he used here.

Where did the "disrespect" come in? Or Rex crying disrespect.

Should be interesting.

I'm surprised he didn't say "we," but I guess he was asked why "you" took him, and answered accordingly. Or maybe he does have more say than we thought...

Rex is the type of guy where if things are going well it is "I", and if things are going poorly it is "they".

Sporano, Schotty, Sanchez, Tanny... all part of the "they".

Archived