Falling sky

Section 333

For all you "this game can get ugly" and "the sky is falling" types, do you realize that going back to last year the Lions have lost 4 in a row on the road? And are 2-6 over the last 8?

For all the negatives we have seen so far, we have also seen positives. We obviously need to fix the broken red zone O, and the bad turnovers.

We win the TO battle on Sunday no way we lose. It is time to get back to the basics. I think we will run the ball 35 times. Rex will make sure of that. I am very excited how Ivory has run the ball. Going away from him has been nothing short of moronic.

This will be a tight game. But if we don't beat ourselves, we beat this team at home. There are deficiencies in this roster yes. I believe rex will overcome them on D and put together a nice defensive game plan. Same goes for the O. He is coaching for his job. No way he lets Marty drop Geno back another 50 times. Run the ball, keep Stafford off the field, win the TO battle and we take this.

As much as most folks here love to rip Idzik , this team could be 3-0. I get the CB issue. I get the WR issue. But reading these forums one would think Cutler and Rodgers just threw 7 tds a piece against us. We limit mistakes and run the ball we will be 2-2 headed to SD. Save all your sky is falling for that game. Because even my overly optimistic nature has a tough time being positive about that one.

Last year our 8-8 record was deceiving cause we got extremely lucky a few times to win. This year we aren't catching those breaks. Bad coaching, bad corner play, terrible turnovers. We could be 3-0, but we're not. This season could get real ugly real quick. I am still trying to be optimistic as there have been a few good signs, but we need to pull our head out of our asses and put things together. This is the NFL. There is no learning curve. Even if the sh*ttiest team is dangerous. Well, maybe not Jacksonville but still. 

Last year our 8-8 record was deceiving cause we got extremely lucky a few times to win. This year we aren't catching those breaks. Bad coaching, bad corner play, terrible turnovers. We could be 3-0, but we're not. This season could get real ugly real quick. I am still trying to be optimistic as there have been a few good signs, but we need to pull our head out of our asses and put things together. This is the NFL. There is no learning curve. Even if the sh*ttiest team is dangerous. Well, maybe not Jacksonville but still. 

I agree.  It is still September so there is plenty of time to right the ship, but man its been frustrating watching this team hand games to their opponents.  We tried to do it all three weeks, but the Raiders just weren't good enough to take advantage of all the Jet mistakes in week 1.  The most frustrating part about this team is that there have been stretches of really good play on both sides of the ball in each game -- but there have also been stretches of bad play and boneheaded screw ups. 

In each game, we have seen how good this team can be, but we have also seen how bad this team can be.  Still, its only two losses, and there are 13 more games to play -- so I am trying to remain optimistic.

The sky is exactly right where I expected it to be.  It just seems little closer because they should be 3-0 despite how talent starved they are, so its a little more frustrating than your usual Jets loss.  

1-2 certainly isnt the end of the world but this season was never about the record, its always been and remains to be about the progression of Geno Smith and the dominance of the DL. Which both seem positive for the most part, so I'm actually pleased from that perspective, its just the team is talent starved and thats sucks from a fans perspective.  If we're going to suck, at least have a few players who are exciting to watch.  Outside of Ivory, they dont have that in any single player.  Kind of sucks.

Every team that doesn't have a franchise type QB in this league sucks. We play somewhere in between the 1st and 2nd half of the GB game and we suck less than most of the teams on that list. Buffalo, Miami, Baltimore, Cleveland, Houston, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Oakland, Dallas, Giants, Washington, Minnesota, Tampa Bay and St Louis all suck. Including Oakland we play 7 games vs this list.

For all you "this game can get ugly" and "the sky is falling" types, do you realize that going back to last year the Lions have lost 4 in a row on the road? And are 2-6 over the last 8?

For all the negatives we have seen so far, we have also seen positives. We obviously need to fix the broken red zone O, and the bad turnovers.

We win the TO battle on Sunday no way we lose. It is time to get back to the basics. I think we will run the ball 35 times. Rex will make sure of that. I am very excited how Ivory has run the ball. Going away from him has been nothing short of moronic.

This will be a tight game. But if we don't beat ourselves, we beat this team at home. There are deficiencies in this roster yes. I believe rex will overcome them on D and put together a nice defensive game plan. Same goes for the O. He is coaching for his job. No way he lets Marty drop Geno back another 50 times. Run the ball, keep Stafford off the field, win the TO battle and we take this.

As much as most folks here love to rip Idzik , this team could be 3-0. I get the CB issue. I get the WR issue. But reading these forums one would think Cutler and Rodgers just threw 7 tds a piece against us. We limit mistakes and run the ball we will be 2-2 headed to SD. Save all your sky is falling for that game. Because even my overly optimistic nature has a tough time being positive about that one.

This is the worst possible matchup for the Jets. A team that specializes in stopping the run and has a very good passing offense. Unless those zero blitzes can rattle Stafford, we're in trouble, especially if Eric Decker is out.

The sky is exactly right where I expected it to be.  It just seems little closer because they should be 3-0 despite how talent starved they are, so its a little more frustrating than your usual Jets loss.  

1-2 certainly isnt the end of the world but this season was never about the record, its always been and remains to be about the progression of Geno Smith and the dominance of the DL. Which both seem positive for the most part, so I'm actually pleased from that perspective, its just the team is talent starved and thats sucks from a fans perspective.  If we're going to suck, at least have a few players who are exciting to watch.  Outside of Ivory, they dont have that in any single player.  Kind of sucks.

The losses keep piling up like they certainly can with Lions, at Chargers, Broncos and Pats on tap, this team has a very good chance to go into the toilet. They already had one feel good run last year where they celebrated going 8-8, no way can the players be expected to fight hard for a regime that has seen fit to leave them 21 mil under the cap and force them to participate in Geno Tryout Year Number Two.

This is the worst possible matchup for the Jets. A team that specializes in stopping the run and has a very good passing offense. Unless those zero blitzes can rattle Stafford, we're in trouble, especially if Eric Decker is out.

Stafford isn't a good QB. He's throwing to Megratron in a dome, and still has numbers similar to Geno.

Every team that doesn't have a franchise type QB in this league sucks. We play somewhere in between the 1st and 2nd half of the GB game and we suck less than most of the teams on that list. Buffalo, Miami, Baltimore, Cleveland, Houston, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Oakland, Dallas, Giants, Washington, Minnesota, Tampa Bay and St Louis all suck. Including Oakland we play 7 games vs this list.

The Jets will have at least 5 losses before the bye.

Rain is in the forecast.

Stafford isn't a good QB. He's throwing to Megratron in a dome, and still has numbers similar to Geno.

Well that's why I mentioned him, although, do you really like the matchups of Megatron and Tate vs our receivers? Cutler wasn't spectacular last week and we managed to stay in the game, but the Lions defense is much better than the Bears, it seems. They just shut down the Packers. How are they going to fare against Geno and the receivers he's throwing to without Decker?

Well that's why I mentioned him, although, do you really like the matchups of Megatron and Tate vs our receivers? Cutler wasn't spectacular last week and we managed to stay in the game, but the Lions defense is much better than the Bears, it seems. They just shut down the Packers. How are they going to fare against Geno and the receivers he's throwing to without Decker?

And why wasn't Cutler spectacular last week. I'll answer. He Was On The Road And We Pressured Him For the Most part. I'm sorry I'm not gonna get on this bandwagon theme around here where we quiver at the sight of 1st Cobb and Nelson. Then Alshon and Marshall. Now Tate and Megatron. Next Allen and Floyd. We are not 1-2 solely because of our CB play!

Well, their receivers don't match up with our receivers, but I get your point. I'm not impressed with Stafford at all, and haven't been since he came into the league. I honestly think if they'd taken Sanchez instead that he'd be having a similar career up there. I think the Jets front can rattle him, and maybe even send him to the sidelines.

The Jets have been extremely competitive the last two weeks, but undone by inexplicable penalties, a phantom timeout, and a few bad turnovers. If they can get their crap together on the penalty and turnover front, there's no reason they can't run with this team.

If Decker is out, it's a huge blow. The Lions are stout up front, and the Jets are going to have to throw the ball if they expect to move the ball. I'll be hoping to see more Salas and Kerley, and less Nelson. Maybe see Amaro take a giant step. It's a task. They're going to have to have a precision short passing game to neutralize the Lions up front. But the Lions aren't a good road team, and the Jets are (usually) better at home.

The losses keep piling up like they certainly can with Lions, at Chargers, Broncos and Pats on tap, this team has a very good chance to go into the toilet. They already had one feel good run last year where they celebrated going 8-8, no way can the players be expected to fight hard for a regime that has seen fit to leave them 21 mil under the cap and force them to participate in Geno Tryout Year Number Two.

I fully expect to be 1-5 but again, this season was never about the record but rather the development of the future keys to success (Geno, DL, Rookies/2nd year players).

And this team with fight hard for Rex.  They always do.  They're just not very talent so it really doesnt matter.  Knife to a gun fight, etc.

I fully expect to be 1-5 but again, this season was never about the record but rather the development of the future keys to success (Geno, DL, Rookies/2nd year players).

And this team with fight hard for Rex.  They always do.  They're just not very talent so it really doesnt matter.  Knife to a gun fight, etc.

LOL, the perfect Jets fan... you are completely bought into the notion of a "3 year plan towards hope".

Like our offense and defense, this is an antiquated way of looking at this sport. Woody wins.

LOL, the perfect Jets fan... you are completely bought into the notion of a "3 year plan towards hope".

Like our offense and defense, this is an antiquated way of looking at this sport. Woody wins.

So... Idzik sucks?

It's his second year and the Jets have the lowest payroll in the league. Doesn't look like he had any sense of urgency at all to win now.

Says the guy who has "I love it when Idzick's plan comes together" above his Avatar and totally had the Jets in the Super Bowl this season.

the Jets are 7-3 at home going back to last year. They were 7-2 before last week. They will be 7-4 after this week. 

So... Idzik sucks?

It's his second year and the Jets have the lowest payroll in the league. Doesn't look like he had any sense of urgency at all to win now.

You are misinterpreting. 

It has nothing to do with Idzik, it is the idea that fans will shelve their expectations for 3 years at the promise of a rebuilt team that never materializes. It is the biggest con in professional sports, imo.

I credit Idzik, because it appears he really is executing on a 3-year rebuild plan, but for the most part you only hear the promise of rebuild, without ever seeing it. If he delivers on it, he'd be the exception. I'm skeptical, not by nature, but because it's the Jets.

Says the guy who has "I love it when Idzick's plan comes together" above his Avatar and totally had the Jets in the Super Bowl this season.

I put that there to troll the whiners.

I never said anything about the SB, don't make me Pac your face.

At this point all we have is hope. They should have won the last two games and they did not. Phanom Time Out, not being able to hold an 18 point lead, another pick six, a muffed punt and a slew of penaties. All this tells me is the team is undisciplined....bad penalties and bad luck has gotten the team to 1-2. The Jets definately SHOULD have beaten GB and they should have taken Chicago to OT. Now they have a shot to redeem the team against the Lions. Its funny, I look at the Lions and SD and I see two winable games. The Jets do well against SD for some reason. I remember a few years ago we were headed to SD and everyone was saying how they were gonna beat us down and we came away with the win. Let's not lose hope until we are mathematically eliminated. This team is not the Raiders or Jags...we have hope to do way better than we did last year.

LL

At this point all we have is hope. They should have won the last two games and they did not. Phanom Time Out, not being able to hold an 18 point lead, another pick six, a muffed punt and a slew of penaties. All this tells me is the team is undisciplined....bad penalties and bad luck has gotten the team to 1-2. The Jets definately SHOULD have beaten GB and they should have taken Chicago to OT. Now they have a shot to redeem the team against the Lions. Its funny, I look at the Lions and SD and I see two winable games. The Jets do well against SD for some reason. I remember a few years ago we were headed to SD and everyone was saying how they were gonna beat us down and we came away with the win. Let's not lose hope until we are mathematically eliminated. This team is not the Raiders or Jags...we have hope to do way better than we did last year.

LL

Agreed. Mental mistakes are killing this team. Penalties and bad decisions from our Qb and some rookie mistakes(Saunders fumble). I am not expecting a championship this season but Rex needs to get this type of stuff straightened out. That is on his shoulders. I think he gets alot out of his players but if he is able to get a grip on this he could win the close games and maybe keep his job.

you do realize that if the Jets lose this game on Sunday that, given the schedule and the bizarre things that happen to the Jets, we're staring down the gun at 1-7, right?

Archived