John Idzik: MERGED

detjetsfan69

Rex has no problem taking the blame but this season is not his fault .. he might not be the best head coach but he was and still is the best defensive coordinator in the NFL

Which is why, throughout his tenure, and not just in the "bad years," the defense has always been so stout at the end of a half and on third and long.

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rec Ryan's first year and second year as a head coach led the jets to back to back AFC championship games with mark Sanchez at qb besides geno you can't get any worse than mark and we still went to AFC championship games back to back years if we had let's say a Carson Palmer or tony Romo or matt Ryan at qb not a great qb but a solid productive qb we would easily have 2 more super bowl wins under our belt .. so don't rip rec Ryan he took a 4-12 team and marched all the way to the AFC championship game the very next year with a less than average qb

Jets were 9-7 in 2008 not 4-12

Rex is a great coach I don't understand why you people don't like him

rex is far from a great coach, but he is not the problem, for this season anyways. this is a 1-5 team talent wise. there isn't a coach alive that could have squeezed another win out of this jv team.

he might not be the best head coach but he was and still is the best defensive coordinator in the NFL

Then let him be a Defensive Coordinator.  But probably not here.  It's crystal clear this organization needs as clean of a sweep as possible.  If only that could begin with Woody selling the team.

rex is far from a great coach, but he is not the problem, for this season anyways. this is a 1-5 team talent wise. there isn't a coach alive that could have squeezed another win out of this jv team.

That would be my challenge as well.

What other HC, living or deceased, would have this dung pile roster winning more than 3 games?

Rex is far from a great HC who sometimes functions as close to a good one - but despite some posters delusions, this is a horrifically staffed football team. 

Exactly. The back to back AFC Title games, IMO, are credited to Mangini. Those were the teams he put together. 

mangini didn't build anything, tanny did. are you trying to say the 2009 roster was of championship game quality? for all of rex's shenanigans, at least give credit when credit is due. rex came in and delivered the number 1 defense, found a way to sneak into the play offs, win 2 underdog road play off games, and stay competitive till the 2nd half of the championship game, luck be damned. all with a bum rookie qb and no receivers. come on,man!! you want to sh*t on rex for anything after the san diego play off game in 2010, feel free. anything else is nonsense

mangini didn't build anything, tanny did. are you trying to say the 2009 roster was of championship game quality? for all of rex's shenanigans, at least give credit when credit is due. rex came in and delivered the number 1 defense, found a way to sneak into the play offs, win 2 underdog road play off games, and stay competitive till the 2nd half of the championship game, luck be damned. all with a bum rookie qb and no receivers. come on,man!! you want to sh*t on rex for anything after the san diego play off game in 2010, feel free. anything else is nonsense

lol tanny? who suddenly couldn't draft anybody with an offensive skill set when rex became coach?

on a side note I don't understand the marty hatred. the reason why they can't run the football is because teams don't respect the pass. It's not like calling 50 run plays a game would work awesome. Marty seems to be a good OC, at least from what I can tell. 

Thanks to our OC and our GM we

are on pace for our worst season

In Ny jets/titans history

not till wrecks is gone first

idzik needs a chance to hire his own guy

MM needs a chance with a new coach  can't blame MM he brings a spoon (geno) to a gun (other qb's) fight  every game

What other HC, living or deceased, would have this dung pile roster winning more than 3 games?

Rex is far from a great HC who sometimes functions as close to a good one - but despite some posters delusions, this is a horrifically staffed football team.

every jet win= historical great coaching by Rex ...every loss = someone else's fault...wow this gets worse by the day.

all I am saying is if I were to be given the power to fire 1 front office member, and 1 front office member ONLY, it wouldn't be rex. if you want to clean house, that is another story

Rec Ryan's first year and second year as a head coach led the jets to back to back AFC championship games with mark Sanchez at qb besides geno you can't get any worse than mark and we still went to AFC championship games back to back years if we had let's say a Carson Palmer or tony Romo or matt Ryan at qb not a great qb but a solid productive qb we would easily have 2 more super bowl wins under our belt .. so don't rip rec Ryan he took a 4-12 team and marched all the way to the AFC championship game the very next year with a less than average qb

that was mangini's roster wrecks just had to add his touch to the defense........since then he has had input in bringing in players as dumb as him which is why we see the no accountability and penalties.

lol tanny? who suddenly couldn't draft anybody with an offensive skill set when rex became coach?

lol at you. all rex could do is influence. ultimately, its the gms job to buy the groceries. which world beater offensive players has tanny drafted before rex? I will waite for your response

not till wrecks is gone first

idzik needs a chance to hire his own guy

MM needs a chance with a new coach  can't blame MM he brings a spoon (geno) to a gun (other qb's) fight  every game

which move from idzik over the past 2 years would give you hope that rex is holding him back? all idzik does is supply the team with spoons. and bent spoons at that

on a side note I don't understand the marty hatred. the reason why they can't run the football is because teams don't respect the pass. It's not like calling 50 run plays a game would work awesome. Marty seems to be a good OC, at least from what I can tell. 

yes, I don't see where marty is the problem. nobody calls a perfect game, especially not with this high powered offensive juggernaut

lol at you. all rex could do is influence. ultimately, its the gms job to buy the groceries. which world beater offensive players has tanny drafted before rex? I will waite for your response

leon washington

shonn green

d'brick

mangold

brad smith

drew coleman

mevis

and david harris

granted a few have become better after leaving the jets but still more are still here.

Rex has no problem taking the blame but this season is not his fault .. he might not be the best head coach but he was and still is the best defensive coordinator in the NFL

Look at the Jets Points Against vs. the rest of the division, conference, league.  He is far from the best anything.  That ship sailed two years ago. 

which move from idzik over the past 2 years would give you hope that rex is holding him back? all idzik does is supply the team with spoons. and bent spoons at that

that he is smart enough to know that wilkerson is in for a huge payday, and if he wants to keep richardson and shelton he is going to need to make the cap workable not just for this year and next but the future so we don't run into cap trouble again.

I also believe idzik gets a chance to learn from his mistakes after all wrecks has 6 years to learn from his and still has not.

leon washington

shonn green

d'brick

mangold

brad smith

drew coleman

mevis

and david harris

granted a few have become better after leaving the jets but still more are still here.

brick and mangold were no brainers. brad smith and shone green? I was hoping you could do better than that. coleman,revis, and harris- they truly are world beaters on offense

brick and mangold were no brainers. brad smith and shone green? I was hoping you could do better than that. coleman,revis, and harris- they truly are world beaters on offense

brad smith and shonn green were great for us without them we don't make it to the playoffs in 2008.

He's providing spoons to a coach who eats with his hands.

It is well documented that he's done more than influence. He and others are on-record about him hand-picking players, he's also on-record washing his hands of accountability for other picks. If he gets to denounce some picks, it implies he makes others. 

that he is smart enough to know that wilkerson is in for a huge payday, and if he wants to keep richardson and shelton he is going to need to make the cap workable not just for this year and next but the future so we don't run into cap trouble again.

I also believe idzik gets a chance to learn from his mistakes after all wrecks has 6 years to learn from his and still has not.

I could keep this jets team under the cap just fine. so could you. field a dog dick team year after year and the jets will have plenty of cap space. idzik created most of the cap space with 3 no-brainer cuts that any 10 year old would make. again, what moves has idzik made that leads you to believe its rex and not john idzik? what moves has john idzik made to where he deserves more time to learn from? what moves has idzik made that leads you or anybody to believe he is even qualified for this job? john idzik deservs more time because rex got 6 years? thats exactly the thinking that got the jets into this terrible situation in the first place

i think Vegas had the jets over - under at 8 or 8.5.....I hope you banked all that easy cash

Exactly. The back to back AFC Title games, IMO, are credited to Mangini. Those were the teams he put together.

That team was 9-7 only because of Brett Favre. And as soon as Brett Favre got hurt, they went into the toilet. Rex didn't inherit Brett Favre.

Archived