John Idzik: MERGED

detjetsfan69

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great minds think alike its not Rex's fault Woody needs to sell the team and Idzik and MM fired

So Rex can still succeed.....if we give him a new (his 2nd) Owner, a new (his 3rd) General manager, a new (his 4th) Offensive Coordinator and an entire roster of new talent.

Is it possible that a simpler solution might be to hire a different Head Coach, and see if that works?

So Rex can still succeed.....if we give him a new (his 2nd) Owner, a new (his 3rd) General manager, a new (his 4th) Offensive Coordinator and an entire roster of new talent.

Is it possible that a simpler solution might be to hire a different Head Coach, and see if that works?

Forget it Warfish, it's Chinatown.

Rex succeeded 2009-2010 2 AFC Championship game appearances most success here in a long time then the roster started dwindling and we were picking up scrub players namely WRs Sanchez failed and Geno is failing notice the similarities?

yeah he can win if we trade the jets roster for the pro-bowl roster.

i know you are trying to be funny here,but... are you really insinuating that woody, sh*tty, sparano, tanny, and idzik were/are competent at their jobs? it sounds like you are

The jets are worth 1.3 billion dollars according to Forbes .. bill gates xouldnt loan that much money if he wanted to forget about it

are you sure he xouldnt? I think he xould if he wanted to. Hell, Gates, Bon Jovi and Rex xould make a hell of an ownership group. 

Some say that two offseasons isn't enough time to judge Idzik, although in those two seasons he has made some gambles that haven't paid off. He drafted Dee Milliner (who did get high scores from othe scouts, despite his past injuries) to someday become the heir apparent to Darrell Revis. Dmitri Patterson, who has had some bright spots in his careers, came cheap compared to other FA corners, and Idzik still had a salary cap mess to clean up at the time. He drafted Calvin Pryor, although the jury is still out on him. His thinking, I guess, was that with Milliner and then Pryor would be the foundation of another Legion of Boom. Obviously, that has failed so far, but does IdIk deserve a chance to see if it pans out? Does he draft a CB In the first round?

When it comes to Wide receiver, he did sign Decker and draft Amaro, who showed some signs of life in the Denver game. Does he deserve another offseason to shore it up again?

Anyway, I'm mad as he'll about how bad the Jets are, but I don't really know if it is unfair to judge Idzik so early, especially given that he had a salary cap disaster to deal with

yeah i think I could have done a better job in that draft, but he has to draft a top 10 WR next year and hope his scouts or who ever is giving him advice on picks is gone! to cut a 4th rnd pic before the season stars looks really bad

Some say that two offseasons isn't enough time to judge Idzik, although in those two seasons he has made some gambles that haven't paid off. He drafted Dee Milliner (who did get high scores from othe scouts, despite his past injuries) to someday become the heir apparent to Darrell Revis. Dmitri Patterson, who has had some bright spots in his careers, came cheap compared to other FA corners, and Idzik still had a salary cap mess to clean up at the time. He drafted Calvin Pryor, although the jury is still out on him. His thinking, I guess, was that with Milliner and then Pryor would be the foundation of another Legion of Boom. Obviously, that has failed so far, but does IdIk deserve a chance to see if it pans out? Does he draft a CB In the first round?

When it comes to Wide receiver, he did sign Decker and draft Amaro, who showed some signs of life in the Denver game. Does he deserve another offseason to shore it up again?

Anyway, I'm mad as he'll about how bad the Jets are, but I don't really know if it is unfair to judge Idzik so early, especially given that he had a salary cap disaster to deal with

bottom line is rex goes and idzik stays. not that i like it. i just don't see woody making a clean sweep

Not to defend Idzik here, but it's sort of a leap to say he's made some gambles and then lead with selecting Milliner. If memory serves, Milliner had outstanding measurables for a corner, was a consensus top 15 guy and the 1A or 1B of the corners in that draft. Not to mention that corner is a fundamentally solid position to use your 1st rounder on. There was nothing about that pick that was a "gamble".

I wouldn't call Idzik a gambler at all really. He's conservative, and that shows up in about everything he does.

Underbidding FA's. Signing JAGs for "short money" like Patterson, Johnson, Goodson, Colon, etc. Not bundling picks to trade up and acquire an addition pick in the earlier rounds of this years draft. Drafting for need (which, let's face it, he has absolutely done this) with picks like Saunders (punt returner) and the 3 offensive linemen he took last year (burning multiple picks throwing darts to see if he could land a guard). 

People are complaining a lot lately about how last year's draft was Sheldon and nothing else. I think he got unlucky with Milliner, his college injury was his shoulder, his new injuries are his legs. Bad luck. Geno was a 2nd rounder, he should have been developed behind someone. The pick was smart at the time, the development of the player has been abysmal. I think he did alright picking all those OL, but do agree that he burned too many picks on filling one hole. Bohannon was a fine pick.

This year's draft is different. Some people are apparently expecting immediate contributions from everyone selected above the 5th round. Others know to give it a year or two. The truth lies somewhere in the middle. Pryor looks like a rookie. Amaro did too. I wonder why? McDougle and Evans might surprise a lot of us next year. Reilly, Ik, Dozier all good developmental depth. The only real F was the Saunders pick, and the only philosophical disagreements I have with how he approached this draft is him not moving back up for a higher rated WR, and not taking a Tom Savage type of 4th round QB.

Unfortunately, nobody explained to Jets fans that building through the draft doesn't mean pick 12 guys, have them deliver 10 wins in their rookie year. It means pick 12 guys, and develop the ones you can over their first couple years. 

The way I look at the situation right now is, if you are going to fire Rex, you might as well fire Idzik IF there is a risk that you will have to settle for a 2nd or 3rd choice head coach because the GM is already in place. IF this isn't an issue, then you let Idzik hire a coach of his choice, look at how the year 1 and year 2 drafts contribute next year, see how he drafts next year, and more importantly how he uses all this ******* cap space to complete the rebuild in year 3. 

If there is any possibility that this rebuild extends beyond year 3, then **** 'em all. Clean house.

Archived