Lose or beat their rivals?

bergenjets

Normally, I would always hope for the Jets to win, even after the season is lost, but with the need for a QB, I'm conflicted. Do you guys want them to lose out or beat MIA (2x), BUF and NE? Hard to see myself rooting for them to lose against any of them. In fact, it would make me vomit.

This is where Rex makes his bones. Beating lesser lights after the season has been lost. I fully EXPECT a 4-of-6 run to take the Jets OUT of the QB draft derby. Rex will lead Jets to wins over Buffalo, Miami, Minnesota and Tennessee, then they will lose to New England and finish 6-10. Rex will boast of winning four of the last six, forgetting of course the first 10 games. Woody will waver in his decision to fire Rex, but this is when he needs to step up and be smart. History will repeat itself next year if Rex/Idzik return. Another first round pick on defense will not pan out and Jets will once again be a laughingstock until the easy portion of the schedule come around. THAT is Rex Ryan in a nutshell.

The best thing for the franchise is to lose out, but I can't bring myself to root for losses and I don't see it happening anyway. Ideal compromise: 4-12, with the two wins costing the Pats a bye and the Dolphins a playoff spot.

I could live with this.  Create a little misery and at the same time qualify to draft then destroy a top QB prospect. Nice. 

1-15

2-14

3-13

These are the types of seasons that set a team back for years generally, especially a team like the jets. I absolutely want us to win as many remaining games as possible. And yes there are converse examples, colts come to mind, but thst is the exception not the rule. You cant risk destroying your teams psyche by not trying to win out. Next yesr or the year after the chickens will come home to roost. Now is the time when you teach the young guys to fight to the bitter end. That is worth more than a couple slots in the draft

Look what happens when one guy is late to a meeting--it spreads like a cancer. So does losing and a culture of losing. A coach has no credibility getting up there and telling is guys to fight until the end when the year before they were all but asked to throw games. #badideajeans

1-15

2-14

3-13

These are the types of seasons that set a team back for years generally, especially a team like the jets. I absolutely want us to win as many remaining games as possible. And yes there are converse examples, colts come to mind, but thst is the exception not the rule. You cant risk destroying your teams psyche by not trying to win out. Next yesr or the year after the chickens will come home to roost. Now is the time when you teach the young guys to fight to the bitter end. That is worth more than a couple slots in the draft

Look what happens when one guy is late to a meeting--it spreads like a cancer. So does losing and a culture of losing. A coach has no credibility getting up there and telling is guys to fight until the end when the year before they were all but asked to throw games. #badideajeans

Yeah, I hate when they keep all 53 players, head coach, coaching staff and general manager after a 1-15 season. Those guys are never the same. Like Van Halen after David Lee Roth left.

If I had six months to live, yeah I'd root for us to beat the Pats and Dolphins and Bills. Otherwise, it makes no sense whatsoever. It's like fvcking six ugly girls right now or having a chance to **** fifty hot ones for the next ten years.

So according to your analogy: we lost our virginity in Oakland, pent-up some tension which spilled over against Pittsburgh, and now we should go celibate. 

So according to your analogy: we lost our virginity in Oakland, pent-up some tension which spilled over against Pittsburgh, and now we should go celibate.

Its funny because these are same people who thought geno had something to build on last few games last year. But now we are scolded for saying the remaining games arent meaningless. Cant keep up with these guys lol

The best thing for the franchise is to lose out, but I can't bring myself to root for losses and I don't see it happening anyway. Ideal compromise: 4-12, with the two wins costing the Pats a bye and the Dolphins a playoff spot.

I was ready for a 15 game losing streak and a complete house cleaning when I sat down to watch yesterday, but I couldn't help myself being excited as this crappy football team shut down Big Ben. I'll root for the win every week going forward, just as I had every week before.

That said - the 1980 Jets model where they won four games, with two coming against the Dolphins, wouldn't be the worst outcome.

I also understand the frustration of going into this offseason, not firing enough people, and being on the outside looking in at the QB position in the draft again. Really not a lot of good ways this season can end. Lol.

I say win out and spoil some seasons.  Mariota and Winston are so meh, its not even funny, so neither are tank worthy.  Besides, they'd be sure fire busts if the Jets drafted them anyway.  There really isnt a cant miss prospect in this draft, maybe Amari Cooper. Everyone else is suspect. 

Win out, go 8-8 and resign Rex on a life time extension.

This is where Rex makes his bones. Beating lesser lights after the season has been lost. I fully EXPECT a 4-of-6 run to take the Jets OUT of the QB draft derby. Rex will lead Jets to wins over Buffalo, Miami, Minnesota and Tennessee, then they will lose to New England and finish 6-10. Rex will boast of winning four of the last six, forgetting of course the first 10 games. Woody will waver in his decision to fire Rex, but this is when he needs to step up and be smart. History will repeat itself next year if Rex/Idzik return. Another first round pick on defense will not pan out and Jets will once again be a laughingstock until the easy portion of the schedule come around. THAT is Rex Ryan in a nutshell.

This is pretty spot on

I was ready for a 15 game losing streak and a complete house cleaning when I sat down to watch yesterday, but I couldn't help myself being excited as this crappy football team shut down Big Ben. I'll root for the win every week going forward, just as I had every week before.

That said - the 1980 Jets model where they won four games, with two coming against the Dolphins, wouldn't be the worst outcome.

I also understand the frustration of going into this offseason, not firing enough people, and being on the outside looking in at the QB position in the draft again. Really not a lot of good ways this season can end. Lol.

#JetLife

Archived