Could Sanchez's Success be the Final Nail in Idzik's Coffin?

Jettington

i never said I was, but other people were, and those people leaked the story about Sanchez lashing out at Idzik. Any interest in talking Jets football by chance?

Nope. No. You reject out of hand any "report" that hurts Ryan by saying "you're not in the locker room," but the reports that support Ryan are valid? Nope. No. Nope.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before the snoopy bowl Sanchez was out-performing Geno who looked like a lost rookie.  Despite that, Rex still wouldn't name him the starter.  After being injured in the snoopy bowl, Sanchez blew up at Idzik in what I believe was described as a "profanity laced tirade".

Sounds like Rex wanted to start Mark and Idzik was giving him some resistance.  Rex gave Sanchez a shot to make a couple more plays in the snoopy bowl to cement his spot as the starter.  It backfires and Sanchez gets hurt.  I only say this because we know Sanchez blew up at Idzik in the locker room after that game which makes no sense as he didn't put him in the game.  It only makes sense if Sanchez realized he was going to have to do more to win the spot from Geno that he should have already been awarded.

Either way...being a fan of this team isn't fun.

1) Yes Sanchez outplayed Geno in Preseason

2) Jests clearly wanted Geno to start season, so best way to ensure that is to hope Sanchez gets hurt in preseason, Thus decision to put him in  during 4th qtr with 5th string. I believe it took 2 plays to blow him up

3) If Iddy was not in on this plan, a good GM would have gone ballistic and probably would have canned HC after game. Since iddy drafted the pizzaboy, can only conclude he was in on plan.

4) I hope Sanchez wins a Superbowl, and if he beats my Packers, Im ok with it.

5) Rexey should be banned from coaching and Iddy will never see a meaningful front office position again. Some owner who likes the back papers story will probably hire Rexey and bang his foot loving wife.

1) Yes Sanchez outplayed Geno in Preseason

2) Jests clearly wanted Geno to start season, so best way to ensure that is to hope Sanchez gets hurt in preseason, Thus decision to put him in  during 4th qtr with 5th string. I believe it took 2 plays to blow him up

3) If Iddy was not in on this plan, a good GM would have gone ballistic and probably would have canned HC after game. Since iddy drafted the pizzaboy, can only conclude he was in on plan.

4) I hope Sanchez wins a Superbowl, and if he beats my Packers, Im ok with it.

5) Rexey should be banned from coaching and Iddy will never see a meaningful front office position again. Some owner who likes the back papers story will probably hire Rexey and bang his foot loving wife.

Could be right since we're all just guessing.  My guess would be that Rex wanted the better player to start, but that's just my theory.

Before everyone starts going crazy about how stupid the Jets are let's take a moment and step back.

The team the Eagles beat last night in not very good. As a matter of fact they are really bad right now. Bad enough that is won't surprise me if Rivera is not fired after the season.

That being said.

What I saw last night was a QB who wasn't panicking and backpedaling from the rush. He stood in there, moved a little left, moved a little right, stepped up and made the throw. He did well in the red zone last night, something the Eagles have had problems with all season. He was also inaccurate at times but hey we all can't be Peyton Manning.

I am not going to cast judgement yet based on one game. 4 of the Eagles next 5 are against Green Bay, Dallas twice and Seattle. I hope he does well and sticks it in all our faces the same way Pennington did in 2008.

Before the snoopy bowl Sanchez was out-performing Geno who looked like a lost rookie.  Despite that, Rex still wouldn't name him the starter.  After being injured in the snoopy bowl, Sanchez blew up at Idzik in what I believe was described as a "profanity laced tirade".

Sounds like Rex wanted to start Mark and Idzik was giving him some resistance.  Rex gave Sanchez a shot to make a couple more plays in the snoopy bowl to cement his spot as the starter.  It backfires and Sanchez gets hurt.  I only say this because we know Sanchez blew up at Idzik in the locker room after that game which makes no sense as he didn't put him in the game.  It only makes sense if Sanchez realized he was going to have to do more to win the spot from Geno that he should have already been awarded.

Either way...being a fan of this team isn't fun.

From the current perspective Sanchez getting hurt and not having to play with the misfits we put on the field last year was the best thing that ever happened to him. It probably would have completely destroyed what was left of his career.

I also find it hilarious that the haters are still pointing at the fact Sanchez only completed passes last night at a 50 % clip even though he threw for 320 yards and 2 TD's with no Interceptions. They also forgot to mention he had about 6 dropped passes but hey they have no problem mentioning the dropped INT .... Morons typical butt hurt Jets fans,

Put the blame for the destruction of Sanchez where it belongs On TANNY REX IDZIK and all the Idiot coordinators and offensive talent we marched in here. Not the player.

Oh and Yes this should be the final nail in Idziks coffin and Rex's as well. How could Woody watch that player we saw last night and not be infuriated

From the current perspective Sanchez getting hurt and not having to play with the misfits we put on the field last year was the best thing that ever happened to him. It probably would have completely destroyed what was left of his career.

I also find it hilarious that the haters are still pointing at the fact Sanchez only completed passes last night at a 50 % clip even though he threw for 320 yards and 3 TD's with no Interceptions. They also forgot to mention he had about 6 dropped passes but hey they have no problem mentioning the dropped INT .... Morons typical butt hurt Jets fans,

Put the blame for the destruction of Sanchez where it belongs On TANNY REX IDZIK and all the Idiot coordinators and offensive talent we marched in here. Not the player.

Oh and Yes this should be the final nail in Idziks coffin and Rex's as well. How could Woody watch that player we saw last night and not be infuriated

Sanchez had 2 TDs. Carolina sucks. Newton sucks too.

Sanchez will meet reality vs Green Bay. Just watch.

Sanchez had 2 TDs. Carolina sucks. Newton sucks too.

Sanchez will meet reality vs Green Bay. Just watch.

typo on the 3

what makes green bay such a fierce competitor ? Sure Rodgers will always give them a chance but that's got nothing to do with Sanchez is Philly's defense can't stop him.

Lost in all of the chaos this season has brought us is an unresolved issue from last season.

Who's call was it to let Sanchez go?

I don't think I've ever heard this issue addressed and it has been largely irrelevant until now. Rex's MO has been such that he'd stick up for any of his players so I find it hard to believe he actively wanted Sanchez out; it seems like solely an Idzik move with maybe a neutral/passive acceptance stance from Woody. Idzik comes in, doesn't see much in Sanchez, drafts his own guy, cuts Sanchez in the off-season to save money... seems like a likely scenario to me.

But considering how Geno has just imploded, and Sanchez now looks like he might be better than ever, is this final humiliation enough for Woody to pull the plug on Idzik after two years if all of this is the case?

If Sanchez leads the Eagles to the playoffs playing at a high level things are going to get interesting. This would be the second time Woody has been humiliated like this, first when cutting Pennington for Favre came back to bite us, just like it's now starting to look like cutting Sanchez to commit to Geno has come back to bite us.

I think it was Tom Shane's call actually.

Lost in all of the chaos this season has brought us is an unresolved issue from last season.

Who's call was it to let Sanchez go?

I don't think I've ever heard this issue addressed and it has been largely irrelevant until now. Rex's MO has been such that he'd stick up for any of his players so I find it hard to believe he actively wanted Sanchez out; it seems like solely an Idzik move with maybe a neutral/passive acceptance stance from Woody. Idzik comes in, doesn't see much in Sanchez, drafts his own guy, cuts Sanchez in the off-season to save money... seems like a likely scenario to me.

But considering how Geno has just imploded, and Sanchez now looks like he might be better than ever, is this final humiliation enough for Woody to pull the plug on Idzik after two years if all of this is the case?

If Sanchez leads the Eagles to the playoffs playing at a high level things are going to get interesting. This would be the second time Woody has been humiliated like this, first when cutting Pennington for Favre came back to bite us, just like it's now starting to look like cutting Sanchez to commit to Geno has come back to bite us.

Slow down. 

Last night's performance from Sanchez was very reminiscent of the "good" Sanchez of 2010. He was shaky early while the defense and special teams made big plays and staked him to a lead and then he settled in when there was no pressure on him because he was up by multiple scores without having to do anything. 

This rush to judgement is hilarious. And it's not just Sanchez. Eight weeks ago Kirk Cousins was undeniably the Redskins best QB. Yes, the same Kirk Cousins who people wanted to bring to the Jets to challenge Sanchez two years ago who then played so awful over the next five weeks he lost his job to Colt friggin' McCoy. 

He had a good game. Good for him. Let's not anoint him the Eagles savior just yet. 

Sanchez works well in Kelly's system. Kelly is also able to pick out what QBs are good at and develops stuff to work for them. Solid running game, play action, uptempo stuff is good for Sanchez. He's not Drew Brees, but he's always been better than the buttfumble. Jets fans blamed him for everything that went wrong and now are surprised that under a competent offense and headcoach he does all right.

Was it Belichicks fault that the Patriots were near the bottom of the league in defense last year? Or that they can't develop any WR's worth a sh-t other than shifty, diminutive white guys?

Replace Tom Brady with Geno Smith and what is the Patriots record?

Actually, yes, it is all Belichick's fault. That's why HC get fired when things go bad.

Who can then let Woody know that he coaches and the GM picks the players.

The player Rex failed to coach up got the guy who picked said player fired.  

Tanny is gone because of Rex.  And because Woody forced Rex on the new GM, Rex is why we have Idzik.

SAR is right.  Rex Ryan is the devil.

Sanchez works well in Kelly's system. Kelly is also able to pick out what QBs are good at and develops stuff to work for them. Solid running game, play action, uptempo stuff is good for Sanchez. He's not Drew Brees, but he's always been better than the buttfumble. Jets fans blamed him for everything that went wrong and now are surprised that under a competent offense and headcoach he does all right.

He did alright here for awhile as well.  The question is could he have sustained success as a starter in the face of diversity?  Right now he is proving what most people probably thought about him.  He would make a good back up in the NFL.  No matter how prematurely excited people are getting that is all we are really seeing at this point.  

Was it Belichicks fault that the Patriots were near the bottom of the league in defense last year?  Or that they can't develop any WR's worth a sh-t other than shifty, diminutive white guys?

Replace Tom Brady with Geno Smith and what is the Patriots record?

YES. Belichick is the main talent picker and the head coach. There is no one else's fault for it to be. 

YES. Belichick is the main talent picker and the head coach. There is no one else's fault for it to be. 

Actually, you're right.  He has wayyyyy more say in who the team drafts/signs/releases then Rex.  Can't wait till Brady retires.

He did alright here for awhile as well. The question is could he have sustained success as a starter in the face of diversity? Right now he is proving what most people probably thought about him. He would make a good back up in the NFL. No matter how prematurely excited people are getting that is all we are really seeing at this point.

Well, people on twitter were hysterical, that's what I judge all reaction by, lol.

what gets me is select media members pretending they didn't make fun of Sanchez and didn't bring up the buttfumble every chance they could.

About 5 of us screamed for the Jets to surround Sanchez with weapons and an O-line for 2 years and we were mocked and told "Sanchez sucks"..  There was even 200 page thread about it and everything.

The only ones that are surprised by tonights game are those who developed an irrational hatred of Mark and screamed from the mountain tops to get him off the team.  Well you got what you wanted.  How did that taste?

In a couple years we'll have this same thread when Rex is getting a first round bye with a real QB and you guys will blame Idzik if he's still here..  or Woody for not having a good GM in place for Rex..  or some other nonsense.

Oh, are we doing victory laps for who argued what 2 years ago? You usually neg rep me for that, and when I do it it's obviously tongue-in-cheek.

So yeah, I was piping up about Rex not handling Sanchez right from year one, before "not enough weapons" became the axe to grind. It just got muffled by all the fapping y'all did when Rex clumsied his way into the playoffs and "gave us the most exciting blah blah blah blah blah of Jet football". 

Ultimately, it is the combination of bad handling, bad environment and bad skill position players around him that was the demise of Sanchez with the Jets. Those issues aren't created by one person, it's usually an orchestra of failure. Rex, the offensive coordinator(s), the players around him (the GM), and the player himself.

I'm glad he looks like he may get his sh*t together. I'm also going on record to point out that he was facing the Carolina Panthers secondary, who suck, and Jordan Matthews in particular had the best matchup of the week vs. that #2 CB who WRs have abused all season long. Sanchez and Matthews won me some coin this week in my Fanduel. I'm really looking forward to Sanchez vs. a good/great defense. I hope the light has gone on for him, it's make a great story (despite the fact it makes the Jets look stupid, again).

I want to see the next 5 game stretch where he will play 4 good teams -lets not get crazy now

there is this as well Im pretty sure Sanchez will have a bad game here and there all QB's do ...the question is can he limit those games like the great QB's do and consistently win ? That will take some time..

Oh, are we doing victory laps for who argued what 2 years ago? You usually neg rep me for that, and when I do it it's obviously tongue-in-cheek.

So yeah, I was piping up about Rex not handling Sanchez right from year one, before "not enough weapons" became the axe to grind. It just got muffled by all the fapping y'all did when Rex clumsied his way into the playoffs and "gave us the most exciting blah blah blah blah blah of Jet football". 

Ultimately, it is the combination of bad handling, bad environment and bad skill position players around him that was the demise of Sanchez with the Jets. Those issues aren't created by one person, it's usually an orchestra of failure. Rex, the offensive coordinator(s), the players around him (the GM), and the player himself.

I'm glad he looks like he may get his sh*t together. I'm also going on record to point out that he was facing the Carolina Panthers secondary, who suck, and Jordan Matthews in particular had the best matchup of the week vs. that #2 CB who WRs have abused all season long. Sanchez and Matthews won me some coin this week in my Fanduel. I'm really looking forward to Sanchez vs. a good/great defense. I hope the light has gone on for him, it's make a great story (despite the fact it makes the Jets look stupid, again).

Good post

It makes us look stupid no doubt but it certainly helps us in the long run if Idiot Woody says WTF did you do to my QB and fires half the organization and puts a real football guy in charge

And why did the fans want him out?

because the fans are idiots and never look at the big picture. Multiple reasons all of this happened but fans look for one guy to blame and that one guy happened to be Sanchez no matter what product we put on the field. Sanchez took all the hits for a horrid organization and he did it with class I hope he tears this league up moving forward because he certainly deserves it

Good post

It makes us look stupid no doubt but it certainly helps us in the long run if Idiot Woody says WTF did you do to my QB and fires half the organization and puts a real football guy in charge

Sanchez post game was vety telling. Praised the "offensive minded" coaches numerous times. Talked about how crisp and helpful walk throughs are, talked about how carolina didnt throw anything at him he didnt see on film during prep, talked about how the coaches have a coherent offensive philosophy. He mustve said "offensive" 15 times. It was like a classy version of welkers feet interview.

Good post

Honestly, that's all we can ask for at this point. I don't know how anyone can say they are unhappy about the state of this team, then argue in favor of keeping one person, over the others or assigning blame to one person, but not all. I mean, that is what got us into this mess over the past 2 decades... at some point, you can't get away with cutting off the moldy parts of the bread like it's the great depression, just throw it out, and get a new loaf.

So, I know it's sport around here to see who can win the blaming arguments, but at the end of the day, for me at least, they are all at fault. Failures like this don't happen in a vacuum with one accountable party. 

because the fans are idiots and never look at the big picture. Multiple reasons all of this happened but fans look for one guy to blame and that one guy happened to be Sanchez no matter what product we put on the field. Sanchez took all the hits for a horrid organization and he did it with class I hope he tears this league up moving forward because he certainly deserves it

:hand:

That's an interesting version of history you are writing there. 

It's almost as if you are ignoring all the anti-Rex, anti-Tannenbaum and anti-Woody threads that have appeared on this very message board the last five years..... oh wait... that is exactly what you are doing. 

You are also ignoring the reality of Sanchez's awful performance. 

Truth.

Rex used Sanchez as a scapegoat, just like he did Schotty, then Sporano, then Tanny and so on and so forth. Rex's most effective managerial skill is self-preservation. Geno is queued up next, as is Idzik. In every scenario with these scapegoats, the reason they work is that they deserve some blame, but the fact that Rex doesn't get any with them is absurd.

Archived