2014/15 NY Rangers

Bugg

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our big players are playing small again- we need our scorers to produce playoff time.

Where is Nash?

During the regular season, he was the team's leading goal scorer. In games like this, he'd score a goal.

He always seems to come up soft in the playoffs. It's more than a trend- it's his history.

Where is Nash?

During the regular season, he was the team's leading goal scorer. In games like this, he'd score a goal.

He always seems to come up soft in the playoffs. It's more than a trend- it's his history.

Nash will be okay I hope. I saw good things from him in the the way he threw his body around and drove the net on occasion. They need more of that from him. He doesn't look as lost St.Louis, Yandle and Boyle right now. The puck is just not going in for him.

The Rangers really need to start getting bodies in front of Holtby. They started great then spent a good portion of the game out on the perimeter.

Nash will be okay I hope. I saw good things from him in the the way he threw his body around and drove the net on occasion. They need more of that

The Rangers really need to start getting bodies in front of Holtby. They started great then spent a good portion of the game out on the perimeter.

Yes, they need to do that.

I don't like how this series is going so far. Losing one game with one second to go, and another on a soft goal in a 0-1 loss.

They have to snap out of it. Between the Mets scoring no runs and the Rangers scoring no goals, I haven't had much to cheer about the past few days.

Yes, and that is why I pointed out that Nash is their leading scorer, and he needs to put the puck in the net.

Completely agree. They have the scoring talent. They need to perform.

Amazing how this team staves off elimination.

Like Thor said, hopefully this gets to Holtby because hes good but not this good. Rangers scored the 3rd most goals in NHL. They should be scoring more.

They need to score, that goal by Kreider was the first one in something stupid, like 200+ minutes.  Should have been a shutout if Yandle did stupidly pinch in when he was the lone man back and allow the break away.  Great win though, place looked like it was absolutely rocking. Nash needs to get on his horse. 

Also, any update on Kreider's injury? Looked like he took a knee-to-knee at the end of regulation

Kreider's fine health wise based on post game.

If I could dream I want a Rangers blow out in game 6. Rangers D has been solid but their star forwards are passing too much looking for perfect scoring chances.They just need to freaking shoot. Most postseason goals are scored on rebounds, second chances or knock ins. That can only happen if someone shoots.

Kreider's fine health wise based on post game.

If I could dream I want a Rangers blow out in game 6. Rangers D has been solid but their star forwards are passing too much looking for perfect scoring chances.They just need to freaking shoot. Most postseason goals are scored on rebounds, second chances or knock ins. That can only happen if someone shoots.

They need to disrupt Holtby anyway they can, he's just been so damned good.  They're getting shots off, but with very minimal chances for rebounds or second chance points as Holtby has been swallowing everything up on first attempt.  He's been playing outside his mind this year. 

This series has been marked by great goaltending and defense. After game one, the Rangers have done a great job containing Ovechnik and the caps' PP, which was tops in the league. Girardi and McDonough have done great against Ov.

The caps have blocked a lot of shots, and Holtby has actually outplayed Hank statistically, (who has been  terrific, too.)

The caps have done a good job shutting down nash, and blocked the passing lanes. The Rangers have played well, and so have the caps.

I hope we can win tonite and get a Game 7!

Still alive! 13 straight 1 goal playoff games is crazy.

Agreed, Broadway on Kreider. We cant forget that Kreider is still only 24 years old. He's a freight train. Him and Hayes give the Rangers a bright present and future.

And Nash's goal was important on many levels, one being that he kept his calm in order to deek Holtby rather than be anxious and shootvat first chance.

I will be more nervous for Game 7 then I was probably was Friday or Saturday.

Gotta say though I did wake up my entire house when Kreider scored the game tying goal Friday night. That didn't go over very well with the 306 ladies.

Archived