Odds of Jets Getting First Overall Pick

flgreen

You're right. We'll see.

Who are Dumb asses Davis and McKenzie looking at for the first overall pick in the 2016, 2017 and 2018 drafts?

Dumb ass Mckenzie saved his butt with last year draft. That was an awesome draft that will pay big dividends for years. Let's see with about 85 million to play with in Fa, a lot of high draft picks in 2015 , Their young Qb in place, and Jim Harbaugh ready to come aboard. The future looking a lot brighter in Oakland( or LA).

I don't know if Jet's want Mariotta bad enough, we might have the Jets number 1 pick in 2016. How high you think that pick could be next year.

Dumb ass Mckenzie saved his butt with last year draft. That was an awesome draft that will pay big dividends for years. Let's see with about 85 million to play with in Fa, a lot of high draft picks in 2015 , Their young Qb in place, and Jim Harbaugh ready to come aboard. The future looking a lot brighter in Oakland( or LA).

I don't know if Jet's want Mariotta bad enough, we might have the Jets number 1 pick in 2016. How high you think that pick could be next year.

Sorry

Done wasting time with you.

And your awesome draft that has you at 1-15 and drafting first again

One thing is certain

The Raiders will undoubtedly find a way to F this draft up too.

It's the Raider way

how does anyone say that these next 2 games are winnable?  the vikings just destroyed the panthers at home, albeit the panthers aren't that great.  the titans almost beat the browns and steelers at home.  what has this jets squad done to make these games winnable?

we're still in a spot to get the #2 or 3 pick probably if we lose out.

how does anyone say that these next 2 games are winnable? the vikings just destroyed the panthers at home, albeit the panthers aren't that great. the titans almost beat the browns and steelers at home. what has this jets squad done to make these games winnable?

we're still in a spot to get the #2 or 3 pick probably if we lose out.

The Vikings will have no problem. They will stuff the running game and force GeNO to pass...the proven formula for Jet disaster

And sadly, re the Titans...Mecklenberger's injury turns out to be minor and he will return this week ending any hope of us playing against their GeNO, Locker and having a minor chance.

The only chance for a win is week 17 if the Pats have clinched HFA but that is unlikely and besides, Beli would never pass up the chance to run up the score on WRECKS and stick it to him on his way to.the exit

Why does anyone waste their time responding to Raideraholic? Clown shoe.

I don't really watch much college football but from what I've read, it doesn't sound like Mariota is a lock franchise QB (like Luck for example).  Typical Jets to end up picking high in a year w/ no franchise QB.  Maybe we'll end up w/ a WR just like we did w/ Keyshawn at #1 overall way back when (1995?)  Sounds like Mariota can run fast and has a good arm but isn't necessarily a pocket passer.  That kinda sounds like RG III.  Look at recent top QBs by the way.  Blaine Gabbert, Blake Bortles, RG III.  Just because they were picked high doesn't mean they were good.  In fact, they can set your franchise back several years.

If Nick Foles is a FA, I'd be happy enough w/ him as our QB.  I guess I could live w/ Brian Hoyer or RG III if he came super-cheap (7th rounder).  We could potentially try to trade for Manziel but I wouldn't give up a #1 for him and I don't think they'd take anything less than our #1.  I'd be okay w/ Bradford as our backup but not as a starter w/ his health concerns.  I still would like to see what Matt Simms has but Rex is a bozo when it comes to that.

Sorry

Done wasting time with you.

And your awesome draft that has you at 1-15 and drafting first again

One thing is certain

The Raiders will undoubtedly find a way to F this draft up too.

It's the Raider way

One great draft ( 2014) doesn't change a team fortune( fact if you examine it Raiders did have one of the best 2014 draft class) , but a lousy draft can have long term consequences for an organization.

I wouldn't comment about messing up a draft ,when my team had the draft they did last year. ( in case you forgot) NY Jets 2014 Picks

Team:

NY Jets 2014 Picks

RD PK(OVR) NAME POS SCHOOL

Calvin Pryor

S

Louisville

Jace Amaro

TE

Texas Tech

Dex McDougle

CB

Maryland

Jalen Saunders

WR

Oklahoma

Shaq Evans

WR

UCLA

Dakota Dozier

OT

Furman

Jeremiah George

ILB

Iowa State

Brandon Dixon

CB

Northwest Missouri State

Quincy Enunwa

WR

Nebraska

IK Enemkpali

DE

Louisiana Tech

Tajh Boyd

QB

Clemson

Trevor Reilly

OLB

Utah

Analysis by ESPN Scouts Inc.

Getting back on topic. The jets better be prepared to offer a lotta picks , for the chance to draft Mariotta. The a Jets can elect to go in another direction, that there decision.

One great draft ( 2014) doesn't change a team fortune( fact if you examine it Raiders did have one of the best 2014 draft class) , but a lousy draft can have long term consequences for an organization.

I wouldn't comment about messing up a draft ,when my team had the draft they did last year. ( in case you forgot) NY Jets 2014 Picks

Team:

NY Jets 2014 Picks

RD PK(OVR) NAME POS SCHOOL

Calvin Pryor

S

Louisville

Jace Amaro

TE

Texas Tech

Dex McDougle

CB

Maryland

Jalen Saunders

WR

Oklahoma

Shaq Evans

WR

UCLA

Dakota Dozier

OT

Furman

Jeremiah George

ILB

Iowa State

Brandon Dixon

CB

Northwest Missouri State

Quincy Enunwa

WR

Nebraska

IK Enemkpali

DE

Louisiana Tech

Tajh Boyd

QB

Clemson

Trevor Reilly

OLB

Utah

Analysis by ESPN Scouts Inc.

Getting back on topic. The jets better be prepared to offer a lotta picks , for the chance to draft Mariotta. The a Jets can elect to go in another direction, that there decision.

You won't get more than 600 points on the chart max..a second and a 5th and next years second...maybe less after Mariotas agent announces he will go back to Oregon and sit out a year if drafted by the laughing stock Raiders.

Nobody wants to play for a perennial Basement Bertha in a broken down dump and have to live on the slum side of the Bay

If/when the Raiders wind up with the first pick in the draft, and should they decide to trade it, what they get for it will come down to far down they're willing to slide. It may not be very far at all if they have their sights set on a particular player.

Say they're set on Carr as their QB, and they absolutely want Amari Cooper to bolster their young QB's development - and the team like the Jets are sitting at #2 and wants Mariotta, but are perfectly willing to take Cooper as a consolation prize, what are the Raiders options there? Would seem to me that team sitting at #2 would have a lot of leverage. Even worse for the Raiders would be if a team like the Jaguars, also set at QB, land in that #2 position - and their #1 choice is also Cooper. Are the Raiders even willing to trade at all at that point?

Getting that bounty of picks is a nice concept, until you give up a blue chip prospect to take more of a chance on a player you don't like nearly as much.

I wouldn't count those picks just yet, is all.

The Raiders stand to make out like bandits if they can get the Jets and Bucs - along with the Titans - into a bidding war for Mariota. If the Jets land behind Tennessee and Tampa Bay - very likely as Rex will screw us with a win or two, I would draft the best LT available and shoot for Bryce Petty in the second round. There is no such thing as a sure thing, a lot depends on the teams' ability to develop the QB within their system. Petty plays in a run heavy - pro style offense at Baylor and will probably take less time to learn how to play under center than Mariota who plays exclusively in a shotgun system - much like Geno Smith did at West Virginia. Not trying to compare the two, just the offensive systems they came from.

I don't really watch much college football but from what I've read, it doesn't sound like Mariota is a lock franchise QB (like Luck for example).  Typical Jets to end up picking high in a year w/ no franchise QB.  Maybe we'll end up w/ a WR just like we did w/ Keyshawn at #1 overall way back when (1995?)  Sounds like Mariota can run fast and has a good arm but isn't necessarily a pocket passer.  That kinda sounds like RG III.  Look at recent top QBs by the way.  Blaine Gabbert, Blake Bortles, RG III.  Just because they were picked high doesn't mean they were good.  In fact, they can set your franchise back several years.

If Nick Foles is a FA, I'd be happy enough w/ him as our QB.  I guess I could live w/ Brian Hoyer or RG III if he came super-cheap (7th rounder).  We could potentially try to trade for Manziel but I wouldn't give up a #1 for him and I don't think they'd take anything less than our #1.  I'd be okay w/ Bradford as our backup but not as a starter w/ his health concerns.  I still would like to see what Matt Simms has but Rex is a bozo when it comes to that.

I would like to see Simms play also, but I doubt that he is the future Jets QB. Foles would be fine with me as would Matt Moore of Miami or even Cousins in Washington. You can't judge a QB under circumstances like in DC, where RG III has screwed up the whole model. Kirk Cousins can be the kind of QB Sanchez was in 2010 and I can live with that. Foles would be an upgrade over the QB's here now as would Moore and Cousins. You still have to draft a QB for the future though and I like Petty from Baylor. 

Raiders aren't winning another game this season and they are drafting Mariota #1.

No way the Raiders take Mariota, I think they're sold on Carr. My money would be on them trading out of the 1 to either Tampa or Tenn (assuming we're ahead of both of them) and then trying to pickup Cooper. 

it looks like mariota is the best qb in this years draft. the question is is he worthy of a top 5 pick? just a question

This is not the only question.....Will the Jets, and the fan base, be patient enough to let whoever is drafted sit on the bench for a year?  Because that is what is needed.  Let whatever stop-gap QB run the team for a year and let the rookie ride the pine, watch and learn. 

This is not the only question.....Will the Jets, and the fan base, be patient enough to let whoever is drafted sit on the bench for a year?  Because that is what is needed.  Let whatever stop-gap QB run the team for a year and let the rookie ride the pine, watch and learn. 

+1. I couldn't agree more.

If/when the Raiders wind up with the first pick in the draft, and should they decide to trade it, what they get for it will come down to far down they're willing to slide. It may not be very far at all if they have their sights set on a particular player.

Say they're set on Carr as their QB, and they absolutely want Amari Cooper to bolster their young QB's development - and the team like the Jets are sitting at #2 and wants Mariotta, but are perfectly willing to take Cooper as a consolation prize, what are the Raiders options there? Would seem to me that team sitting at #2 would have a lot of leverage. Even worse for the Raiders would be if a team like the Jaguars, also set at QB, land in that #2 position - and their #1 choice is also Cooper. Are the Raiders even willing to trade at all at that point?

Getting that bounty of picks is a nice concept, until you give up a blue chip prospect to take more of a chance on a player you don't like nearly as much.

I wouldn't count those picks just yet, is all.

Amari Cooper isn't the only top tier Wr in this draft.( who says he even goes off the board as the first Wr) Raiders need a number 1 type of Wr but it doesn't have to be him. ( The Raiders have a very good chance to get a pretty good wr with their second pick.( Jaelen Strong or Dorial Green Beckham .)

The Raiders should have close to eighty million when free agency starts. if I'm them- I might target Torrey Smith ( Raiders need speed at Wr big time.( Amari Cooper supposedly not going to be one of the fastest Wr and doesn't have great height. I like to get Sammie Coates somewhere in the draft.

I have no problem if they pass on Amari Cooper- just because a Wr picked first , means he going to be the best Wr in that class. see Odell Beckham jr who looks like a stud and was he the first Wr off the board last year.

I have no problem if they pass on Amari Cooper- just because a Wr picked first , means he going to be the best Wr in that class. see Odell Beckham jr who looks like a stud and was he the first Wr off the board last year.

Sammy watkins was the first taken, followed by Mike Evans. And Evans will probably be the best out of the three.

I say let the Raiders have Mariota and we trade for Derek Carr.  Second rounder should do it.  We draft a beast Lineman or Cooper with our 1, Carr is our two, and we let the rest play out.  We become better instantly.  And with our FA money we can afford a decent backup QB, a decent corner, and maybe a few ST players.  Milliner and McDougle come back boosting the defensive backfield, Winters and Aboushi take the guard slots, new OT plays right side, Breno becomes depth, offense is now fairly sound.  boom.  profit.

Archived