Marrones interview with Jets did not go well per report.

joewilly12

So apparently the only two horses asses whose inside sources whispered that Marrone did badly work for the failing, soon to be bankrupt Daily News

Marrone>>>>>Moron writers for the Daily Charmin

And I'm ALL IN FOR QUINN

they can interview who they please. I am just amazed at posters who can look at his resume and get excited.

I can't speak for everyone and I'm not jumping up & down shouting hire Reich. But when you consider he was a QB for 10+ yrs + his resume & comments from those who know him saying he's organized, smart, knows offense, disciplined and on C&W list I'd say he's worth at least an interview.

Doug Maroon would be an awful hire. Not surprised the interview went bad. I think they will be very impressed with Frank Reich. Thats the guy i want but would not be upset if they wanted to wait for quinn.

....I would be ok with F. Reich, or Dan Quinn ( who has a very good personality), I think the NY/NJ media would like him.  Puzzled by

Kubiak.... he is an excellent OC--  may not be cut out for HC.

Do not understand this love for Frank Reich.  For crying out loud, he has been a coach for what, 6 years?

It is not 6 years out of college as some teams grad assistant.  He has as many yeas of exp as Jim Harbaugh had. Again, you are hiring a head coach, a head coach is a leader, should be organized and disciplined and able to focus both on long range and short range tasks. He does not need to be a brilliant X's and O;s guy, he needs to hire assistants that are, He needs to recognize talent in both players and coaches.  He has 25 years of game management exp, film study etc.

It is not 6 years out of college as some teams grad assistant. He has as many yeas of exp as Jim Harbaugh had. Again, you are hiring a head coach, a head coach is a leader, should be organized and disciplined and able to focus both on long range and short range tasks. He does not need to be a brilliant X's and O;s guy, he needs to hire assistants that are, He needs to recognize talent in both players and coaches. He has 25 years of game management exp, film study etc.

Well said!

It is not 6 years out of college as some teams grad assistant. He has as many yeas of exp as Jim Harbaugh had. Again, you are hiring a head coach, a head coach is a leader, should be organized and disciplined and able to focus both on long range and short range tasks. He does not need to be a brilliant X's and O;s guy, he needs to hire assistants that are, He needs to recognize talent in both players and coaches. He has 25 years of game management exp, film study etc.

I agree. He played in the league for a long time, most of which was under a great head coach. I'm sure he has a good idea of what's needed to be successful at the job.

I would trust LaConfora over any beat writer, which is ironic considering it is impossible to look him in the eye.

This has gotten to the point where it doesn't even make sense to read the "reports".  It's like these guys are rolling out of bed and flipping a coin to decide which angle to take.  How can so many people with "inside knowledge" and "sources" come away with completely different stories within the space of a few hours of each other?

I cant understand the interest in this guy-he is a coach that has a history of 500 or below-not well liked either-I thought the idea in getting rid of rex was to improve the team?-talks of Cable and Marrone ,who both have poor records, is NOT the direction the team should be going with. I would rather them go with a solid/hungry coordinator. I prefer short on head coaching experience than a guy with head coaching experience and a poor record doing so. 

My preference is for a coach who possesses the qualities you describe and is a brilliant X's & O's guy. I don't need the head coach to come in and call the plays on either side of the ball, but I'd like him to have that ability If the need arises. He should also be pretty brilliant when it comes to game-planning.

Maybe Reich is that guy, I don't know. I'd interview him.

Archived