Jameis Winston 'might' NOT declare?

Integrity28

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

img24238608.jpg

I guess if he stays out of trouble and can play, I could get used to the stupid ******* faces he makes all the time.... No. I'm lying. He's about as unlikeable as they come. Top 3 easiest people to hate: T0mshane, Jameis and Frankenberry

the new spin on this kid is he is going #1 overall

LOL

There'll be lots of this... buckle up!

We know he is good enough to get high first round football money.  Even with all his issues you would have to expect him to be drafted, at worst, in the top ten.  Could go as high as two.  I guess it would depend on how strong a baseball prospect he is.

Top ten football makes 4x guaranteed money than a top 10 baseball draft pick initially.  So its a tough choice to make.

It's true that he's no guarantee to make it in MLB.  But the same is true in the NFL.  And since he has the NFL as a secondary option, he can use that as leverage.  Baseball doesn't have a draft-slot system for it's draftees.  It's all about what kind of signing bonus your agent can get you.  Early 1st rounders stand to make a lot more money off their signing bonus than most of the high picks get in the NFL these days.  The rule changes with the rookie payscale made that true.

And if a team is going to invest a 1st rounder in him, that means they'll be investing in HIM, and giving him every opportunity to get to the majors.  And if he feels he's a better baseball player than football player and he sticks in the MLB, he'll stand to make a LOT more money without a high risk of concussions.

If Jameis Winston falls to the middle of the 1st round in the NFL draft then never plays beyond his rookie deal, he will most definitely have made the wrong decision about which sport to play.

Wrong.  Baseball does have a system like draft slot.  Its a set amount of signing bonuses they can give to their first 10 round picks.  The highest signing bonus from the 2014 MLB draft was 6.58 million for the 3rd overall pick (first pick didnt sign).  23rd pick in NFL draft got 6.6m guaranteed money.  

the new spin on this kid is he is going #1 overall

LOL

Whenever the Jets are in need of a player the fans always blow up that position in dire hope that they'll draft the next superstar.

Winston is sh*t and the Hawaiian Johnny Football won't make it in the NFL.

Draft another position, it's not like they don't need one.

I guess if he stays out of trouble and can play, I could get used to the stupid ******* faces he makes all the time.... No. I'm lying. He's about as unlikeable as they come. Top 3 easiest people to hate: T0mshane, Jameis and Frankenberry

There'll be lots of this... buckle up!

As long as he agrees to get contacts.

Obviously the head coach of ND knows less about football than posters declaring Winston "100% puhcent lock ta bust"

Obviously he knows more. Still, aside from a few here and there most people agree with super high picks. Leaf/Manning was really a tossup. Nobody saw that coming what happened to Leaf. 

ETA: IMO it's not Winston's skill so much as his complete scumbagginess. See: Laurence Phillips. 

Obviously he knows more. Still, aside from a few here and there most people agree with super high picks. Leaf/Manning was really a tossup. Nobody saw that coming what happened to Leaf. 

ETA: IMO it's not Winston's skill so much as his complete scumbagginess. See: Laurence Phillips. 

Phillips was actually proven to have been a rapist and I think he also beat the crap out of some guy at Nebraska.  There was next to zero evidence that Winston raped that girl which is why he didn't get charged with anything.  Other than that I guess if you're mad about him stealing crab legs more power to you.

TBH it's pretty asinine to lump in Winston with a sociopath like Phillips who was also a stranger MF'er in real life.

Phillips was actually proven to have been a rapist and I think he also beat the crap out of some guy at Nebraska.  There was next to zero evidence that Winston raped that girl which is why he didn't get charged with anything.  Other than that I guess if you're mad about him stealing crab legs more power to you.

If I'm running any kind of business, and I do, I don't hire shoplifters. He's a bad dude.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/jameis-winston-incidents-timeline-091714

What person over the age of 10 shoots squirrels with a pellet gun BTW? The only thing on there I don't think is an issue is the $ for autographs. 

Archived