Jameis Winston 'might' NOT declare?

Integrity28

Andrew Luck and Winston are both seen entering a Publix together, Winston comes out in Handcuffs and crabby breath. How's that?

that's funny, when I google Andrew Luck and Publix nothing comes up.  Why would you go this route when talking about Winston as a pro prospect?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot to be said for choosing baseball.  Longer career.  Much more guaranteed money over his career.  Walk away with two good knees.  Less pressure as one of five starters as opposed to "face of the franchise" pressure.

But if you never make it out of the minors all you have is your signing bonus.  Tough choice... guaranteed money vs not being a vegetable at 50.  

But if you never make it out of the minors all you have is your signing bonus.  Tough choice... guaranteed money vs not being a vegetable at 50.  

Jameis is going to be an HOF baseball player or an HOF football player

tough ass choice

that's funny, when I google Andrew Luck and Publix nothing comes up.  Why would you go this route when talking about Winston as a pro prospect?

Maybe cause shameus is a lying stealing rapist turd? And He will not grace the Hall at Cooperstown or Canton, better shot at Attica :winking0001:

It should be a little concerning that he is not fully commited to football, I would want my first round QB fully commited to football and nothing else. I understand wanting to play other sports like Wilson and KAP but at this time of year it should be all about making the jump to the NFL, I dont think he declares.

You don't get drafted into the major leagues you play A ball. He might get a decent bonus, but no guarantee he would ever make it to the majors. He is guaranteed 6 or more if he comes out. Pretty simple math. He's not Elway or Sanders Or Jackson in baseball skill.

It's true that he's no guarantee to make it in MLB.  But the same is true in the NFL.  And since he has the NFL as a secondary option, he can use that as leverage.  Baseball doesn't have a draft-slot system for it's draftees.  It's all about what kind of signing bonus your agent can get you.  Early 1st rounders stand to make a lot more money off their signing bonus than most of the high picks get in the NFL these days.  The rule changes with the rookie payscale made that true.

And if a team is going to invest a 1st rounder in him, that means they'll be investing in HIM, and giving him every opportunity to get to the majors.  And if he feels he's a better baseball player than football player and he sticks in the MLB, he'll stand to make a LOT more money without a high risk of concussions.

If Jameis Winston falls to the middle of the 1st round in the NFL draft then never plays beyond his rookie deal, he will most definitely have made the wrong decision about which sport to play.

Jets fans being scared of the team drafting Jameis is like a virgin scared of getting laid and it won't be amazing 

the team is so bad they need anyone. ANYONE Other than Geno. even if Jameis is Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus combined, the team can't get much worse. the way the rookie contracts are, they can take a top QB every damn year. they have 50 million in cap space and no one to spend it on. 

and by the way he told his baseball teammates he's coming back to play. He's a legit prospect, drafted in the 15th round 2 years ago. He supposedly throws 95-96 with a plus breaking ball. He has a decision to make. 

We know he is good enough to get high first round football money.  Even with all his issues you would have to expect him to be drafted, at worst, in the top ten.  Could go as high as two.  I guess it would depend on how strong a baseball prospect he is.

this post right here is the first time I have seen anyone even MENTION Andrew Luck and Winston in the same sentence. Please provide us with a link written by someone OTHER than an FSU student or alumni

It's actually pretty well documented, which is why a lot of us here are Winston fans: 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000414350/article/scouts-take-jameis-winston-is-no-1-qb-prospect-in-college

With quarterback guru George Whitfield, Jr. on record stating that Winston's football IQ and aptitude are on par with Andrew Luck in the classroom (Whitfield has privately trained Winston and Luck, plus a host of other top quarterbacks in the past few years), I don't have any reservations about his ability to process information on the board and put it into practice on the field.

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2015jwinston.php%C2'>

As a prospect from a pure football perspective and ignoring the off-the-field issues, Winston is elite and in Andrew Luck's ballpark as a quarterback prospect. Winston is a potential franchise quarterback who can lead his team to championships. Numerous sources from multiple teams agree that Winston is just a little bit behind Luck, but is a better prospect than Cam Newton, Sam Bradford or Matthew Stafford were when they came out and went No. 1 overall. 

this post right here is the first time I have seen anyone even MENTION Andrew Luck and Winston in the same sentence. Please provide us with a link written by someone OTHER than an FSU student or alumni

As a prospect from a pure football perspective and ignoring the off-the-field issues, Winston is elite and in Andrew Luck's ballpark as a quarterback prospect.

Small excerpt from thus scouting report.

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2015jwinston.php

As a prospect from a pure football perspective and ignoring the off-the-field issues, Winston is elite and in Andrew Luck's ballpark as a quarterback prospect.

Bull$hit....   he is in Lucks ballpark???    Not even close.

You watch...  he starts slow, many come from behind wins in college against so-so competition.

In the NFL..he will be exposed in my view. He will be a 2nd coming of Geno or Emmanuel.

Ballpark  no effing way. if you want to compare Winston with anyone ..it would be Big Ben..Luck will break every record there is

Oh...thank god....you know for a moment there i was so worried. It almost sounded like his advisory circle wanted him to create doubt to see which team paniced and started making promises.

So maybe some team called and made all the promises OR more likely no one called and Winston's advisory circle asked him to make  the ONLY common sensical move, declare for the draft.

If he is another Big Ben then we should do whatever it takes to get him.

Quoting myself.....actually not anything it takes to get him but we should grab him at 6.    Cant wait for the mocks upon mocks that will be out.  

yeah...but both have actual women with formal charges and a DA afraid of the fallout.  Athlete treatment in both cases...

With heavy federal (Lord knows why) and media observation, Winston was recently absolved of any disciplinary action by FSU

Archived