Divisional Playoff Games Weekend Thread

CrazyCarl40

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as I've read, the game is being discussed. The officiating iS part of the game.

It was just an observable opinion by myself. I never sh*t on the refs unless they miss something big, but you know, it's just the vibe I'm getting from watching.

Baltimore- 2 penalties 25 yards

Patriots- 3 penalties 35 yards.

Stop it

As far as I've read, the game is being discussed. The officiating iS part of the game.

It was just an observable opinion by myself. I never sh*t on the refs unless they miss something big, but you know, it's just the vibe I'm getting from watching.

Plus it's fun trolling someone who gets their panties in a wad on a message board..LOL...J.K.

Because they're  A GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM. 

If Goodell wanted the best ratings for the Super Bowl, either the Jets and Giants would be in the playoffs.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist. I'm not particularly biased. I know what home field advantage looks like, and I'm going to discuss it, if that's an issue for you put me on ignore. 

The bold sentence doesn't even come close to making sense. Pats have had a dominant QB for a decade, which means they've got a national bandwagon. Same as Manning. Teams like Pittsburgh, Dallas, Green Bay... all "national" teams. Jets? Garbage team that nobody outside of tri-state area gives a **** about. 

The vibe is very real. If Kraft doesn't buy the refs the Salem witches do their sh!t.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist. I'm not particularly biased. I know what home field advantage looks like, and I'm going to discuss it, if that's an issue for you put me on ignore. 

The bold sentence doesn't even come close to making sense. Pats have had a dominant QB for a decade, which means they've got a national bandwagon. Same as Manning. Teams like Pittsburgh, Dallas, Green Bay... all "national" teams. Jets? Garbage team that nobody outside of tri-state area gives a **** about. 

New York media market.

Baltimore- 2 penalties 25 yards

Patriots- 3 penalties 35 yards.

Stop it

The fumbles were the difference maker, especially the 2nd one. When the ball is on the ground, and the Ravens fall on it, and are contacted, you blow the whistle. End the play. Change of possession. Instead the refs (standing right in front of it as it happened) let the play go until there was a scrum and the Pats had a chance to fight for it on the bottom of the pile. Anyone with eyes could see Amendola had no chance of recovering that fumble UNLESS he was afforded a chance to steal it back under the pile. 

Timing of penalties and the free 1st downs in context to what is going on is what matters. Not the amount of penalties. If you're going to be the guy that defends officiating then at least come to the table with relevant criteria. 

the story line so far is poor tackling by the ravens.  missed sacks, missed punt return tackles leading to huge field position changers, easy first downs

and they have turned gronk loose and left him completely wide open 3-5 times.  

and here comes the roughing call I bet

The fumbles were the difference maker, especially the 2nd one. When the ball is on the ground, and the Ravens fall on it, and are contacted, you blow the whistle. End the play. Change of possession. Instead the refs (standing right in front of it as it happened) let the play go until there was a scrum and the Pats had a chance to fight for it on the bottom of the pile. Anyone with eyes could see Amendola had no chance of recovering that fumble UNLESS he was afforded a chance to steal it back under the pile.

Timing of penalties and the free 1st downs in context to what is going on is what matters. Not the amount of penalties. If you're going to be the guy that defends officiating then at least come to the table with relevant criteria. 

That stuff happens even when the refs blows the whistle. The ball could change hands so many times when the refs are going there.

New York media market.

National media market, like I said, your comment is irrelevant. 

The SB isn't hurting for rating anyway. What is actually being manipulated is the sports media leading up to the SB. It's all about the narratives that get reported on 24/7 on various channels needing to have national appeal. 

Archived