Jets were prepared to fly to Seattle last night

F.Chowds

Tanny will screw us out of Quinn. Sorry to be so negative but why would Tanny want him in the division, unless Quinn is only interested in coaching the Jets I see Tanny swaying Quinn away from the Jets. I don't buy this he is not directly involved with the Quinn deal.

interesting situation.  he technically isn't a dolphin until 2/1 I believe.  If quinn suspects tanny is steering him, I would hope he would just change agents

Jets can't yet offer Dan Quinn job
Updated: January 11, 2015, 11:39 AM ET
By Adam Schefter | ESPN

The New York Jets were prepared to fly to Seattle immediately after Saturday night's game if theSeattle Seahawks had lost to try to hire Dan Quinn as their head coach, according to sources.

[+] Enlargeny_a_quinn_mb_300x200.jpg
AP Photo/Ted S. WarrenThe Jets were prepared to fly to Seattle on Saturday night to try to hire Dan Quinn as their new head coach if the Seahawks had lost to the Panthers.

Quinn, the Seahawks' defensive coordinator, can't be offered the job or hired until Seattle's postseason run is over, per NFL rules. The defending Super Bowl champion Seahawks defeated theCarolina Panthers31-17, to advance to next Sunday's NFC Championship Game.

The Jets' interest in Quinn is one of the reasons the team kept their likely new general manager, Houston Texansdirector of college scouting Mike Maccagnan, in town for a second straight night during his second interview for the job.

Maccagnan would have gone with the Jets' contingent to Seattle to try to reel in Quinn, who also is drawing interest from the Chicago Bears, among other teams.

Quinn likely will receive multiple offers, a source told ESPN.com's Rich Cimini, so it's premature to say he's a lock for the Jets. However, he has strong ties to New Jersey. He grew up in Morristown, a few miles from the Jets' facility, and has family in the area. He was a Jets assistant in 2007 and 2008.

The Jets fired coach Rex Ryan and general manager John Idzik following their 4-12 season. Ryanis finalizing a five-year deal to become the coach of the Buffalo Bills.

interesting situation.  he technically isn't a dolphin until 2/1 I believe.  If quinn suspects tanny is steering him, I would hope he would just change agents

Quinn knows Tanny from the Jets(2007-08) there will be no BS between them about the Jets.. Quinn is a Jersey guy going home..

Jets were prepared to fly to Seattle last night to hire Quinn if Sea lost, per @AdamSchefter. That's why Maccagnan stayed in NJ. #nyj

Schefter is very reliable but this story just seems like BS. 

The Seahawks were favored by about 14 points and don't lose at home. Who on this planet thought they would lose against the Panthers? 

Just about all of us know the next time we get to speak to Quinn is next Monday. Woody usually gives second interviews to the guys he really likes so I would expect us to interview him at-least one more next Monday or Tuesday. 

The Seahawks were favored by about 14 points and don't lose at home. Who on this planet thought they would lose against the Panthers? 

Why does that matter?  Crazy things can and have happened in the playoffs.  The point was we were PREPARED to fly there if Seattle lost.  We didn't exactly have Jets people at CenturyLink Field watching the game and waiting for him in the tunnel.

Why does that matter? Crazy things can and have happened in the playoffs. The point was we were PREPARED to fly there if Seattle lost. We didn't exactly have Jets people at CenturyLink Field watching the game and waiting for him in the tunnel.

I thought of this also. Tampering?

The problem is that Tanny can be steering Quinn away and saying negative things about Woody, the fans, and the media to sway him in a diffrent direction.

The problem is that Tanny can be steering Quinn away and saying negative things about Woody, the fans, and the media to sway him in a diffrent direction.

Quinn knows Woody. Quinn knows the Jets. Quinn knows the NY media. Quinn knows Tanny was fired by Woody. Quinn knows that Tanny is now an employee of the Dolfags. I don't get some of you people.

Quinn knows Woody. Quinn knows the Jets. Quinn knows the NY media. Quinn knows Tanny was fired by Woody. Quinn knows that Tanny is now an employee of the Dolfags. I don't get some of you people.

What don't you get? How many times were we rumored to have hired someone or sign a player and at the last minute it fell apart and we were left with our 2nd or 3 rd choice. I understand Quinn maybe our top candidate and we have to wait until his teams season is over with, but there is a big risk that comes with that and having a division rival VP of Football Operations and GM that we Fired overseeing our potential next HC is concerning.

Archived