Tanny and Rex in the AFCe, the gifts that keep on giving (merged)

JOJOTOWNSELL

for all circus talk about the Jets the past few years i find it interesting that Tanny and Rex are basically running our 2 biggest rivals......bizzaro world.

They both did very well. 

Rex just got 28m guaranteed which is excellent for him. Why didn't Rex wait for a better team? Because there are only 32 of these jobs in the world and you don't pass on one with that kind of contract. Jimmy Graham is one of the best players in the league only got 20m guaranteed from the Saints this year. 

Tanny did good too. The Dolphins have a Franchise QB that has improved every year. Life is ALOT easier when you have one of those. 

They both did very well.

Rex just got 28m guaranteed which is excellent for him. Why didn't Rex wait for a better team? Because there are only 32 of these jobs in the world and you don't pass on one with that kind of contract. Jimmy Graham is one of the best players in the league only got 20m guaranteed from the Saints this year.

Tanny did good too. The Dolphins have a Franchise QB that has improved every year. Life is ALOT easier when you have one of those.

3 years and no playoffs does not make a franchise qb. Tannehill is as average as they come. There is nothing franchise about him.

They both did very well. 

True unless you play the Jets in the last game of the season..

I know we never have luck like this, but if the new GM/HC combo know what they're doing the Jets have an opportunity to take advantage of some real opportunities coming up over the next 3-4 years. Rex coaching the Bills and Tannenbaum running the Fins, plus Brady approaching 40, there should be a window for this division...hopefully.

Dont care what his numbers are. They were in the playoff hunt last year and lost their last 2 games. They were in the hunt this year and lost 3 of the last 4.

Franchise qbs dont go 1-6 in dec w/ the playoffs on the line.

How about 3-5 in the last 8 games?? Bree's..... Or 2-4 like Ryan(Not Rex the QB) LOL

I know we never have luck like this, but if the new GM/HC combo know what they're doing the Jets have an opportunity to take advantage of some real opportunities coming up over the next 3-4 years. Rex coaching the Bills and Tannenbaum running the Fins, plus Brady approaching 40, there should be a window for this division...hopefully.

I can remember waiting for kelly and marino to retire.  at some point odds are this franchise has to find a QB, right ?

Dumping Rex AND he goes to the Bills? Definition of a win/win.

Tannenbaum will turn the Miami front office into a hornet's nest.

We've hired a personnel-side GM with all the coaching candidates still on the board.

Sixth overall pick. $40+ mil in cap space.

I'm almost optimistic now.

We've hired a personnel-side GM with all the coaching candidates still on the board.

Optimistic enough to use a different Rick Springfield pic??

7fbf5605ce8c20f210e816fb415ef4d5.jpg

I'm no Tannenbaum fan. He's the original accountant with no eye for talent. But he will work hard to improve that team. He'll make expensive, flashy free agent signings, trade picks to move up in the draft for surer things. Hate to say it, but he does have the potential to bring them some short-term success (before the erosion of the roster becomes evident). Think Rex's first two years.

They both did very well.

Tannehill is franchise???? Where are you, I have a bridge to sell.

I agree except"....it's the jets. Something has to go wrong.

I'm no Tannenbaum fan. He's the original accountant with no eye for talent. But he will work hard to improve that team. He'll make expensive, flashy free agent signings, trade picks to move up in the draft for surer things. Hate to say it, but he does have the potential to bring them some short-term success (before the erosion of the roster becomes evident). Think Rex's first two years.

yep.. get a few years before cap hell and bloated contracts to vets that are no longer good mount up

Archived