Pace and Babin to Return for 2015

JetNation

Jason Babin

By Glenn Naughton

As Kristian Dyer of Metro reported yesterday, quarterback Michael Vick and running running back Chris Johnson will not be returning to the Jets next season.  However, it appears a pair of outside linebackers will be coming back to gang green in Calvin Pace and Jason Babin.

Despite his reputation as an outstanding pass-rusher, Babin got to the quarterback only twice in 2014 but his stellar all-around play that came as a surprise to some was likely a factor in the Jets’ decision to retain the eleven-year veteran.

Meanwhile Pace will be entering his eight season in New York after spending the first five years of his career in Arizona with the Cardinals where he was a first round selection out of Wake Forest in the 2003 draft.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
GInaempar38

View the full article

10 seconds after we draft Shane Ray, I cut both these 2 worthless old dogs.

As of today, I am officially torn between drafting  Shane Ray or Brandon Schreff with the 6th pick in the 1st round. Pretty sure I can get a quality OT in the 2nd round if need be.   Not too sure what OLBer I will be liking after the 1st.

I like Danielle Hunter, but this cat doesn't make a lot of plays.

There was a lot of whining about how much playing time these two guys got last year. I'd expect the team to maybe address the position in free agency, but definitely in the draft - maybe as early as #6 overall. Be interesting to see how the competition plays out between these old guys and Enemkpali and Reilly.

There was a lot of whining about how much playing time these two guys got last year. I'd expect the team to maybe address the position in free agency, but definitely in the draft - maybe as early as #6 overall. Be interesting to see how the competition plays out between these old guys and Enemkpali and Reilly.

It was incredibly stupid to keep running those guys out there last year, along with Dawan Landry.

It was incredibly stupid to keep running those guys out there last year, along with Dawan Landry.

We'll see if any of the other guys he had last season prove to be worthy of any playing time this year. My guess is that there'll be a push to find starters at the OLB positions that aren't currently on the roster. Ditto at safety. 

If those were the best players he had, there's nothing stupid about playing them. I suspect they were. 

We'll see if any of the other guys he had last season prove to be worthy of any playing time this year. My guess is that there'll be a push to find starters at the OLB positions that aren't currently on the roster. Ditto at safety.

If those were the best players he had, there's nothing stupid about playing them. I suspect they were.

because of his sparkling record as a talent evaluator.

because of his sparkling record as a talent evaluator.

I'm really not all that interested in rehashing this ridiculous argument. If you could point to all the players Rex failed to develop who flourished elsewhere, maybe you'd have something. 

I'm looking to the future. We'll see if IK or Trevor develop into players for Bowles, or if they continue to sit behind Pace and Babin. Will it still be stupid to sit them this year under a new coach? 

[/quote I do like Enemkpali and Reilly they will develop into good players with time

I'm really not all that interested in rehashing this ridiculous argument. If you could point to all the players Rex failed to develop who flourished elsewhere, maybe you'd have something.

I'm looking to the future. We'll see if IK or Trevor develop into players for Bowles, or if they continue to sit behind Pace and Babin. Will it still be stupid to sit them this year under a new coach?

Rehash what argument? The history is the history. Rex was a soft touch who failed to improve the team.

Rehash what argument? The history is the history. Rex was a soft touch who failed to improve the team.

I know, and the first head coach hired this offseason was completely unhireable and would be lucky to land a coordinator job. I've heard all about it, and it bored me when he was still working here. 

Back to back accountants at the GM position was a death knell. Glad we moved on from that. You should spend some of your internet time trolling Bills boards. 

I know, and the first head coach hired this offseason was completely unhireable and would be lucky to land a coordinator job. I've heard all about it, and it bored me when he was still working here.

Back to back accountants at the GM position was a death knell. Glad we moved on from that. You should spend some of your internet time trolling Bills boards.

Orrrrr, after failing to scam a grieving Arthur Blank into ignoring his entire front office, him and Sexton flew to Florida to dupe the reeling Pegulas into giving him the Bills job, but ok. You can pull up any of my posts on the topic and it predicted that very circumstance: no GM in the league was going to hire him and it'd take some halfwit, gullible owner looking for a headline to bail him out. Dimitroff and Pioli probably sent Doug Whaley a condolences bouquet the instant he was circumvented. The alleged most desirable coach was sent away from Atlanta with his hat in his hand and was offered exactly one other interview.

Orrrrr, after failing to scam a grieving Arthur Blank into ignoring his entire front office, him and Sexton flew to Florida to dupe the reeling Pegulas into giving him the Bills job, but ok. You can pull up any of my posts on the topic and it predicted that very circumstance: no GM in the league was going to hire him and it'd take some halfwit, gullible owner looking for a headline to bail him out. Dimitroff and Pioli probably sent Doug Whaley a condolences bouquet the instant he was circumvented. The alleged most desirable coach was sent away from Atlanta with his hat in his hand and was offered exactly one other interview.

Did I mention how bored I am with this? 

Glad you were not the coach of jets when Wayne crebet stepped on field

Any who...this is good move.  The old guys will platoon until IK is ready which won't be long.   IK was on field 10x and either made a play on ball or was in qb face for 9 of those plays....he is no joke...

And BTW u talk bad about my boy IK    I will ban you from the site so watch your mouth.

And for once I agree with tomshane .....Rex did no rookies any favors...he knows little about any position other than DE.. And it took hall of fame players like Lewis and co. for his defenses to work.  Good luck in buffalo, looking forward to the circus act.

Glad you were not the coach of jets when Wayne crebet stepped on field

Any who...this is good move.  The old guys will platoon until IK is ready which won't be long.   IK was on field 10x and either made a play on ball or was in qb face for 9 of those plays....he is no joke...

And BTW u talk bad about my boy IK    I will ban you from the site so watch your mouth.

And for once I agree with tomshane .....Rex did no rookies any favors...he knows little about any position other than DE.. And it took hall of fame players like Lewis and co. for his defenses to work.  Good luck in buffalo, looking forward to the circus act.

You prefer Kotite over me?!? Wow, that hurts. 

Wake me up when Enemkpali or Reilly proves to be the Wayne Chrebet of their respected positions.  

Pretty much the major factor. An average QB would've saved his job. Oh well

Archived