Hypothetically, if offered Sanchise for Geno would you take it?

TuscanyTile2

Wait what ??

Geno plays well at times but Sanchez doesn't ? Sanchez had some fantastic games this season and in prior seasons I don't remember Geno ever having a fantastic game some good ones yes but never fantastic

^ would package sheldon and mo to philly for sanchez

^ would package sheldon and mo to philly for sanchez

Don't be a jerk Chan

My favorite scenario is the Jets get a boat load of draft picks and Nick Foles

My second favorite is just outright drafting Mariota and signing Matt Moore as a stop gap while Mariota sits for a year or so

Don't be a jerk Chan

My favorite scenario is the Jets get a boat load of draft picks and Nick Foles

My second favorite is just outright drafting Mariota and signing Matt Moore as a stop gap while Mariota sits for a year or so

Mariota busts and it's the end of Big mac and toilet bowl...

Mariota busts and it's the end of Big mac and toilet bowl...

You can't be a GM and Coach and let fear dictate .... It either works or it doesn't ...If they love Mariota they will go after him they seem like that type. I guess it all comes down to how they feel about the different scenarios that they face. Hopefully they make the right choice. No matter who they choose they better get some real talent in here to make it work

You can't be a GM and Coach and let fear dictate .... It either works or it doesn't ...If they love Mariota they will go after him they seem like that type. I guess it all comes down to how they feel about the different scenarios that they face. Hopefully they make the right choice. No matter who they choose they better get some real talent in here to make it work

Have to be smart, there is no Luck in this draft, and bringing a project like Mariotta in to this terrible team is a recipe for disaster.

Want to know why people still think Sanchez was good? Cause the team around him was very good and won in spite of his horrific play. Much rather stock up on good players and grab a guy in rd 2-4 + pick up a young vet. Believe me I wish there was a guy worth taking, but I don't see it

Wait what ??

Geno plays well at times but Sanchez doesn't ? Sanchez had some fantastic games this season and in prior seasons I don't remember Geno ever having a fantastic game some good ones yes but never fantastic

With us, I don't think Sanchez ever had a game like Geno had against the Dolphins at the end of this season. Also I don't know if Sanchez is capable of eliminating stupid turnovers.  Look at his game against the Redskins in which the Eagles lost and were eliminated.  He was moving the Eagles all game long but his turnovers killed the Eagles.

Look at us.  We're  like kids playing in a junkyard, turning over the same rusty broken toys hoping *this* time they'll work.  Sad.

In no way am I suggesting we try to re-acquire Mark Sanchez.  I'm thrilled he's no longer a Jet and I absolutely don't want him back.  My point was NOT that at all.  I was just saying that as horrible as Sanchez was, he's still better than Geno.  The fact that those are our previous 2 starting QBs is amazing to me (which WAS my point).

Hindsight. It's 20/20. And I wouldn't take either one. Geno has proven to 95% certainty that he is not capable of being a NY QB. And Mark proved it 100%. Maybe Mark can find a spot in a smaller media market with some QB whisper coach and have success. Tennessee might actually be a good landing spot. But he couldn't get it done here. Period.

I do wonder what could have been if Mark doesn't get injured in that Giants game in 2013. Would he have done better with Marty in a west coast system, and or... Would Geno have benefited from sitting year one?

Yeah I agree too, at least with Geno there is still some room to grow (little, but none the less still some potential) where with Sanchez we already know what he is.

It would be interesting to see how things would of turned out if Sanchez didn't get injured and was able to play all 16 games back in 13 under MM and the West coast offense, there for letting Geno sit a year. Personally I think sitting his rookie year would of done wonders for Geno, but we'll never know for sure.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Sanchez is the chick who was a tease. You always thought you would get some and chased her for a long time. Finally you realized it would never happen and turned to someone else. Enter Geno never really teased but you thought there was potential. After awhile you realize she was screwin you over too. Time to move on...

Sanchez is the chick who was a tease. You always thought you would get some and chased her for a long time. Finally you realized it would never happen and turned to someone else. Enter Geno never really teased but you thought there was potential. After awhile you realize she was screwin you over too. Time to move on...

difference being one of those chicks was hot enough to get to two AFCCGs

Sanchez - 9 games 198 / 309  64.1 % 14 TD  11 INT  2400 yds

Geno - 14 games 219/367 59 % 13 TD 13 Ints  2500 yds

First of all this trade would never happen because no one in their right mind would ever trade for Geno Smith. 

Yeah, nice. Forget the fact that Sanchez was in his 6th year and Geno his second. Forget the fact that Chip's system is QB friendly.

Have to be smart, there is no Luck in this draft, and bringing a project like Mariotta in to this terrible team is a recipe for disaster.

Want to know why people still think Sanchez was good? Cause the team around him was very good and won in spite of his horrific play. Much rather stock up on good players and grab a guy in rd 2-4 + pick up a young vet. Believe me I wish there was a guy worth taking, but I don't see it

Chan the Jets are far from a terrible team .

On offense all we really need is a True Number 1 WR and a guard or 2 and they are very attainable via the draft or via free agency.

On Defense we need a few LBer's that will bring speed to the front 7 that's also very attainable vis FA and the draft.

A corner Lets assume for now we land a solid CB via FA

All of the things listed above look very much like things looked When Parcells took over what I thought was a talented Roster in 96 and that team turned around real quick and we did it with a stop gap QB like Vinny Testaverde added Curtis Martin Brian Cox Kevin Mawae and I believe Pepper Johnson.  Parcells and Weiss had some kind of impact on Vinny and changed him from a turnover Machine basically over night.

So lets say we add Cobb and Spiller and the Guard of your choice Suddenly our offense can become very explosive and also have the power running of a Chris Ivory to close out games in the 4th Quarter. That looks very nice to me.

On defense we add Acho and lets say for arguments sake Darrelle Revis. And let Williams McDougale and Walls sort out the other corner spot and Nickel back.

Then it comes down to the stop gap QB OR the trade for a guy like Foles and some draft picks .... OR if Kelly moves up ahead of us we can trade for Foles straight up for a second or third round pick .... Lots of senarios at QB including Matt Moore as a stop gap until we draft what we want. The guys not a world beater but with a very good team around him and finally surrounding him with some talent like he had his first year in Carolina he could very well be a good QB here and very capable.

With 50 million to spend the above listed is not far fetched at all and some may say we could even do more. So why can't this team get better real quick with the right moves and the right Stop gap QB who wont throw games away and manage this team  ?

Wait what ??

I can't really remember the last time Sanchez played well in a Jets uniform. You'd probably have to go back to the 2010 season. Sanchez had a few good games with the Eagles because he was surrounded by a good team. Notice how he went back to being the same old Sanchez when they played good teams like the Packers and the Seahawks.

Archived