Texans aiming at getting Hoyer;Would they then release Fitzpatrick and Jets go for him?

UnknownJetFan

Not sure why Hoyer wouldn't be an option for the Jets? They guy had no running game, no one to throw to and an inconsistent defense and still did decent last year. I would be happy with Hoyer, Petty, Geno, and Simms battle it out. 

Hoyer is an option for the Jets.

Rich Cimini retweeted

As mentioned last night, Hoyer has two teams interested in him for opportunity to start: #Texans and #Jets. Others would be for backup role.

ESPN's Josina Anderson reports the 49ers and Vikings have expressed interest in free agent Brian Hoyer.

Hoyer wants to go somewhere he'd have a chance to compete for the starting job. It wouldn't happen in either Minnesota or San Francisco, but we highly doubt there are more than 1-2 teams willing to give Hoyer a shot as a starter. He proved last season as a turnover-prone "game manager" that he's a backup.

Glennon Foles Glennon Foles Glennon Foles.

Geno will probably be our starter this year. Let's see what Gailey and a better receiving core could do for Geno. If Hoyer comes on board then he will definitely push Geno for the position. Yes, times are are looking gloomy that we could be looking at a Geno Hoyer battle but it is what it is. Glennon is staying out and Foles is still a possibility but I will not throw away my Geno t shirt yet...just have to find it.

Hoyer's stats were terrible last year.  He had 12 td's and 13 ints with a 55% completion rate.  He has little upside.  Geno is young, has more talent and more potential to be decent.  Hoyer isn't getting any better.  I would rather have Fitzpatrick as a stop gap.

Hoyer's stats were terrible last year. He had 12 td's and 13 ints with a 55% completion rate. He has little upside. Geno is young, has more talent and more potential to be decent. Hoyer isn't getting any better. I would rather have Fitzpatrick as a stop gap.

I can't wait for all these "Geno is da worstest qb evah" people to just experience Brian Hoyer for one quarter. The guy is beyond atrocious

Once the league figured out Hoyer he became the worst starting qb in the NFL by far. Those stats you cite are actually inflated he wasn't even an nfl qb second half of last season.

Personally, give me Foles or Glennon ahead of all these guys, even if it takes a pick, fourth or lower, to get one.

Then I would like to see a true QB competition in which Geno playing in a system he is totally comfortable in, spread offense, rise up to the challenge and win the competition. Yet, I want to see a competitor,who is doing his damnedest to take that job away from Geno.

In the end who ever comes out on top has to be the NY Jets starting QB. No give aways this time around for anyone. Best player plays, I don't give a damn what there making or when they were drafted. If they are getting beat by a walk on, then their butts sit until they can beat him out on the playing field.

We need a QB. Period.  Geno scrub azz Smith is NOT the answer. Mac and Bowles have been hush hush on Geno but the writing is on the wall.  Mac is going to want to find his QB and not inherit Idziiot's draft mess.   Gone is Harvin, gone is Johnson, and the other underperformers who were tied to Idziot will be gone as well. For now, Smith stays since he has 1 year left on his contract.  Hopefully, Mac trades this bum. If he stays, I doubt he even sees the green on the grass this upcoming year.  The draft needs to unfold to see where Mariota falls.  We either  draft Mariota in the first, or Petty in the second or possibly trade for Glennon or Foles. If we get the latter of  Glennon or Foles, there is no need for a Hoyer, Fitz etc.  If Mariota or Petty is drafted then we MUST sign a vet like Hoyer, Locker or Fitz to keep the seat warm until the projected QB is ready the following year or two. Thats how I see it.  We need to contact those responsible for the Idziot billboard and have them put this up NOW..........Anyone but Geno             

Fitzpatrick sucks. Guy is no better than Geno. Gimme a break, why would anyone want this turd? And the Chan Gailey connection means dyck to me, he actually sucked under him as well. INT machine.

In his last four seasons as a starter he has thrown more INTs than TD's only once and completed over 60% of his passes in every one of them.  How does that, in any way resemble what Geno Smith has done as a Jet?

Archived