2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

I would love to have Cespedes on this team -- he is my top free agent target at this point. If you make a deal, you have to be able to sign Cespedes -- he will be a free agent at the end of the season. I don't want to give up Matz and Nimmo for a 2 month rental.

How does he keep getting passed around like Lindsay Lohan at a rehab clinic? Three teams in three years?

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How does he keep getting passed around like Lindsay Lohan at a rehab clinic? Three teams in three years?

If he gets dealt within the next 9 days he'd be apart of the Oakland a's, Boston Red Sox, Detroit Tigers and whoever gets him since last July.

Terry took the blame for the loss. "That ones on me" he went on to say ( paraphrasing ) that familia should've been in the game and he didn't get him up in time.

he can take his apology and stuff it, a total clownshoe job. Rutgers said it above, don't come out and tell me its a " playoff" game and then pull that .

Collins tells the media yesterday he expects Cuddyer in the starting lineup tonight, they walk over to Cuddyers locker and he tells them he can't play 9 innings and expects to go on the DL…..Mets baseball baby.

Collins tells the media yesterday he expects Cuddyer in the starting lineup tonight, they walk over to Cuddyers locker and he tells them he can't play 9 innings and expects to go on the DL…..Mets baseball baby.

lmfao - I'm expecting an epic tailspin the rest of the way.  It's like, what the Mets do.  

What a ******* joke. Way too long to make that call. Why on earth wouldn't you have called him up for Monday's game with that lineup?

Yeah they should've made this move from Sunday. Has to be some sort of disconnect in the front office.

Keep rooting for the Tigers to lose, maybe Cespedes shakes loose. Conforto, Cespedes, D'Arnaud comes back and hey you can score some runs.

In another twist regarding the free agent deal he signed out of Cuba, Tigers outfielder Yoenis Cespedes would be effectively precluded from signing with the team as a free agent after this year unless he is traded away in the interim, Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports. It was already a matter of common knowledge that the club could not make him a qualifying offer after the year, since his deal requires that he be released five days after its conclusion. But Rosenthal now cites a CBA provision providing that a released player also cannot be re-signed by his club until May 15 of the ensuing year. While Detroit could hold Cespedes and attempt to work out an extension at any point up to five days after the World Series, it would otherwise be unable to bring him back unless he sat out a good portion of the 2016 campaign — a highly unlikely scenario. Of course, moving him now would prevent the team from working out a deal until the power-hitting outfielder becomes a free agent. As Rosenthal notes, Cespedes has told friends that he hopes to remain with the Tigers, and Detroit has given every indication that it intends to compete next year even if it moves some pieces this summer.

Yeah they should've made this move from Sunday. Has to be some sort of disconnect in the front office.

Keep rooting for the Tigers to lose, maybe Cespedes shakes loose. Conforto, Cespedes, D'Arnaud comes back and hey you can score some runs.

Dude has been lighting it up the past two weeks. What's the problem? What, another week in the minors is really going to make all the difference? That's what he needed?

At first I thought maybe they are not bringing Conforto up today because he is a lefty and they are going against Kershaw.  Then I realized, we are starting Granderson (.121 against lefties), Campbell (.091 against lefties) and Mayberry (.185 against lefties).  Could he be any worse?

At first I thought maybe they are not bringing Conforto up today because he is a lefty and they are going against Kershaw.  Then I realized, we are starting Granderson (.121 against lefties), Campbell (.091 against lefties) and Mayberry (.185 against lefties).  Could he be any worse?

Smart, management. 

Wright will start baseball activity in NY this week

July 23rd, 2015 4:57 pm

David Wright will resume baseball activity next week in New York, not St. Lucie, Mets GM Sandy Alderson told reporters at Citi Field on Thursday.

According to Alderson, money recouped this season from Wright’s contract will not afford him additional payroll flexibility, in terms of acquiring players before the trade deadline.

Wright, 32, has been out since mid-April trying to overcome lumbar spinal stenosis.

He teammates during the team’s recent trip to Los Angeles that he isn’t going to rush the process, though he expects to play for them again this season.

John Mayberry jr batting cleanup tonight. Mets fans deserve better than this man.

To be fair, Kershaw has like a 1.5 lifetime ERA against the Mets. This is why resting anyone for the Nats was dumb, no matter how many innings they played the day before. They get Kershaw and Greinke now. Should have stuck it out and then conceded two games we were going to lose anyways.

To be fair, Kershaw has like a 1.5 lifetime ERA against the Mets. This is why resting anyone for the Nats was dumb, no matter how many innings they played the day before. They get Kershaw and Greinke now. Should have stuck it out and then conceded two games we were going to lose anyways.

True. on a side note, is Grienke still pitching? Heard he left the club his wife is expecting.

Tom, Aramis Ramirez to the Pirates. Now who will the Mets get ?

Jetlife you seem like a good respectful yankee fan and I know your a great Jet fan so no disrespect, but you need to understand that the mets aren't getting anyone, zero, nobody.its all a scam, they are taking on zero salary.

Jetlife you seem like a good respectful yankee fan and I know your a great Jet fan so no disrespect, but you need to understand that the mets aren't getting anyone, zero, nobody.its all a scam, they are taking on zero salary.

I'm over here rooting for the Tigers to lose ( which they did today ) so maybe Cespedes can fall into the Mets lap lol Its good for the city when both the Yankees and Mets are doing well. If you are indeed correct I am sorry, you deserve a better lineup than this!

Archived