2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carig saying that he "misunderstood" his source, and that the Mets were never in on Cespedes. Meaning that the Wilpons have closed the checkbook.

Is the pursuit of a setup man still on?

The perception in the market is that the Padres will definitely move Joaquin Benoit before the deadline, Buster Olney of ESPN.com tweets.

Rays reliever Kevin Jepsen is now a stronger trade candidate now that the Rays have slipped to 49-51, Morosi tweets. Jepsen, who is eligible for free agency after the 2016 season, owns a 2.88 ERA with 7.3 K/9 and 4.2 BB/9 through 45 appearances this season.

The mets having closed the checkbook shocks me about this much. Seriously. God forbid we add a little power to this moneyball situation we have going here. It's sad because when these young pitchers all start looking to get paid in 3 years or longer we are going to lose them all.

Niuewenhuis, Conforto, Johnson and Uribe all having huge impacts this week was pretty much the death sentence on a big move, I feel like. Maybe I'm wrong and it's smoke. I hope so. We could be so ******* good.

All depends on the price tag.

I read somewhere that they actually went after Tulowitzki although that could just be Sandy BSing the media to make it look like they are willing to spend some major coin.

At any rate I would not trade any of the big four SP's.  If the kid in LF is the real deal that helps a lot. I'd like to see us add another big outfield bat to move Lagares/Nieuwenhuis to the bench permanently for the remainder of this season and let Grandy slide over to CF.

The Cuddyer signing being such a huge bust has hurt.

Gotta love deGrom out pitching the hottest pitcher in baseball with their recent addition driving in the scoring run.

deGrom is the best player on this team right now.  I love the Dark Knight and all but deGrom is damn near untouchable. 

All depends on the price tag.

I read somewhere that they actually went after Tulowitzki although that could just be Sandy BSing the media to make it look like they are willing to spend some major coin.

At any rate I would not trade any of the big four SP's.  If the kid in LF is the real deal that helps a lot. I'd like to see us add another big outfield bat to move Lagares/Nieuwenhuis to the bench permanently for the remainder of this season and let Grandy slide over to CF.

The Cuddyer signing being such a huge bust has hurt.

If he was just a shell of his former self this team would be in such better position.  He's shot though.

But, what do you expect?  Coming from Colorado to this ball park?  It was a disaster in the making at his age. 

The Mets’ pursuit of a long-term answer at shortstop has been well-documented, and one of their latest endeavors was to explore the possibility of an intra-division swap that would bring Andrelton Simmons from Atlanta to Queens, reports ESPN’s Buster Olney (via Twitter). However, Olney hears that talks went nowhere, as the Braves placed such a high asking price on Simmons that it was “basically unreachable.”

If he was just a shell of his former self this team would be in such better position.  He's shot though.

But, what do you expect?  Coming from Colorado to this ball park?  It was a disaster in the making at his age. 

Yep.  And it was completely awful timing too.  A record 8 shortstops went in the 1st round of the '15 draft and we didn't have a 1st to use on one.  On the heels of Carlos Correa's emergence we're about to see a mid-90's-esque renaissance of sorts at the SS position, but we may have missed the boat.  Gotta hope that Amed Rosario and/or Gavin Cecchini work out so we won't regret that.

Yep.  And it was completely awful timing too.  A record 8 shortstops went in the 1st round of the '15 draft and we didn't have a 1st to use on one.  On the heels of Carlos Correa's emergence we're about to see a mid-90's-esque renaissance of sorts at the SS position, but we may have missed the boat.  Gotta hope that Amed Rosario and/or Gavin Cecchini work out so we won't regret that.

It's almost as if trading away your farm system for aging veterans is a stupid way to go about things. Who knew?

The funny thing is, the Uribe deal is the exact type of deal all of us that you were saying dumb sh*t to had been calling for. You were the one screaming to trade away all the pitching, not us bub.

Nope. You were the one saying that Uribe types would cost one of the pitchers.

Archived