2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been as big of a proponent for Cuddyer, since the beginning of this season. It is good to see him hit as he has in the past. 

That said, the jump he got on that fly pop up to left was horrible yesterday

Agree.  I couldn't understand why Collins didn't bring Conforto in as a defensive replacement to start that inning. We had the lead...it was late and Cuddyer had been up the inning before if I recall correctly.

At least Cuddyer made up for it later with the big hit but still...another Collins head scratcher..

Like it or not (and I don't), the Mets manage to a sabermetric approach. Sabermetrics suggest your best hitter should be in the no. 2 slot in the order.

And if he is going by metrics, since the break Granderson, Conforto, and Cudduyer (and Duda) have all been statistically better.

This is stupid. They were on a tear with him batting third. I do not mind Collins shifting some things around and experimenting to see what works and what doesn't, but I think anyone who watched that road trip knows that Cespedes batting 3rd was a huge reason why the offense was doing what it was.

Yes it does but you have to love the consistency of Grandy and Conforto.  

When was the last time the Mets called up a hitter mid season and was this effective? 

The Mets farm system has not contributed any legit hitters in recent memory.

Mike Jacobs?

Wow, forgot about him.  I checked Wikipedia to see where he ended up.  He's currently in the Mexican League. 

Also found this tidbit:  "Contrary to popular belief, Jacobs is not Jewish. This small detail was apparently not known to the Marlins when, on May 28, 2006, as part of the team's Jewish Heritage Day promotion, they gave Jacobs t-shirts to young fans who attended the game."[14]

lol.

Tonight's line-up Citi Field 7:10pm est vs Phillies

1. Curtis Granderson (L) RF
2. Yoenis Cespedes (R) CF
3. Daniel Murphy (L) 2B...
4. David Wright (R) 3B
5. Michael Conforto (L) LF
6. Michael Cuddyer (R) 1B
7. Travis d'Arnaud (R) C
8. Ruben Tejada (R) SS
9. Jon Niese (L) P (8-9 3.95)

Can Terry Collins please stop thinking he's Tony LaRussa, Joe McCarthy  and John McGraw rolled into 1?

Get Murphy in the 2 hole, Cespedes in the 3 hole and Wright cleanup please?? It was working big time but now the genious plays with the order and we're scraping to get runs.

Tonight's line-up Citi Field 7:10pm est vs Phillies

1. Curtis Granderson (L) RF
2. Yoenis Cespedes (R) CF
3. Daniel Murphy (L) 2B...
4. David Wright (R) 3B
5. Michael Conforto (L) LF
6. Michael Cuddyer (R) 1B
7. Travis d'Arnaud (R) C
8. Ruben Tejada (R) SS
9. Jon Niese (L) P (8-9 3.95)

Niese is getting shelled and my boo Cespedes has fallen into a slump.  I think he's hitless in his last 20 or so at bats. 

He heard me and hit another moon ball.  2 run shot on the same pitch he struck out on both at bats before.  I love him.  Still down 4-6 and I'm at a bar called "Phillies Finest" but I believe. 

we were due to lose one to the Phils, I'm not freaking out, but honestly can someone give me one reason that Oflarrety is still being trotted out there?

I am hard pressed to remember the last time they were out of a game before tonight.

Really thought they'd win it after rallying back right away from down 6-0. 

I am hard pressed to remember the last time they were out of a game before tonight.

Really thought they'd win it after rallying back right away from down 6-0. 

Yea we're in great shape, we are all just scarred from the 7 up with 17 to go, that only happened because we went 0-6 against Philly in those 17….as long as we win 2 or 3 of our 6 against the Nats they won't catch us.

Archived